Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 588 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,933 reviews

Fun workplace and very productive

I am so happy that i landed a housekeeping job at The empress. I met a lot people who helped me developed my skills, people who helped me reached my goals, people who work with you side by side, this company composed of the best managers and the best supervisors, combination of effective leaders with kind heart.

Pros

Buffet food, salad bar, free coffee and juices

Cons

Expensive parking

They don't care employees

One of the most stressful and amateur work place with lowest Employee engagement score I've ever seen. Real dictatorship management. Stay away. It doesn't worth.

grew my career with fairmont

ten years - four different hotels - two different countries - treated very well, professionally and personally - they brought me to a higher standard, and helped me and my career grow.

Fun work place

I do consider myself a part of a big family. An environment that celebrates each other culture. A workplace that have an open door policy. An appreciative working environment.

Great people!

Great teams and people to work with. Management is far-removed from most situations and any changes take ages to get approved. Immediate supervisors and leaders are helpful and do their best to support the team and offer help and training as needed.

super

j'ai aimé travailer au sein de cette entreprise, les gens y sont sympathique.

Great work place, great benefits, need better recognition

Royal Service is hard because we do a lot of different things for different departments so there is not much recognition for those who go above and beyond for guests.

Environnement très stressant.

Les collègues sont super😇 on s’aidaient énormément, quand les filles avaient pas finis on allait les aider pour que tout le monde puissent partir à l’heure😇 par contre, l’horaire change toujours. Je me suis fais appelé 3 fois dans une journée pour me dire de finalement rentrer et je n’étais pas sur appel. L’entreprise s’attend à ce qu’on vive en s’accommodant constamment à eux. Consciliation travail/famille est extrêmement mauvaise. Manque de tacte et communication de la part des patrons envers les employés. Travail sous pression constamment, environnement stressant.

Pros

Une belle équipe😇, les collègues s’aident toujours/

Cons

Stressant, patrons qui manquent de côté ‘’ humain ‘’

Excellent Place to Work

Right in the heart of downtown Toronto, a great place to work and meet people from all over the world. Great work atmosphere and excellent colleagues.

Couldn’t Ask For Job

The culture here is truly one of a kind. I’ve worked with many different hotels and this one stands out. Not only do they focus on the success of the property itself, they are also concerned with the well-being of all its employees

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

People join companies, but they leave managers

Executive managers set a great culture. Although it is lost within many departments. Employee interaction and happiness on the job is a great part of the job

Birn

Pas mal, j ai appris énormément .ce faire des amis.

Fairmont

Travailler pour la chaîne Fairmont est exigeant puisqu'elle a plusieurs standards de haute qualité afin de garder sa réputation de chaîne hôtelière prestigieuse. Toutefois, les leaders qui sont présent sont excellents et les situations d'apprentissages sont nombreux.

Not a fun place to work with

Nice property, work culture needs to be improved. management should lead as an example - respect, recognition, appreciation, transparency, collaboration.

They recognize you

It was my first job experience in Canada I was part of the SWEP Program The Student Work Experience I learned a lot of things about this comapny, and also very important that when you are a good employe they recognize it for you, during that time I have been nominated for being over and beyond of helping a guest, it was very thoughtful that the Humen Resources found out about it, made me feel very recognized. Also, Lake Louise is a very beautiful spot in Alberta, A lot of tourists come from all over the World which will make the work environment very excited and not boring especially for people who love diversity Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is one of the best

The best company I have ever worked for

At Fairmont you will get a chance to grow your career, save money and have a fantastic time with colleagues and staff. Management are so great, they care about you and you have free hands to come up with ideas and suggestions on how to make thing better.

Excellent Place to work at

Management wise is one of the best places I've worked at. They are so attentive to detail and focused on achieving excellence at all times. It was one of my best summers ever.

Too good to be true

I was hired on as a second cook in one of the busier outlets. Lake Louise is stunning, housing is subsidized, and the only thing you have to worry about is internet. That being said, if you're expecting to be treated fairly, both as a employee and a human being, you'll be deeply disappointed. If you were expecting to enjoy Lake Louise and all that it had to offer, don't. More often than not you'd be working over 12 hours a day, and I was lucky if I got a 15 minute break. I think I might've been fine with that if cooks were allowed to have 2 days off, but because we were short staffed, everyone worked 6 days a week, and had long stretches of upwards to 13 days between days off. I got through my day with energy drinks. So you're working long hours, at least the workplace culture is good right? Not the case. Everyone was super tense on the line, everything you did was never good enough. Management was a joke, my second interaction ever with the sous chef was him yelling at me. Don't ask any of the higher ups how to make anything, you'll be learning from your co-workers. Another thing to note, if you don't have a car, but you're still willing to put up with everything, you'll feel isolated and alone because the closest town is 40 minutes away. There are buses to Banff and to the Lake Louise Village, but because of the long hours all you'll want to do is sleep and recover on your one day off. Working at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will give you a lot of benefits, a great view, and some great stories. But if you want to be treated with like a person, I strongly -

It’s a great place to work

The company has a great career plan and an amazing culture. As any other job you will face some difficult leaders and some competitive colleagues but it’s a good place to construct a career in the hospitality area.

Excelente

El mejor lugar para trabajar, excelente ambiente laboral y personal

Nice place to work

Everybody is helpful during my training days. Schedules are good and flexible. Professional work ethics from managers to colleagues. Under the worker’s union. Good pay for the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2