Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Great company to work and learn from, with plenty of room for advancement. Great for A type personalities, very fast paced. Guest experience is of the utmost importance.
Great work life balance and amazing people to work with in the Guest services department. They understand and encourage activities outside of work and try and let you have the best work life balance along with other amazing perks from the hotel. My favourite employer hands down.
Pros
Fun staff including team members and management, great work life balance, unreal starting salary, lots of growth potential, beautiful place to work, free staff cafeteria
Cons
Can get a bit stressful but you have support from your team- can sometimes be boring but again, you work with an amazing crew
I worked a Summer job at the Fairmont Waterfront. It is definitely fast-paced, but well structured and the team is really collaborative, and they have awesome team leaders. There's always something to learn. The work/life balance goes for each person differently, as most positions are rotating shift, and it's based on seniority.
Pros
Great work culture, discounts for employees
Great teams and people to work with. Management is far-removed from most situations and any changes take ages to get approved. Immediate supervisors and leaders are helpful and do their best to support the team and offer help and training as needed.
Great place to work, amazing team. Would recommend to anyone, lovely first job to have had. Good experience to start out with, and amazing life skills learned
great company to work for, amazing benefits, good salary, possibility to transfer worldwide. I mean overal its a pretty good place, every place has its pros and cons but If I had knew how much greater then other places this one was i probably wouldve stayed there, also easy to be on their good side and stay there for the rest of your life! thumbs up fairmont is a company I would love to work for again!
very poorly managed without any appreciation to the employees. very high turn over rate. Excellent brand name on your cv but that's about it. not recommended.
Managers are not open mind hotel is full of politicians "who knows who" Work crazy hours, crazy schedules High turn over, so feels like no one knows what they are doing
Leadership and colleagues are wonderful to work with! Very friendly and genuine service that speaks directly to the guest on an individual and personal basis.
I learned the Opera system for hotel reception desks very thorough. There is high front office and management turnover and constantly improving Standard Operating Procedures to increase consistency.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nice work environnement with good relationships between internal and external guests. I had the opportunity to learn more, be in interaction with good people and talk about a career.
Pros
good time at work
Cons
renovate the style of the assistance.
A great company culture, engaged employees and opportunity for growth within the company. Enjoy the fact that although a large company, feels like a small community due to effective communication at all levels.
• Day to day I would drive hotel guests, including celebrities around the city of edmonton or the airport. I also gave city tours from time to time. • I learned how to advance my professionalism and social skills. • I dealt with multiple managers and learned a greater respect for all of them. • I worked with 250 employees in total, and along side the belldesk team hand in hand, so I have always loved other people, and this job gave me the opportunity to get to know many of them. • Dealing with the Fort Mac guest was very difficult as tears were flowing and I personally made up help and relief flyers with viable information for them. Also we had terminal children stay with us which was heartbreaking. But doing something special for them made their stay a little better. • Everyday I got to see new people and high end guests. Not only each and every unique interaction was special, but I learned many new things and got to meet hundreds of celebrities.
Pros
Cheap lunches/buffet style
Cons
unorganized managers at times
Friendly People and environment. Learned a lot in different cultures. Best Benefits. Enjoy working with Colleagues.
Turning moments into memories, exemplifying the companies mission statement and core values. Being an ambassador of community and culture, working on an equal employment basis.
There are many jobs available through Fairmont Hot Springs Resort; I worked as Guest Services and two of the Resort's golf courses. A typical day (although one 8hr shift would not cover all of this) would first consist of pulling golf carts out of the shed. You then would help guests put their bags on the golf carts, supply them with water, and help in whatever ways you could. You would pick the range with a range picking vehicle when necessary. At night, all of the golf carts would be washed and stored back in the sheds. You would be responsible for ensuring several buildings and amenities were locked before leaving.
Pros
free lunch, great coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
seasonal hours