Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for President

Great training and staff Management, especially upper levels, is very welcoming. The company was fine, but there is much work to be done on both the property and employee discipline. Managers and Directors are very hesitatant to take a shot across the bow as they pine for promotions, and that falls on the colleagues sometime.
Working at the Fairmont Royal York taught me so much. It heightened my time management skills, taught me the importance of staying organized, showed me that through empathy and communication almost every conflict can be resolved and the importance of taking ownership and pride in my work. There was no "typical" day at the Royal York, because their was no "typical" guest. I have learned to treat everyone as an individual and that if you can anticipate others needs before they even knew themselves, then they could feel valued and at home. I think the people that I worked with, the team (or family), was what made the most challenging parts of my job enjoyable. If ever unsure, we were comfortable and confident to help each other. The most challenging part at the Royal York was meeting everyone's needs quickly but still not rushing so you could maintain the warmth and sincerity in each interaction. The best part of my job was putting a smile on someone's face by recognizing something special to them and being able to take that thing and turn it into a memory at the hotel that would forever stay with them.
Pros
Great health / dental benefits and RRSP contributions.
Cons
Shift work, long hours