Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 1,599 reviews
No work life balance, endless hours without adequate compensation
Banquet Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2019
No work life balance, endless hours without adequate compensation, its highly unionised environment with no support from higher management. There are times where you end up doing over 16 hours per day but no compensatory off is given neither are you paid for extra hours being put in.
Pretty good, management changed frequently and was passive aggressive
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2018
It was ok, good pay and gratuities on top of wage.
Management was hard to deal with sometimes, and would blame their coordination problems on us.
High expectations, but that's with any job like this. They follow up with employee reviews a lot, and if the BQT manager is good and respected, its great and you feel supported to succeed. If the manager is sneaky they can use the system selfishly and against you.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, flexible
Cons
unpredictable schedule, seniority based, management sometimes was passive aggressive and changed a lot
Gorgeous place to live
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB6 December 2017
I had a really great time working in Banff. An absolute beautiful place to work and to live. The hotel is iconic and the back drop is spectacular. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to work and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth. I made good money but I made better memories. I was sad to leave this place but it was time to move on to a more professional environment.
Pros
beautiful place to live and to work
Cons
employees were not valued due to the size of the organization
Fairmont Banff Springs Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB6 December 2017
Hotel is beautiful, you can't help but smile every time you look out a window and see the views. Banquet Management was a hit-and-miss...the morning managers were outstanding - truly cared about their job. The Night Managers cared more about getting out of their to go party than to run a smooth and successful event. Lots of fun 'team building' activities within the department. I would go back to working here in a heart-beat
Pros
Staff Cafeteria Staff Accommodation Good Benefits Good Wage Uniform Cleaning Service
Cons
Mandatory Overtime Lazy Evening Crew
A nice work experience
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 September 2017
An excellent experience to work in an international and professional group to improve my work ability, communication skills and customer service more professional for my college co-op work term.
Serviced for personal celebrations, weddings and government events
Beautiful, hotel in the Canadian Rockies
Banquets Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB15 January 2017
Supporting company with transfer opportunities globally.

Fast paced. Good pay and supervision.

Varied work load and opportunities. Wonderful staff accommodation and facilities.
Great team spirit
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2016
Excellent work experience with new challenges and exceptional daily tasks. Different event locations with exceptional settings.
Pros
great experience and salary
Cons
on call
Great place to work, fun coworkers
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2016
Great place to work. Gave me the opportunity to further increase my hospitality knowledge. The Château Laurier gives me the opportunity to work as a part of a team to deliver a high standard of service to our guests.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Don't get to connect with guests as much
Good opportunity
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB30 April 2016
Good place to learn and grow. With shift work it is hard to find work life balance. Some great and some horrible leadership. A place to learn and move on. Winters are hard unless you ski.
Pros
low cost living provided
Cons
sometimes stuck with poor leadership
Great Organization
Banquet Server/House-Person (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC8 April 2016
The company is immaculate and excellent to work for. The perks are unique and astonishing. Great place to be in and with the great culture. However, room for advancement is made on biased decisions, which overall hinders the great work place
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Limited Opportunity for Growth
Productive and very good place o work
Banquet Server- Internship (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB8 November 2015
I enjoyed working at Fairmont Banff Spring hotel as I worked as a banquet server, the department was very big and we had 75 employees working. My management team was experienced and it was great experience to work with them. I learned to set up a room for an event and set buffet for the event.
Want to go back.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
I love structure. They told me how to do it and why they do it that way.

Just waiting for the right opportunity to work for this company again.
Great Summer living at working at the lodge (JPL)
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Jasper AB30 August 2015
I worked as a banquet server for summer 2015, great management wonderful colleagues. Live on property, cheap living in Jasper National Park. Awesome biking and hiking
Pros
Cheap living
Cons
you share a bedroom with a roommate
Incredible place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB12 February 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. Great people and amazing environment. Loved every minute of working there. Fast paced environment and management was outstanding.
Amazing enviroment and place to work.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, Alberta29 November 2013
This job was amazing because of the simple fact of where it was, High in the mountains of banff. Everyone is so freindly and there to just enjoy and take advantage of the amazing atmospere, The managment and staff at the hotel were very friendly and very professional and i enjoyed every second i was there.
Pros
Great cafe and great accomadation
Cons
exspensive living
Productive, working hard but with fun
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB8 October 2013
Working at Fairmont Banff Spring is a delightful, I work hard but at the end of the day it was fulfilling your able to see different events and ideas, interact and give good service to the guest.co-workers are fun to work with its like a family working together to give engaging service and turning the moments into memories. i learned to be more caring and to be more appreciative with work and to the guest. Management are good letting and helping you to achieve your goals in life and will help you give you support if they can help you to climb to your goals in life. I must say i enjoy it a lot working in Banquets department at Fairmont Banff Springs.
Pros
big pay check, free give aways item, able to witness a good event occurring to peoples life.
Cons
long hours and shifting schedule.
Good Team
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2013
The team while I was at the Hotel Mac was very good. I often got food on shift, and was treated with respect. Mostly set up, tear down and serving functions
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Worked almost every Sat until 3am or later for Brunch flip