Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Fairmont Hotel is a good choice to work in the hotel industry. They offer completely employee's benefits such as shoes and massage for you and accommodation. And you will have a friendly workplace for working and a good employee's restaurant for free meals per day.
If you like abuse here it is. Don’t recommend to anyone to work here and people are so stressed working here they are always in a bad mood, unfriendly attitude. Management are mean and abusive they think they are “the kings” attitude. Not for human work environment, they think Whistler is full of themselves.
its really a good company, competetive salary,lots of benefits and good management,they take good care of their employees,everyone in this company is helping each other
Everybody is helpful during my training days. Schedules are good and flexible. Professional work ethics from managers to colleagues. Under the worker’s union. Good pay for the work.
I worked with Fairmont Hotels in resorts for 8 years in 3 different properties and locations. It was a fun place to work with wonderful people from all over the world. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye. I would still be with the company if it wasn't for relocating to a province without any Fairmont hotels. I had great management and truly the best team! I really enjoyed working with them for the past 8 years.
Good leadership to work with. Every time you can have a response. Fast-paced working place. Take good care about employees. Good training project for new employee.
Pros
Free lunches, staff housing
Cons
need more space for working area.
The chateau was an amazing place to work, although, I wouldn't recommend it for people who have never lived away from home. The staff are very close, it's like a family. We all live in staff accommodation and it's absolutely wild where the guests can't see. The company offers a wonderful opportunity for growth if you can survive a year.
Pros
Amazing location
Cons
Party Central
Always being pressured into being faster and better. Very high standards of cleanliness. Hardest part of the job was the constant negative feedback, makes you feel worthless and like you want to stop trying. Some supervisors are tougher than others and only seem to focus on the negative. Occasionally the hotel was missing supplies that make it essential for you to do your job such as a working vacuum or having no king sheets in the whole hotel. Heavily discounted staff meals were provided and also very good quality. Also a ski pass discount is offered
Pros
Staff meals, ski pass discount
Cons
expectations, organization
its a very nice and comfortable place to work for. They make you feel welcome and they point you in the right direction.They make sure that you understand everything.
I was working in the housekeeping department as a house person.Then also did some cross training for the front desk on my spare time. I worked in housekeeping for a year and 2 months and wanted to grow but not very many spots were open for me to move around so i figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to venture out and try something different. I love working in hospitality helping guests turning moments into memories and being a leader in the department i work in and apply 100 percent to the job i work in.
Pros
Great work experience and strong team building skills
Cons
Not able to grow as fast as i wanted
Punctual, responsible, autonomous, facilitates learning, able to mobilize a team of work. I work neatly, cleanly, quickly. With clients friendly and attentive. I like to work in a team, if necessary I can help my colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches, syndicate, insurance
Cons
for me there are no minuses, to agree to all working conditions
Long hours and heavy duties. The good thing is you can leave early if you're done with your duties. Sometimes, you are doing duties that are not your usually duties.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Inconsiderate leaders
Cleaning guest room Providing guest basic room serivce A lot activties you can join,for example:skydiving and water rafting... You have cheaper meal only for employee
During my working days at Fairmont Palliser I never felt discomfort from day 1 up to my last day, Being away from your loved ones is very difficult , but everytime and every moment at work is so very special to me .You have a chance to meet and greet some very famous personalities and that experience is very rewarding for me.
Worked in Lake Loiuse in summer as a housekeeper, best summer working experience I ever had, good salary, very supportive team and management culture, great working environment, nice view and very attractive benefit including subsidized food, living (in staff building) and best of all employee's big discount for their family to live in any Fairmont hotels/resorts around world! Highly recommended to students who look for summer job with great money and work experience!
Pros
employee discount, susidized meal and living
Cons
busy, heavy load and demanding work load
I am pleased to say Fairmont Hot Springs was the best place I had ever worked for. A typical day at work would be to sign in, get your assignment sheet and key for the day, grab stock for linen closet, go to your floor, stock up your closet and cart, and work accordingly depending upon assignment sheet. I have learned that working here is not as crazy as it would be in a any other city hotel. I also have learned to master my job with having deep cleaning introduced to my schedule. Management was the best to work for, always looked out for their workers, bore empathy, and was very fair to each person within every department. Co-workers were also great, easy to get along with,. The hardest part of the job where slow days where there wasn't much to do, and you had to find things to do if management didn't have anything for you to do. My most enjoyable part of the job was that our employers interacted with us all of the time; they encouraged us within and outside of our roles. They treated us like family!
Pros
free soup lunches, great discounts throughout resort on food and merchandise
Cons
You're only allowed to live in Staff accomodation for a year, its hard to find permanent residency here.
Worst Job I have ever had in my entire life. Was so stressful the managers were just horrible . Would cry every day after leaving work. Never ever work as a housekeeper. I Just got fired for not going fast enough , they give you like no time to clean a room and expect it to be perfect.... Moved to Whistler BC from Montreal and they would not even give me anymore training or extra help. The Fairmont Whistler was the worst Job I have ever had.
Such a great group of staff!! You work hard and feel accomplished by the end of the day. The company motivates you and encourages advancement from within. Manager are always available to talk if any issues come up and things are quickly resolved. I will stay working with this company as long as I can!
Pros
Staff meals, benefits, hourly wage, coworkers, beautiful location, hotel history
Cons
Expensive parkade parking
when you enter at work site always wear a smile greet each and everyone have a group meetings talking about latest endorements and concernes apply the magic words of the day which is given by the manager and enjoy the work whole day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great and great and nice and nice and nice and lovely and fast pace environment. Exceptional place to work. Sweet environment
Work is in a very fast paced environment, sometimes makes me feel very stressful. But the working environment is awesome. Co-workers, supervisors and managers are all super friendly, supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is that feeling the teamwork all the time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of overtimes