Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.
Pros
Free lunch and Dinner even snack.
Cons
Just 8 hours
The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much pressure
The housekeeping department is the biggest department in the hotel, however the department head is not as good as expected. Work load was never manageable (before covid) , its even worse after covid cos the standard is ridiculously high (we know we need to be extra careful to implement covid protocols, but it's already beyond our capability and the leaders were asking for more), and keep putting lots of pressure on everyone. Work and life is never balanced. Work always comes first, they told you they care about work life balance which is actually not true. When it's busy, you ask for help, no one comes. When it's not busy, they ask you to do extra work or they would just cancel your shifts. When it's a hectic departure day, they require everyone to work as a team to get through, even though it was your day off, they changed your schedule less than a day (the schedule was posted for a week already) and forced you to come to work (and you can't say no because they need you to work) and gave you another day off. However, when you need help, the leader would tell you that's your job, and you have to complete the assignments by yourself unless someone finishes early, they could possibly send help however its not happening. It will be too stressful for newbies and that's why we have really high turnover rate. If you are looking for advancement in this department, I would recommend you to transfer to other departments cos it's all about popularity and favoritism. Its not about what you are capable of doing, how well you are good at the job, it's about how you act and what you say - more...
Pros
free lunch, cheap housing, great extended benefits
Cons
department mismanagement, disqualified leaders
Was the best place to work then covid hit. I'd still be there with those amazing people . Work was so much fun and made me want to work , I loved getting up and going to that beautiful building
Totally waste of your life. The management don't care about anything, except for themselves. They're completely the opposite from what they say. Run away while you can!
Fairmont is like a family to me I love all my colleague and all managers. And the benefits are very good. All I can say is working in Fairmont Royal York is a remarkable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Always do overtime
Overall, a great place to work. Benefits and pay are fantastic. Lots of culture in the workplace. Upward movement is difficult. I learned lots of teamwork and timing skills throughout my time with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
Learned good communication with guests and leaned new things everyday. Meeting new people on a day to day basis helped me learn kindness and patience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be too physical
I do consider myself a part of a big family. An environment that celebrates each other culture. A workplace that have an open door policy. An appreciative working environment.
Working here allowed me to build more attention for minute detail as well as cleanliness and organization. Work expectations were too far fetched: clean 16 rooms, 30 minutes each, when in reality it takes at least an hour. Seems as if management has never worked as an attendant therefore they do not understand the conditions we put up with which in turn leaves it nearly impossible to do 16 rooms in 8 hours.
know the job with attention to detail, have good rapport with the guests, then floor manager will never bother you. Always be honest and trustworthy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
There are ups and downs like life but overall very good company to work for.
At Fairmont, every coworker was willing to help each other. Working at housekeeping department, the working environment was fast-paced. It was nice to see the guests letters with appreciation and compliments about rooms that I'd cleaned.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes it could be hard to adjust my personal schedule with on-call situation
Good company, poorly managed department. Training does not prepare staff for the reality of the position. Little teamwork between management and room attendants Very long hours and few days off. lots of overtime (but no choice whether to leave at the end of your shift or not) No time allowed to actually interact with guests, tight deadlines with very little appreciation and respect from supervisors and managers.
Pros
free hot lunches, staff accommodation
Cons
long hours, poor management, little respect, poorly equipped to complete tasks on time, lack of teamwork, managers sit in office all day
Employees are treated fairly. Good meals are provided. The work is strenuous but rewarded. There are some months of the year where it is very slow, there are no hours available to work to employees that are low on the list. The job pays very well.
The culture, benefits, salary and perks are definitely worth it. Free meals, access to lots of amenities and truly great benefits. As a room attendant the work was labour heavy and too meticulous for me. I found the management to be unsupportive, manipulative and lacked leadership qualities. I would have stayed longer and put up with the actual work if I felt better supported by management.
It gets very busy during beak season. The learning opportunities is a lot as moving through departments is very easy and promoted. The pay is really great. The cool thing about Fairmont is that they give you the rights to go out of your way to delight a guests . SO much resources they provide you with. within limits of course. Work hours are very hectic, however that is normal in this industry.
- enjoyed the management and made workers constantly feel like they were working in a team - most of the day i was alone when cleaning rooms and i did not enjoy a full 8 hours alone in different rooms
Pros
felt like i could really depend on my team when i needed help
Cons
a lot of strenuous physical demands
Was a good job to work. I have been in Canada for 1 year and worked all the time over there. I like soo much the time that I was there. I wanna work with the same job.
Pros
free condution
Cons
A typical day at work would consist of an opening meeting with management and all staff, to discuss any important daily news and special guest information. Then staff would get their day organized by setting up the cleaning cart full of all amenities required, and head up to the working floor for the day. During my time with The Fairmont Chateau Whistler I have learned the value of time management as well setting a high standard of cleanliness to satisfy guest needs. I have also learned that I take great value in Management that respects and honors their staff. The workplace culture in the housekeeping department was on the lower side as most staff felt they were not able to voice their opinion as well were being pressured in areas of development. The hardest part of working in the housekeeping department was the stress induced on the body during the day. I found that the equipment required to succeed in our job was very heavy and at times not working properly, putting large amounts of stress on the body. The requirements to get as many rooms cleaned as quickly as possible also would put a lot of stress on health as there was a pressure to get the job done as quickly as possible. Although there were hard parts to the job I found the most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people that I was ale to meet from around the world. I was able to meet guests and other employees that would share stories from their homes and adventures, and this made the daily work day great.
Pros
free daily meal
Cons
long daily working hours
Intensive work & major multitasking, but balanced with being very rewarding. Long hours and more than full time work but you keep busy enough that the day flies by fast.
love working there, nice colleges, nice environment, plus good pay, i like working there in summer time, it is so beautiful there. but it will be super busy in summer time