Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

An amazing work place with a good bunch of people around. It is a good place to have fun along with your work, specially for the people who likes hiking, skiing etc. I believe its a dream place for many to being there.
ten years - four different hotels - two different countries - treated very well, professionally and personally - they brought me to a higher standard, and helped me and my career grow.
I worked as a Sous Chef for one year then quickly left. Upper management is useless at best and vindictive at worst. Mediocre ability hidden behind politics and scape goating. Duriing my term there I witnessed 9 chefs leave, mostly due to disappoint with the quality of work/life and the hotel.
Pros
Beautiful Park
Cons
Everything else.
The hotel itself is nestled in a beautiful surrounding, and while very costly staying there is definitely worth it for at least one day. The quality of food is very good however the expectations of the executive team are unrealistic and do not allow for setting one up for success. ITs a great place to work and i believe that you take what you get from it (meaning you learn what you can) but even at that the biggest problem this place has is the lack of accountability and how everything just gets blamed on people who cant actually defend themselves, resulting almost in a high school bully situation. I think the salary and benefits are competitive until you factor in the amount of time you are putting in of your life to working and come to realize that even prep cooks make more than you...
Great place to work if you like to work long hours and would like to work to gain advancement within the company. Chateau Lake Louise is a unique property that will help you learn lots about yourself as a person and as a hospitality professional.
Always working towards creating a a great work environment and exceeding guest expectations. A company with a great vision for the future. Great opportunities to transfer within the company.
lots of fun, great people. Its a lifestyle living in the mountains
one of the finest companies I have worked for - especially at their level - fully recommend
Pros
benefits and job appreciation
Cons
easy to lost in the shuffle