Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 587 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

Very productive and very great place to work

I love working in a Fairmont hotel I really want to go back there I love my supervisors I learned so many things there it was really a pleasure working with the team love you Fairmont

Pros

Yes i always have free lunch and breakfast

Cons

I was working full-time

Good place

Good place to, it is a very nice building with a calm and friendly atmosphere. The hotel is a stone building looking at the river shore. Nice location downtown.

Busy, understaffed, reactive, high turnover

-Busy atmosphere -Understaffed in many areas -Reactive management -High turnover of staff -Overbooked -Good food for staff -Cute dogs -Union environment makes it hard to work there

Environnement adapté pour les activités exterieurs

Good place for people want experience and good lifestyle/adventure

good place to work

At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.

A fuir

Inintéressant, beaucoup de promesses pas de concrétisation.

Pros

Repas cafétéria à $6

Cons

Pas d'evolutions, pas de suivi, pas d'echanges

Awesome

Fairmont really is one of the best places for work, they really care of its people and the work enviroment is great. The hotel I worked for it was hard to get promoted from within, all managers used to came from outside, that was the only reason for me to leave.

A really nice place to work

I worked a Summer job at the Fairmont Waterfront. It is definitely fast-paced, but well structured and the team is really collaborative, and they have awesome team leaders. There's always something to learn. The work/life balance goes for each person differently, as most positions are rotating shift, and it's based on seniority.

Pros

Great work culture, discounts for employees

Good place for work but not forever

Stayed at FCLL for 1 year and few months. I enjoyed living and working at the hotel. The work culture is good but varies from department to department.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Isolated

great place to work with great people

Excellent company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement as well a good work life balance. Great team work in a fast based environment . Job with never a dull moment

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Corporate

Enjoyed my time. Corporate initiatives run the company being part of a much larger company leaving little room for personal initiatives. Very structured. Training a big focus for the company

Dreamy job

One of the best companies I’ve worked with. My superiors and my co-workers always made me feel welcomed and appreciated, and while it is a very demanding job, it is also incredibly rewarding.

Fun, fast paced and professional hotel chain

I spent many years with this company and they helped shape me as a person and a professional. They provide wonderful working environments for beginners and professionals alike and help their colleagues advance onto bigger and brighter futures

No communication, poor management

You put up with a lot from management, chefs, banquets & even staff. Don't get payed well, staff accom keeps going up but pay doesn't. They don't mange money well at all & a lot of important things fall to the side line (black mold in staff accom)

Pros

Experience, location

Cons

Poor management, poor communication, pay not worth the stress

Extraordinary place to work. Lots of room to grow!

I worker at Fairmont for over 6 years. I met a lot of wonder people. I really enjoyed working here. I worked through one of the largest renovations to guest rooms and the Union station project. It was challenging at times but we always had great Leadership and support!

Just don’t

There is absolutely no job security. If you’re a part time, you’ll be treated like you don’t belong. The management is poor. The staff is self centred. Management pretends to listen to your issues but takes no step whatsoever. It’s probably the union thing they have which has made their life so difficult. The permanent employees working there don’t know how to perform, but they cannot be fired either.

Excellent

Best place I’ve ever worked for. Wonderful work atmosphere and everyone is treated like family. You work hard but you’re appreciated and compensated. Very rewarding job and I regret leaving everyday. Only left due to moving to a different city.

Work is good, staff is friendly

Learned good communication with guests and leaned new things everyday. Meeting new people on a day to day basis helped me learn kindness and patience.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

can be too physical

A fun place to work!

A more laid back atmosphere than you would expect. The staff were all great, the managers were amazing and the pay was more than fair. I worked in service and it was amazing.

Great money, Horrible Management

As a Busperson, I was able to make excellent tips, learn a lot about customer service, and had the opportunity to meet a number of amazing people at this job-- HOWEVER the management, at least at my location, was the worst I've experienced to this day. They rarely listen to your availability (good luck if you have any life outside of work, like school), refuse to hire more staff, which also means that you are constantly under-staff. Most managers, if not all, are inexperienced and overloaded with work and complaints, so they are too exhausted to provide any empathy and are rarely available and willing to support you. Most of the time, you would not be able to find a single person in charge. But hey, they're trying, right? And to top it off, Fairmont does not allow professional references to be provided :) so after all of your months suffering... it's like none of it even happened :)))

They don't care employees

One of the most stressful and amateur work place with lowest Employee engagement score I've ever seen. Real dictatorship management. Stay away. It doesn't worth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2