Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Bartender

Awesome workplace because of awesome hardworking hospitable people. We take care of people and create awesome memories for guests and co workers alike.
I have worked for over 10 years in hospitality/customer service industry. The management was hands down the worst. They cared more about their overall appearance then helping out the staff in the bar/restaurant. Management would walk over to the bar from the kitchen to yell at the bartenders and serving staff to go run food from where they just came from. They wouldnt help clear tables, serve or run food which is by definition the job of management to assist the floor staff. Management would yell at the bar team during the busy rushes to move faster causing more chaos for the staff. My anxiety and stress levels were so high working at the Fairmont I had to get put on anti-anxiety medication by my doctor. I started to have such bad stomach issues that the doctors could only discribe as IBS as they could not diagnose the cause. Which turned out to be again due to the stress levels of working at the Fairmont. The ONLY reason I stuck out as long as I could (2 years) was due to the Benefits and discounts staff would receive staying at any other Fairmont location.
Pros
Staff discounts at other fairmonts, above minimum wage pay.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, horrible management, high stress levels
The compensation was incredible, but the isolation at this particular location explained why. The frequency of pay raises is unbelievable. Felt like a boot-camp to save money. Lots of young employees, big party scene.
I spent many years with this company and they helped shape me as a person and a professional. They provide wonderful working environments for beginners and professionals alike and help their colleagues advance onto bigger and brighter futures
This company has extremely high standards, but gives you a massive sense of fulfillment because of their standards. You feel like your part of the family during everyday life.
Gained a vast amount of experience in the service industry. Worked in 6 different restaurants that all served a different cuisine and a different level of fine dining. Great opportunity for growth and you can transfer to other fairmont hotels around the world after working their for 2 years
Pros
great benefits, job security
Cons
crazy hrs
it is a nice workplace with good management. the employees are friendly. not a busy hotel since the weather and the price but it is a high-level customer service accommodation.
Money is good, pay is good , great benefits, older crowd, they have a strong union, everything goes by seniority so it sucks when u are in the bottom of the list.
Daily inventory Ensuring all servers were meeting the quality of the hotel Till/deposits Serving customers Maintaining clean and professional workplace
My job was to make guests feel like they are dinning in the comfort of their own home. I worked 5am shifts, 2pm shifts and even 11pm shifts. While working over nights I took orders over the phone, prepared the tables and I also cooked the food and then delivered it. Upselling is a skill on it's own but trying to get guests to spend more money on the phone when their minds were already made up, was a challenge in itself. The Fairmomt is big on 'turning moments into memories' for guests. This means the colleagues were empowered to blow guests away by doing what ever we thought might enhance the guests overall experience. The best part of the job was the hotel discounts when travelling to other sister properties. Bartending at the pool was another highlight. Making cocktails under tbe sun with a mountain view? Yes please!
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Shift work was tough on the mind and body
This experience has fine tuned an excellent work ethic. It can be challenging and very rewarding!
Full knowledge of mixology performed in Banquet environment.• Provided high-level customer service to a variety to clients while managing regular operation responsibilities.• During service responsible for mixing drinks, liquor control inventory and closing duties.
Pros
good meals in staff cafeteria and good pay.
Cons
seasonal work.