Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

There’s definitely a great Homey, Family feel within the staff. Most employees stay there for over 20 years. Great Place to work in. Great community environment.
At one point there was great opportunities to move up. As well it had a great work environment and home environment. I learned alot from the job i had but to potential for advancement quickly ended.
Pros
free lunch
I think it was just because of my experience with them. I did loved my co-workers. Management was great in some parts but they could be very harsh. I learned my strength and my weakness big time and my managers made sure I knew my weakness. The job can be very stressful and taxing. A typical day for me was I welcomed clients that would enter in the restaurant and seat them down at tables. I managed the tables and the coffee bar. In all think the reason why I kinda loved my experience were my friends that I made. (I'm saying in my opinion based on my experience.)
Pros
Tips, beautiful view
Cons
management, sporadic hours
This job was extensively fast-paced and demanding. Upon arrival I would set up the host stand and set tables. The Chateau Lake Louise is a huge tourist attraction that attracts thousands of people. During the summer months I worked there (from May-end of August) I would seat and assist and occasionally serve patrons. I would clean and re-set tables, refill water and bar snacks of patrons, provide information on the hotel and the history of Lake Louise, provide menu descriptions and recommendations, and clean and polish silverware and glasses as well as answer the telephone. I learned about what is like to be working in a very conservative, up-scale restaurant and how to effectively co-operate with others while taking on new tasks and responsibilities. The management was very actively involved in day-to-day restaurant activities, helping out when needed and supportive of the pressure, fast-paced environment and the long hours. I got along with all my co-workers and management and we worked together alongside management to deal with challenges that arose. The hardest part of the job was working long hours without a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the great people I got to meet and all the customers I had the opportunity to help out and make a difference to the the patrons visiting or staying at the hotel.
Pros
meals were provided upon a longer shift than 8 hours, management was extremely helpful
Cons
constant walking/running around, lack of breaks