Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Line Cook

I was in the kitchen for 5 years. As demanding as it was, the rewards and benefits were great. Colleagues were amazing. High energy pace where everyone works together to ensure high quality results.
Pros
Great Pension, Benefits and Travel perks
Cons
Like any job, some days are better than others.
Small property, in recent times close 7 hrs/ day. constant schedule change, so no WLB. Great set of colleagues. Management focus on cost crunch. Fast paced day of work with minimal breaks. In general there is a great culture in the hotel. Lots of opportunity to learn different sections or areas of each department.
It is a good place to work in terms of salary. Otherwise the work environment isnt a healthy one to work in. The team member knows their job but are not willing to earn anything new nor do they want to advance in their careers. The most enjoyable part of working in the company is working with a few team members who have positive vibes and see life in a different angel. They know when is the time to have fun and when is the time to focus in their work.
Working in Hamilton Princess is fun. I enjoyed working with colleagues whose ethnicity is diverse. I am a freak of learning ethnic cuisines. So, I get perfect opportunities to learn new ethnic dishes such as Chinese, African and Caribbean. At the same time, I also share my knowledge in my ethnic cuisine, Indian. After my work, I can participate in the hotel provided recreational activities such as swimming, power walking and playing outdoor games. I always go to the hotel beach to swim. There, I can use beach toys, towels, and amenities fee of cost. I also get time to pursue my own hobbies such as karate, reading my favorite novels and writing short stories. While working, I come under a lot mental and physical stress. When I join the one of activities, I feel relaxed and ready to take more challenging work and stress. Even though I enjoy working in Hamilton Princess, I feel that I need to move on to learn new cuisines and better job opportunities that has more sustainable characters.
Pros
accommodation is provided at a reasonable price
Cons
some management staff not good
Excelling in customer service, always working to improve. Great management. Opportunitys for growth if you willing to work for it. Always striving to produce the best culinary experience.
I would highly recommend anybody to work for Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. Its a super company and the work/life balance was great.
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals. Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Pros
Superior Benefits package
Cons
Remote Locations
Had to work long hours everyday. The volume of buisness is very huge.A very busy hotel year around.
Friendly People and environment. Learned a lot in different cultures. Best Benefits. Enjoy working with Colleagues.
A typical day at work :- A day starts with a lots of banquets need to go through all BEO'S in the morning, ordering the food store for day production's . What I learned :- Who to go through all the BEO's In particular in Argyles . Management :- Is all about origination of work "plan your work , work for plan " Your Co-workers :- This is very important in busy day to take care of them and double check's with the functions in timely manner & had there break time on the duty hours . The hardest part of the job :- Getting complain's about late setup for functions .. The most enjoyable part of the job :- This is all about everyday shearing idea's and knowledge .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Moving forward in the industry .