Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Steward

I love working in this company! This is the company i want to retire. . The workingEnvironment is awesome! You will feel valued and repected. I love the people working here.
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
You put up with a lot from management, chefs, banquets & even staff. Don't get payed well, staff accom keeps going up but pay doesn't. They don't mange money well at all & a lot of important things fall to the side line (black mold in staff accom)
Pros
Experience, location
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, pay not worth the stress
i came to work/live in banff as an 18 year old. my experience with this job was extremely negative. the hours are all over the place and inconsistent, mostly 3 am finishes. work life flexibility is a no go here, your life is the roster. Hard work is hard get recognized for. Extremely intollerent of accidents and minor performance issues, (personally) was fired on my 3 months for a minor tardiness issue. if you would like to be submissive, have your head down and just have a pure work life in an amazing destination then stewarding is for you. Not for people who want to see banff.
Pros
free food, get lucky with meeting cool people, accom
Cons
non-flexible, inconsistent hours, poor training, intolerant, not for young travellers!!!!
Hello, I have decided to take a job working in a kitchen. I thought it would be a good place working at the Fairmont Lake Louise. It is a good place, beautiful and wild nature. Beautiful hotel. But I would search more and think a few times before going there. Please, I am writing this review for you as it could be damaging coming here. The environment at the kitchen is unsafe, no sanitary, that can be very bad for your health. Because of the season and a lot of tourists at the hotel and its full. That's why the workers are not able to keep the kitchen clean, everything is desolving and spreading the toxins into your system. The machine is not cleaning properly and you have to do a job twice or even more before the grease will be removed. It has a bad smell and still has a lot of fat on it. The management is terrible, they do not listen and they shout and making it as your fault. The floors are full of water and they are also covered in fat which makes it easy to slip and get an injure. At the place where you have to live with your coworkers always will be a party. They do drags and alcohol. No one cares. There is no peace. No privacy. Girls were bringing the guys into a room for a night.
Pros
new people, experience
Cons
unsafe
Amazing people and culture. You feel part of a team. All management is very nice and understanding. Training for the job and the attitude the employees need to hold is intensive and perfect to make us feel part of the company
Fast paced environment and the hotel is extremely busy in the summer months. The hotel is in a beautiful location in Canada and I would recommend people to go!
It is a very good place to work, salary and benefits are great. it is a multi culture work place, very friendly environment. In the heart of downtown and the underground world
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Overall, very good. You will likely be in a spectacular location and should take advantage of that if you can. If you are somebody who can adopt a company ethos and perform consistently then you will do very well. Good employers to me. Though I can can only comment on one branch.
Pros
Travel opportunity, Great brand
Cons
Shift work, seasonal/feast or famine
Good place to start, excellent salary wages and benefits , if you are a student its work perfectly for you, with salary you can study and pay your bills easily.
Pros
Salary, benefits, overtime hours
Cons
No weekends, not time for family or friends
Multiple times was ignored when needed assistance. They contradict themselves and don't want to allow a transfer. They don't do their job and throw the problems at you. Worked overtimes and never was appreciated or paid. When you go against their wishes, they threaten to fire.
Amazing place,amazing people, people that you can tell they're true and always helping each other without saying anything, friends like your family always there for you. Lovely place,lovely people
Typical day: Regular routine consists of collecting dirty dishes & culinary equipment to wash and distribute. If time is managed well, everything can go smoothly. Learned to manage time more effectively and prepare in advance for efficiency. Management usually interactive and nice. Workplace culture: Some discrimination between positions/duties. Hardest part: dealing with other staff member' negative emotions. Most enjoyable part: Good department (stewarding) encouraging teamwork and positive vibes.
Pros
Free food for staff
Cons
Not enough hours.
CLL has a culture all its own. If you're ready to work hard, enjoy life and advance your career, you've found the right place! Like any large corporation, it has it's drawbacks, but if you have a passion for excellence you'll sucseed.
Pros
Living in Lake Louise, the amazing staff!!
Cons
The hard work if you're lazy
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
Pros
I ate for free
Cons
Ideal para latinos y hablantes del español que buscan laborar en el sector turístico canadiense. Capacitación constante, beneficios, excelentes salarios, altos estándares de calidad.
Pros
Beneficios, salarios.
Cons
Necesita permiso de trabajo.
A great place to learn how to work in the food and beverage industry. Seasonal staff lots of turn around which gave me great experience in building a team from scratch once every six months.
• Maintained company policies and supervised 25 stewards and 16 servers in 4 kitchens/restaurants to ensure the highest level of customer service for celebrities and tourists. Also met with management on a weekly basis to present all successes and concerns. • Assessed all events in great detail and complied with company procedures to make sure all clients were served and highest level of standards was met at all times. • Performed daily or nightly auditing and ensured all employees schedules and reports were complete and always to the management’s expectation as well as discussed employee concerns. • Registered or cancelled client reservations and informed clients of all amenities and the many tourist attractions in the area. Also inspected every employees work to ensure accuracy to company standards and/or special needs as well as V.I.P. requests.
great location for summer time students or those seeking to enhance there resume. fast advancement opportunities available
Pros
wild life, outdoors, multinational
Cons
closed living conditions, closed minded upper management, clicky manangment
At work I enjoyed most is dealing with my colleagues, my typical day at work is engaging service with my colleagues. Accomplishing my daily task and routine with exceed expectations. I learned a lot of leadership techniques in which I applied on my daily shift. I learned that every person is different and treated the same. I learned the value of a TEAM and the importance of working as a team.The hardest part of my job is challenge but I am taking this in a positive way, every challenged that I made makes me a stronger and experienced person.
Pros
people empowerment, engaging service, values, good working environment
Cons
no friendly environment, no values
great people to work with.i learned alot of things from my manager