Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 588 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,933 reviews

Fun workplace and very productive

I am so happy that i landed a housekeeping job at The empress. I met a lot people who helped me developed my skills, people who helped me reached my goals, people who work with you side by side, this company composed of the best managers and the best supervisors, combination of effective leaders with kind heart.

Pros

Buffet food, salad bar, free coffee and juices

Cons

Expensive parking

Excellent company to work for!

I worked with Fairmont Hotels in resorts for 8 years in 3 different properties and locations. It was a fun place to work with wonderful people from all over the world. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye. I would still be with the company if it wasn't for relocating to a province without any Fairmont hotels. I had great management and truly the best team! I really enjoyed working with them for the past 8 years.

The Best Company

They have the best benefits and compensation. The salary is higher compare to others. They give you a lot of opportunities for advancement and encourage you to aim for betterment

Bon environement de travail

Comme beaucoup de postes en hotellerie, l'environnement de travail peut être stressant, mais les collègues sont généralement sympathiques et collaborent bien. Les superviseurs sont à l'écoute de leurs employés.

Good for hospitality experience

Working here allowed me to build more attention for minute detail as well as cleanliness and organization. Work expectations were too far fetched: clean 16 rooms, 30 minutes each, when in reality it takes at least an hour. Seems as if management has never worked as an attendant therefore they do not understand the conditions we put up with which in turn leaves it nearly impossible to do 16 rooms in 8 hours.

Such a Fast Paced work Placed and Very demanding Guest as per Rate of expectations.

This work Placed is really a Very Fast Paced and busy property. I learned a Lot in this Place especially, Time management and High standard of Costumer service. I became more religious. I always pray everyday before I come to work.

Perfect to learn hotel working

Good leadership to work with. Every time you can have a response. Fast-paced working place. Take good care about employees. Good training project for new employee.

Pros

Free lunches, staff housing

Cons

need more space for working area.

Office

An airport is an aerodrome with extended facilities, mostly for commercial air transport.[1][2] Airports often have facilities to store and maintain aircraft, and a control tower. An airport consists of a landing area, which comprises an aerially accessible open space including at least one operationally active surface such as a runway for a plane to take off[3] or a helipad,[4] and often includes adjacent utility buildings such as control towers, hangars[5] and terminals. Larger airports may have airport aprons, taxiway bridges, air traffic control centres, passenger facilities such as restaurants and lounges, and emergency services. In some countries, the US in particular, they also typically have one or more fixed-base operators, serving general aviation.

Fun department to work, but early starts and lots of overtime, poor organisation

Spend hours setting up for events, serve at the events, clean up after, prepare for tomorrow's event. Terrible scheduling meaning several hours of overtime. Very repetitive work. Demanding and unorganised management. High turnover of management staff. Gratuities not paid out fully to servers. 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off sometimes due to no events. Sometimes start work at 4am, sometimes finish work at 4am. Impossible to have a routine, always tired. Fun staff, not so fun management. Most people are just in Whistler to have a good time and work at the Fairmont for the cheap staff accommodation.

Great place

Great place to work, amazing team. Would recommend to anyone, lovely first job to have had. Good experience to start out with, and amazing life skills learned

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Best Experience of My Life

Working at the Fairmont was an amazing experience. With only having little experience in the hotel and food and beverage department, the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise welcomed me with open doors and helped me improve in not just my work, but with my confidence and my customer service skills. Although starting in a department where many of the people were new and had some management struggles, we were a family and helped each other learn and grow. Banquet serving I found was a great starting point in the F&B industry. I was able to learn basic roles of a server and junior serving, and with function helping in other departments, I was able to host as well. Even got to learn basic bartending skills from working the winter season on the outdoor ice bar- which was definitely a highlight of my time there. The hardest part of my job was definitely how physical the work was such as moving tables, chairs, etc and the long hours that came with it (12 hours at most) In the end, the team all had a fun time working together and we got things done effectively and efficiently. All in all, working at the Fairmont was a great job and hope to one day return

Pros

Free on shift meals

Cons

Long hours, lots of physical work

Exciting workplace with daily challenges

Encouraged by my immediate managers to work independently allowing myself and my team to tackle tasks and overcome problems at our discretion. Whilst working there I have taken it upon myself to overhaul the inventory locations allowing for more accurate and efficient operation of the storeroom. The workload is variable however myself and my colleagues are able to distribute the workload evenly to ensure outlets receive their products in a timely manner. Many days can be extremely hard having to unload up to 20 pallets between a small team in a small storeroom.

Fun fast paced

Very fast paced environment although the management is very demeaning. I had a horrible manager that was very mean and insulted us when we made mistakes, I was fresh out of college as well and new into the Hotel Industry.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours, bad management

Amazing work culture

This property has the best work culture I have experienced in my career. You work with a diverse group of friendly and inclusive people which allows you to learn and respect all cultures.

fun job

was the best experience i have had only downside is that i did not have enough hours in the end theh personnel and clients are amazing and the ambiance is casual

Pros

exciting and varied job

Cons

can be obnoxious to work in the rain and snow

Rush and professional

- Have to make sure the food is served on time and manage the waiting time of the guests among tables reasonably (avoid complaints). - The serving food has to be cleared as fast as possible for the second meal come. - Have to serve by every single demand of the guests (except something against the company's law). - I can enjoy the job by talking to customers and learn a lots of valuable information from them since my workplace has a lots of big event from successful people (C.E.O, project of development of Winnipeg, the idea of how business should be, etc.)

Pros

Free food

Cons

Exhausted

Challenging work environment

Small property, in recent times close 7 hrs/ day. constant schedule change, so no WLB. Great set of colleagues. Management focus on cost crunch. Fast paced day of work with minimal breaks. In general there is a great culture in the hotel. Lots of opportunity to learn different sections or areas of each department.

In room dining Server

So much growth potential! They really are top of the line employers in hospitality and you will not find better wages, treatment and hospitality quality then here.

Amazing Company

This company has extremely high standards, but gives you a massive sense of fulfillment because of their standards. You feel like your part of the family during everyday life.

Family oriented and friendly staff.

The workplace is like a family. I worked with younger colleagues and oftentimes i become like their mom or older sister. Sometimes work is very unpredictable. Colleagues will come to ask for requests and if i can give what they asked for i feel bad. I worked for over 10 years in same department and been into different managers with different management style. Every organize is not perfect their will always be some flaws. But i know how to work with them, I am a team player and this is what i learned from working into a department that has a small team and a hotel industry. I learned to prioritize the needs of others before mine. Service is more focused and personalized. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to meet a lot of people and have a nice conversation with them. Small community so i felt very close to other colleagues. People are very friendly.

Pros

Free duty meal, 50% on F&B, free uniform laundry and discounted rate in all Fairmont Hotels.

Cons

Sometimes long hours and stressful

Fun workplace, with good wages and benefits.

I loved working at Fairmont. They provide an amazing training, they care a lot about the employees and make sure everyone is happy at work. Also they usually are very flexible with the schedules and I also liked that they do performance reviews every few months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

1K

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Fairmont Hotels & Resorts with

• Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?