Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 76 out of 100

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.
Pros
Free lunch and Dinner even snack.
Cons
Just 8 hours
Work is full time/ mandatory overtime during summer then no work during rest of year. Great job for students looking for seasonal work but benefits only available to permanent employees. Best wages in the city.
Pros
wage/salary
Cons
only seasonal
Get to work. Have a meeting. clean rooms all day. Management was alright. Hardest part of the job was that your sometimes rushed
Pros
free lunches, good wage
It is one of the best property to work with... we can do several; activities apart from work and fairmont organise small small activities and trips. and help you with performance
Pros
awesome
Cons
no cons
Great place to work and proud of being part of them. Sometimes miscommunications between managers and attendants, but it can be fixed.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
I learn so much with Fairmont.This is really good place to work.I enjoyed free room on Christmas party .Managment has open door policy.Co-worker are friendly and willing to help when you needed .My most enjoyable trip was Zap trap with my friends (co-workers).
Pros
free lunch and coffee tea
Cons
high standers
A great experience over all in the rockies, great management and a great atmosphere. Best place to gain experience and grow.
Fairmont Royal York hotel is a very friendly environment. They call by their names respect its other most of the people know each other. Its a very well known Hotel around the world. It is very Luxury Hotel. When it comes to career foundation they are the best.
Pros
they have free food, veggies and desert
Cons
they follow the standard for works
Loved Loved loved working here. Awesome beautiful place with amazing people.
Working with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts was an exceptional experience of a lifetime. The Brand name says it all. Work culture and colleague appreciation based on performance cannot be neglected. While working in Housekeeping department, I focused to learn each and every minor detail which I could utilize as a learning experience so as to balance Front Office with housekeeping department flawlessly. After my graduation, now I feel fully prepared to start my career in Front Office with my skills and experience.
My first day at the Queeny, When i first walked into the employee section of the Queeny i was shocked because people kept smiling and saying hi! I felt bad because i kept saying to myself... i never met these people why are they so nice to me for? Turns out its a "thing" that we all (roughly 800 employee) do at the Queeny we all greet each other and say hi even if we don't know them personally! It makes the workplace soo much more agreeable and it makes us feel like we are part of one big multicultural family! Even the big boss sits down and eats with us at the employee cafeteria! He walks around the hotel floors sometimes and talks to employees! I just love how the Hotel president is so accessible to everyone and doesn't make us feel lower then his position without loosing his professionalism. I loved my experience at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel so far! it was hard work but the team made it so much more agreeable!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
hard physical work
At Fairmont Hotel Vancouver everyone are friendly, it was never hard for me to adjust during my few months. I can see the feeling of importance given by the company to each and everyone. Though everyday at the hotel seems busy, everyone still try to help each other and that's where I see a good teamwork. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. Our schedule depends on the forecast. We are unionized, so seniority applies. So during off season, I seldom get an hours which is really hard on my part because I need to find a partime job for my living.
Very good company to work for. Great benefits and pay.Deal with guests over the phone and in person. Have to have your serve it right, and the food safe course does help. Will have to learn serveral menus and have (or will learn) wine knowledge. In my department we have a very close friendship and get a long very well. This job has a lot of running around and standing. Summer is coming up, you will work full time hours.
This job was a great experience for me over the summer. I made lots of friends, had lots of fun, had good adventures, and got to explore a new part of Canada. My typical day at work would consist of me:-Arriving at Work-Start folding laundry-Break-Run errands for department manager-Free Lunch-Proceed with the rest of the day by folding laundry, running machines, cleaning-Break-Go back to work-Go home at 5:00
Pros
good hours, free lunches, decent pay
Cons
bad working environment
The job is not easy but you don't feel pressure because of the kind support provides by the management/co-workers. In this kind of job I also learn to become a Team player. I must also reciprocate the good things that I get altho I know nobody expects in return.This company treats me as a family and humanely.
Pros
very cheap meals
Cons
always on call/ the hotel isn't always that busy which i get less workload.