Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Maintenance Person

I started to work for Fairmont (CP Hotels) in 2000, had lots of good years and learned a lot. Chateau whistler is a great workplace with positive feedback and good teamplayers. Unfortunately not the same working for Fairmont Tremblant!! Zero support from the HR team and the management is just a big joke. After over 18 years of service i got fired for missing a doctor apointment while on medical leave. If thinking of working for Fairmont do yourself a favor and stay away from Tremblant! Best of luck :)
Pros
Full time work with benefits
Cons
Bad manegement, HR staff is a Joke. Fired tafter 18 years of services
Within the hotel we are all family. We see each other every day and understand the importance of working together towards a common goal: to create the Fairmont experience for all of our guests.
As a former employee of the fairmont Palliser hotel, I can tell you not to waste your time applying for this company. All the departments are terrible. In my department, my manager never conducted evaluations of staff performance... and said daily that our performance was excellent. When I went to transfer to another property my manager insisted he would give me a positive reference... then (after transferring; and behind my back) told my new (potential) employers I was terrible (against the law). It is a unionized environment. There is A LOT of unethical work practices going on here. There is also unsafe work being performed. No safety meetings. EVER. Terrible managers, No training. Dead end job at its finest. The company lies to your face. They allow workers who have been there for 30 plus years to use foul language and disrespect you.. only because such employees are so deep in their union seniority that it is impossible to terminate that employee. they use foreign workers to complete work in the palliser and manipulate workers by threatening to send them back to their home countries if they do not co operate completely. What about workers out east IN CANADA who are desperate for work? I'm glad I quit. It is was a waste of time working there. I'm sure you'll have the same experience. Dishonest managers. Unethical company. No advancement. Authority figures stealing your personal possessions without being disciplined. awful experience.
Pros
Cheap accomodation
Cons
everything
Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts