Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Kitchen Helper

I enjoyed working with this company, they worked with me when i needed help as well as I helped them. We worked well as a team. And for the last 2 yrs working there I meet some great people. The food was good. I would go to the restaurant there and eat somethings.
They will hype up the place a lot. Act all happy when you are first hired. It is all a lie, this place is far from happy and functional. Barely any proper training was given. Spent the majority of it sleeping, eating, and playing on my phone in the chattery (lunch area, stay away from the seafood). When it came down to the busy season I had no knowledge of most things required which is obviously not good. They will make you work illegal hours. Working until 12am and back at 6am. They will expect this back to back. Absolutely insane!! People with seniority over you will throw those shifts at you so they can sit in the TV room all day. The management was absolutely horrible. My manager went on Vacation during the busiest time of the season, both of mine did actually. I didnt have a clue who was in charge for the first 2 weeks of them gone. Was a surreal experience, and made me lose faith in most of the current managers running the hotel.
Pros
Co wokers
Cons
Management, hours, not respecting labour laws