Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Found 189 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,930 reviews

Very productive and very great place to work

I love working in a Fairmont hotel I really want to go back there I love my supervisors I learned so many things there it was really a pleasure working with the team love you Fairmont

Pros

Yes i always have free lunch and breakfast

Cons

I was working full-time

Happy Place to work peaceful

This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.

Pros

Free lunch and Dinner even snack.

Cons

Just 8 hours

I really enjoy working for the Fairmont, I keep coming back to it (I've worked at three Fairmont Properties in Canada in my career) and I can honestly say, they are the leaders of Hospitality. The managers trust your instincts and support you when guest are being harsh/ unfair. They give you the empowerment to solve guest issues without them escalating to managers (so they really want you to be confident to resolve guest issues which can be hard at times but managers are always around to help you out.)Everyone supports each other and each department really do try and help when they can. My only complaint about the company is guest can be the worst, some can be very demanding and some interactions can be hard on your mental health. They don’t happen very often but since the pandemic Guests have expected a bit too much that the industry and not always predict or fix (Example, if the government put in a restriction for no sit down service that will completely hurt the hotel and you will hear about it/ try and figure out a way to assist these guest when the restrictions happen and become in affect a few hours later) but then you get one guest that can turn everything around for being so sweet and kind and really understanding ( and you can if available upgrade their rooms or send amenities) Over all I’ve made life long friendships from this company and have learned SO much about Hospitality, If you are empathetic and love working with people this is the company you would want to work for.

Pros

Benefits are insanely good, managers are great, Learning incentives, they trust you to do right by the guest

Good company, good wages but stressful work.

The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much pressure

great and talent team/culture

overall not a bad company. extended benefit is pretty basic with pension plan. The company promotes collaborating culture with good training system. Unfortunately the management team is not always leaders of the example. Some top management team member have no hospitality background and don't understand the company's policy.Dealing with demanding customers plus rotating shifts can make work more stressful. not a work/life balance type of job unless you are at the top of seniority.

Pros

free lunch and extended benefit

Cons

Colleagues will throw you under bus

My experience was very cutthroat with this company. I felt like I was killing myself only to get thrown under the bus by my boss on multiple occasions. The company protects people in high management positions and doesn’t care about anyone else. THE MOST TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.

Pros

Health benefits and free meals

Cons

No recognition for hard work, toxic work environment, HR ignores complaints, overloaded with work, etc.

Great location for a quick change of scenery but thats about it

I worked for the Fairmont for nearly 2 years and I was so excited to get started here. I wanted to move up with the brand and start my career here and learn more as a barista. Unfortunately for me, their standards of hot drinks they serve to guests are baseline Tim Hortons when I was expecting 5 star baristas. After about 6 months there and having helped train my managers that came into my department I quickly realized there was no opportunity for advancement in my position at all. When I brought this up with the executives, I was told I could switch positions in the hotel but that I couldn't move upward. That was fine and I accepted the position as something that gave me time to explore the mountains and more importantly use those amazing Fairmont benefits, but once the world shut down this company's problems really became clear. I was brought back to help reopen the hotel and it was a disaster. We were understaffed from the moment we opened to the day I left. The managers refused to hire qualified staff and short cut our departments so the other ones would have more staff even though our sales and guest count was through the roof. We had no management most days, and there was no one present to manage the number of people coming into the café and ensure that they were wearing their masks. I was honestly scared to go to work most days, wondering if guests yelling at me about the rules were going to give me the virus. I was ridiculed for bringing up concerns with management about these issues. Even when we had an outbreak at one of our restaurants because of a guest who had -

Worst management I have ever worked for.

I have worked for over 10 years in hospitality/customer service industry. The management was hands down the worst. They cared more about their overall appearance then helping out the staff in the bar/restaurant. Management would walk over to the bar from the kitchen to yell at the bartenders and serving staff to go run food from where they just came from. They wouldnt help clear tables, serve or run food which is by definition the job of management to assist the floor staff. Management would yell at the bar team during the busy rushes to move faster causing more chaos for the staff. My anxiety and stress levels were so high working at the Fairmont I had to get put on anti-anxiety medication by my doctor. I started to have such bad stomach issues that the doctors could only discribe as IBS as they could not diagnose the cause. Which turned out to be again due to the stress levels of working at the Fairmont. The ONLY reason I stuck out as long as I could (2 years) was due to the Benefits and discounts staff would receive staying at any other Fairmont location.

