Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I really enjoy working for the Fairmont, I keep coming back to it (I've worked at three Fairmont Properties in Canada in my career) and I can honestly say, they are the leaders of Hospitality. The managers trust your instincts and support you when guest are being harsh/ unfair. They give you the empowerment to solve guest issues without them escalating to managers (so they really want you to be confident to resolve guest issues which can be hard at times but managers are always around to help you out.)Everyone supports each other and each department really do try and help when they can. My only complaint about the company is guest can be the worst, some can be very demanding and some interactions can be hard on your mental health. They don’t happen very often but since the pandemic Guests have expected a bit too much that the industry and not always predict or fix (Example, if the government put in a restriction for no sit down service that will completely hurt the hotel and you will hear about it/ try and figure out a way to assist these guest when the restrictions happen and become in affect a few hours later) but then you get one guest that can turn everything around for being so sweet and kind and really understanding ( and you can if available upgrade their rooms or send amenities) Over all I’ve made life long friendships from this company and have learned SO much about Hospitality, If you are empathetic and love working with people this is the company you would want to work for.
Pros
Benefits are insanely good, managers are great, Learning incentives, they trust you to do right by the guest
Fast paced industry and you have to be able to work well under pressure. There's always opportunities for a promotion and you get paid fairly well for the tasks that you do. Benefits are great too.
Royal Service is hard because we do a lot of different things for different departments so there is not much recognition for those who go above and beyond for guests.
Nice property, work culture needs to be improved. management should lead as an example - respect, recognition, appreciation, transparency, collaboration.
They didn't let us take 10/15 minute breaks, only a half hour. No leaning or sitting down allowed. Lots of things were skipped in my training and I was penalized for some of them. Their training attitude is incredibly condescending, I felt like they were treating me like a 5 year old which was incredible demeaning and hurtful and made it a lot harder to feel secure and confident in the work I was doing.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Will most likely give you food poisoning
I love working for Fairmont, but not at this location. Very isolated with high turnover, and copious extreme drug use. Management has very little training/experience. Avoid this place at all costs - unless you want to be washed up in ammature hour and partying.
Many employees work half heartedly, not doing the work. They are not shy to say "if it wasn't for the pay I wouldn'the be here" but the majority are 18-35 that have this attitude. The celebration of different occasions are awesome.
Pros
Cheap hotel rates
Cons
Many
Long hours, random schedule, low level management is generally unhelpful in larger issues, HR is excellent, sometimes no breaks
I loved working for Fairmont. I enjoyed my management, my office was clean and well stocked and the benefits were amazing. I was not feeling challenged in my position and would have preferred a position in the creative field.
Pros
free food, great travel benefits, excellent medical benefits, good management
Cons
overnight shifts, unchallenging work
I loved this work as it expanded my knowledge, challenged me, My favorite part of the job was when co-workers left the difficult things for my shift! Co workers were great, aside from I received multiple comment cards and many wanting to meet me causing co-workers to feel unapreciated. I started taking my comments off the brag wall. The most enjoyable part of this work was meeting new people, winning awards for detailed service, and working unsupervised.
Pros
great hours, uniform provided as well as free dry cleaning for the uniforms.
Cons
by times feeling overwhelmed with calls and emails, when other staff seemed to be taking a lot of chit chats with front office staff.
Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts