Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Dining Room Server

is a good place to work with a lot of fun but very stressful on some situation or almost everyday wit interaction with guest from all around the world you have many many nice and beautiful moments and also few awkward moments ,in resume with pros an cont is a fun nice place to work , I'm looking for something different in my life and living Fairmont because hours and seniority polices.
Pros
cafeteria in the work place
Cons
hard to improve your career
I worked for the Fairmont for nearly 2 years and I was so excited to get started here. I wanted to move up with the brand and start my career here and learn more as a barista. Unfortunately for me, their standards of hot drinks they serve to guests are baseline Tim Hortons when I was expecting 5 star baristas. After about 6 months there and having helped train my managers that came into my department I quickly realized there was no opportunity for advancement in my position at all. When I brought this up with the executives, I was told I could switch positions in the hotel but that I couldn't move upward. That was fine and I accepted the position as something that gave me time to explore the mountains and more importantly use those amazing Fairmont benefits, but once the world shut down this company's problems really became clear. I was brought back to help reopen the hotel and it was a disaster. We were understaffed from the moment we opened to the day I left. The managers refused to hire qualified staff and short cut our departments so the other ones would have more staff even though our sales and guest count was through the roof. We had no management most days, and there was no one present to manage the number of people coming into the café and ensure that they were wearing their masks. I was honestly scared to go to work most days, wondering if guests yelling at me about the rules were going to give me the virus. I was ridiculed for bringing up concerns with management about these issues. Even when we had an outbreak at one of our restaurants because of a guest who had - more...
Fairmont gives a better quality of life. Balanced and little bit less stress working there comparatively. Everyone gets chances to do the right thing. Benefits and perks and good Too. Altogether the best place to work with.
Pros
Good food and 50%off on food and beverage if you stay in other fairmont hotels
Cons
Shifts according seniority
There is absolutely no job security. If you’re a part time, you’ll be treated like you don’t belong. The management is poor. The staff is self centred. Management pretends to listen to your issues but takes no step whatsoever. It’s probably the union thing they have which has made their life so difficult. The permanent employees working there don’t know how to perform, but they cannot be fired either.
Best place I’ve ever worked for. Wonderful work atmosphere and everyone is treated like family. You work hard but you’re appreciated and compensated. Very rewarding job and I regret leaving everyday. Only left due to moving to a different city.
So much growth potential! They really are top of the line employers in hospitality and you will not find better wages, treatment and hospitality quality then here.
Working in an unionized workplace, rates and benefits are not complained. Co-workers are very friendly, but some people are very lazy because they have been their for 25 years and they know job security is high so they don't bother do much. I learn that if you got a job here, it's worth to apply for Marriott or Hilton because growth is limited (e.g: cross training and schedule depends on your seniority)
Pros
benefits and wages
Cons
seniority
Overwhelming at times but now everything after this will be a walk in the park. Learned to be independent and at the same time to ask for help. Learned a lot about the industry from the other side of the table. Very humbling and educational.
Pros
people. people. people. love them!
Cons
graveyard shift