Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Hotel Housekeeper

Fairmont really is one of the best places for work, they really care of its people and the work enviroment is great. The hotel I worked for it was hard to get promoted from within, all managers used to came from outside, that was the only reason for me to leave.
No sense of organisation, management is not bothered about day to day operations staff no time management at all and haywire schedule you work like a robot with no recognition at all
Fast pace and is a great place to meet people very clean environment and safe place to work alot of famous people stays there if you like history this is a place for you to discover lots place to visit surrounding the hotel area
Pros
buffet lunch
Cons
expensive parking
Great place to work! Amazing benefits, culture. Team Building! Growth and development is always a Focus at Fairmont Resorts and Hotels. Able to travel and work was a plus!
Good Company and Benefits. Have a chance to enhance your ability and career path. People i worked in this company is very helpful and always have team work.
My experience working there was awesome for the most part. The manager in my department and HR Manger need a lot more refined in their people skills as well as effective communication. Sometimes, "some" managers can get pretty nasty towards how they treat staff, and allowed to get away with it. Very friendly atmosphere among employees. Free lunch on shift, but you get what you pay for (leftovers and soup, mostly) Needed to get creative for entertainment beyond alcohol when not on shift. Ignoring the bad elements, my experience at Fairmont was a memorable one The GM is not afraid to head into one of the departments like the Housekeeping department and work a shift
Pros
Discounts, gorgeous location, shuttle to work, free lunch
Cons
No shuttle from work for day workers, lunch is usually leftovers, management can get pretty nasty towards employees at times
Work is a very great for me, it is a very manageable and it's easily to deal with other worker. it's helps me to inhanced my skills and I'm enyoy it doing my task everyday although there are times I encountered hardest part but at the end of the day it's fine and go home with a smile in your face because I love to work.
Pros
food is free
Cons
no overtime
Incompetent management with no regard for the abilities of the staff to make their own choices on how to handle situations in the hotel. There was a very competitive "me first" environment at this location. I felt very discontent at this position and the job was very stagnant. There was not a family atmosphere between staff which I seek when finding a career. If you enjoy a cutthroat environment while being overworked in the Summer and starving in Winter, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cheap Staff Lunches
Cons
Ability to be yourself and to move up the ladder
A beautiful hotel with some wonderful management in place. Difficulties include a highly transient work force, and some colleagues being there for the lifestyle and not the career. A great place to learn very quickly, wonderful benefits and wage. Definitely would recommend for anyone young or starting out in Hospitality. The lifestyle is very hard to sustain for a long period of time for most.
Pros
Benefits, wage, geography, learning environment, constant opportunities
Cons
Very choice lifestyle, very isolated, highly transient
My Typical day at work is regular routine of my job and follow the Hotel quality standards. I've learned a lot of things in the hotel like how we deal different kind of guests all over the world and we provide service guests expectation and a lot more. we also learned efficiently, reliable and punctual. and the common goal of my department and the company brand Mission and Vision. the management itself trained us accordance with Hotel quality standards. and ability to build successful relationship with guest and vendors. my co-worker are very friendly, kind and helpful to each other to fulfill the guest satisfaction. they really friendly even outside worked. the most enjoyable part of this job is to exceed the expectation of the guests satisfaction.
One of the best experiences I have had working in the hospitality industry. I was able to see the changes taking place throughout my time there. It is the newest edition to the Fairmont hotels located in Vancouver. Just newly opened at the time I experienced the Olympics through working at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, located right across the street from the Olympic Torch. Saw first hand the teamwork and unbelievable commitment to deliver the best quality service to our guests that shined through on our J.D. power scores.
Pros
the people, the teamwork and overall atmosphere...