Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Everyday is an adventure in luxury hospitality
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA11 November 2013
Working with with great people all converging everyday for a common goal; to make the customer happy and satisfied. I learned how to better hone my selling skills and be apart of a team that works hard to make a luxury brand successful and competitive in an ever growing city.The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything comes together and the client is satisfied, the hardest part of the job is when you have to say no to someone which in the hospitality field is the absolute last resort.

Other Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Outstanding Company
Banquet Setup Manager (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB5 April 2018
Fairmont is the company I've worked for, the longest in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the company. I'd like to stay with them if possible, if a job that interests me comes up during my search, I'll certainly apply.
Pros
Free lunches, Salary, Benefits, Company Culture
Colleagues are like family, management are the out of town family you never want around
In Room Dining Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB31 March 2018
The people you work with are your family, day in and day out, have to rely on them 100%
Management (upper, lower, food and non-food) isn't great here, not reliable or trustworthy
Not enough staffing or product to make it through a busy weekend, without stealing from the other departments, and your managers will encourage it instead of asking upper levels to come up with a full time solution
You learn to rely on yourself, and those who prove themselves, and not the ones who don't call in sick and never get penalized for it
Long time staff keep leaving, no one really wants to work here, but it's cheap rent and easy money - if that's what you want
Pros
Cheap Rent, Easy Money
Cons
Bad Management, Low Quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3