Pros

Staff discounts at other fairmonts, above minimum wage pay.

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, horrible management, high stress levels

undefeatable benefits packages

The housekeeping department is the biggest department in the hotel, however the department head is not as good as expected. Work load was never manageable (before covid) , its even worse after covid cos the standard is ridiculously high (we know we need to be extra careful to implement covid protocols, but it's already beyond our capability and the leaders were asking for more), and keep putting lots of pressure on everyone. Work and life is never balanced. Work always comes first, they told you they care about work life balance which is actually not true. When it's busy, you ask for help, no one comes. When it's not busy, they ask you to do extra work or they would just cancel your shifts. When it's a hectic departure day, they require everyone to work as a team to get through, even though it was your day off, they changed your schedule less than a day (the schedule was posted for a week already) and forced you to come to work (and you can't say no because they need you to work) and gave you another day off. However, when you need help, the leader would tell you that's your job, and you have to complete the assignments by yourself unless someone finishes early, they could possibly send help however its not happening. It will be too stressful for newbies and that's why we have really high turnover rate. If you are looking for advancement in this department, I would recommend you to transfer to other departments cos it's all about popularity and favoritism. Its not about what you are capable of doing, how well you are good at the job, it's about how you act and what you say -

Pros

free lunch, cheap housing, great extended benefits

Cons

department mismanagement, disqualified leaders

Incredible pay

The compensation was incredible, but the isolation at this particular location explained why. The frequency of pay raises is unbelievable. Felt like a boot-camp to save money. Lots of young employees, big party scene.

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Job de reve

Cette emploi et l'une des plus belles expériences de vie que j'ai la chance de vivre. Un endroit si, professionnel, courtois, à l'écoute, à notre disposition, cet endroit est pour moi un souffle sur un dur jeune début de carrière. Je suis fière de travailler pour le reine et je me sens privilégiée de faire partie de leurs équipes. je n'échangerais mon emploi pour rien au monde !

Pros

Salaire/ ambiance/ avantages/ horaire

Cons

Voyagement

Super ambiance et beaucoup d'avantages sociaux

Super ambiance de travail, très belle gang ! lieux de travail époustouflant

Prestige Company to work for

Working at Fairmont give me pride. the company also offer great benefits and very good pay. The environment is overall friendly and supportive. Absolutely a great company to work for

Pros

Good food

Cons

Demanding

Fairmont is like a family to me I love all my colleague and all managers are so nice and approachable.

Fairmont is like a family to me I love all my colleague and all managers. And the benefits are very good. All I can say is working in Fairmont Royal York is a remarkable.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Always do overtime

Beautiful place to work, amazing staff and management.

Great work life balance and amazing people to work with in the Guest services department. They understand and encourage activities outside of work and try and let you have the best work life balance along with other amazing perks from the hotel. My favourite employer hands down.

Pros

Fun staff including team members and management, great work life balance, unreal starting salary, lots of growth potential, beautiful place to work, free staff cafeteria

Cons

Can get a bit stressful but you have support from your team- can sometimes be boring but again, you work with an amazing crew

Wouldn’t recommend to an enemy

Idiot managers and supervisors, inconsistent hours and schedules, little to no work life balance, terrible wages. Spend all day dealing with entitled self centred customers, a nightmare from start to finish

Pros

Health Benefits

Cons

Literally everything else

Great benefits

Overall work can be stressful at times (when its very busy) but management is helpful and supportive. Culture of inclusivity, diversity, and support. Pay could be better but is very competitive of the area (town is very expensive to live in).

Pros

Staff Activities, Mental Health Liaison, Free Lunches

Fast paced

Dedicated leaders who train you very well. Face paced but they never let you fall behind. The work culture was friendly and accommodating. I really learned to stretch myself to the full extent of my capabilities.

Pros

Uniform, meals and other benefits

Cons

Very fast paced

Unionized environment at some properties

I worked at the Empress, very high hourly wages and great benefits. Tenured team that was at times resistant to change and development. Loved the staff cafeteria!

Really Good Company

Fairmont it is a really good place to work, everyone is really friendly and cares about each other. We have a lot of benefits and events to please the employees.

Fun team

It was a great time at Fairmont. Loved the benefits of cheap hotels wherever I go, and they were great employees. Very accomodating as a student and offered full-time employment during summers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2