Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Concierge

Right in the heart of downtown Toronto, a great place to work and meet people from all over the world. Great work atmosphere and excellent colleagues.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is one of those places that everyone dreams of visiting and you actually get to work here! The other staff members turn into your family and you get to meet so many new friends. You get the chance here to start off in your position and grow yourself into the position that you want to be in. Many opportunities and new experiences to learn.
Pros
Outdoor adventures, supportive leadership, career development
Quite enjoyed my time with Fairmont. To learn more about the industry, and the Fairmont principles, I ran for, and was elected as, President of the Service Plus Recognition and Reward program. it allowed great access to many departments and their respective staff members. How each department, Front of House or Heart of House, embodied the mission statement: "Turning moments into memories for our guests", allowed me to bring even more presence to the concierge position. The hotel is a piece of living history and there were those rare moments of calm when it was possible to look out into that grand lobby and marvel at her beauty. many a time I took it upon myself to offer tours for inquiring guests.
Pros
Free tickets to shows and events. Complimentary meals at restaurants.
Cons
Incredibly busy and noisy. Concierge desk is four-sided box in the middle of the lobby
Was exposed to all facits of the hotel, front and back house exposure part of shcool training to obtain Diploma. Was trained on Fairmont Gold in personalising guest check-in and check-out as a private concierge. Set-up lounge for Continental Beeakfast and Hors d'oueuvres in the evening. Respond to guest (s) request from restaurant reservations to limousine services or organising mini conference for employees for guest (s).
Pros
rewarding hands-on experience torwards concierge career
Cons
no employment afterward