Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 588 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

Very productive and very great place to work

I love working in a Fairmont hotel I really want to go back there I love my supervisors I learned so many things there it was really a pleasure working with the team love you Fairmont

Pros

Yes i always have free lunch and breakfast

Cons

I was working full-time

great job

fulfilling role and great people to work with. Working at the Fairmont has a lot of great perks and one of them is travelling the world. lots of room for advancement as well

Unionized environment at some properties

I worked at the Empress, very high hourly wages and great benefits. Tenured team that was at times resistant to change and development. Loved the staff cafeteria!

Professional Environment

Professional environment. Must have passion for cooking and be able to handle extremely high stress situations while maintaining some of the most reknowned standards in the hospitality industry.

lieu de travail imbatable

un milieu detravail qui laisse des traces innoubliable .....ravis de le rjoindre

Really Good Company

Fairmont it is a really good place to work, everyone is really friendly and cares about each other. We have a lot of benefits and events to please the employees.

Fast paced. Great learning environment.

High energy required on a regular basis. Able to gain knowledge from the wealth of experience of coworkers and management. There is always someone who cares about your wellbeing, whether or not it is work related or personal life.

Positive culture

A great place to work. I have never worked at a friendlier place. You do not find the normal whinging that you find at most other jobs. A real positive team atmosphere.

Fun workplace

It is an amazing place to work, everyone there is super kind. Everyone there loves what they do and is super passionate. You learn a lot from being around the people there and are well supported.

Worst work environment

I have never had a work place as bad as the Mallard Lounge at the Fairmont in Whistler. As a junior server you are very poorly tipped (the senior servers keep 99% of it and the managers do nothing about it), over worked, and have no say. The physical work is unbearable and way more than what they say in the job description. Because of the way the junior staff were treated I will never recommend anyone I know to work there or even stay there asa guest

Pros

Whistler was beautiful

Cons

Everything about the job

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Amazing place to work and grow your career

A company based on values and development, coupled with a major focus on luxury service for all guests. Wonderful opportunities for those starting out in their careers as well as executives that want to take the next step in hospitality.

Underpaid/Undervalued

While the work itself can be demanding and taxing at times. The colleagues you work with are what makes this place worth staying at. Senior management is out of touch with mid management and below. They will dangle promotions over you and often give them to the ones most eager and willing to take for low money. Never have I seen soo many director positions created just to keep talent that could make more elsewhere.

Good place to work and live

You gotta try it for yourself life changing. Boss are amazing and take care of there workers all ways around to talk if things get hard expsoly being in such a iceoled place

Fun team

It was a great time at Fairmont. Loved the benefits of cheap hotels wherever I go, and they were great employees. Very accomodating as a student and offered full-time employment during summers

Great Perks.

Really helpful working environment. It does not matter if you work part time or full time the perks are same for both which makes me really happy as I van only work here part time until I get my working visa.

Environnement de travail qui surpasse les attentes

Environnement de travail qui surpasse les attentes.

Great Culture

The developement opportunities are excellent. It is easy to move around and see different parts of the world, or country. Everyone who works there shares the same work ethic.

Pros

Great Benefits, Duty meals

Cons

Long Hours

Great Environment

The working environment at the fairmont jasper park lodge is very fun and very rewarding, for me it was a great way to learn to live on my own and meet new people.

Nice leaderships, good employee's restaurant, friendly workplace

Fairmont Hotel is a good choice to work in the hotel industry. They offer completely employee's benefits such as shoes and massage for you and accommodation. And you will have a friendly workplace for working and a good employee's restaurant for free meals per day.

Fast paced, interesting place

- a typical day: check work requests, perform work. - what I learned: time management, work-life balance - management: good enough for workers, go above and beyond for guests. - workplace culture: very inclusive, lots of events - the hardest part of the job: not getting fat from all the treats - the most enjoyable part: the treats and appreciation for a job well done.

Good pay but toxic environment

I have friends working at different property and they enjoyed the work. So I applied at a different property when I saw they were hiring. Pay is good but the work environment is very toxic and no one seem to be happy working there (they only stay for money and benefits). The management doesnt have an idea what they are doing and are not helpful. I didnt get any training, and when i brought it up to my supervisor they said I would have to figure it out on my own and they didnt get any training aswell. There turn around is very high. supervisor th

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2