Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much pressure
overall not a bad company. extended benefit is pretty basic with pension plan. The company promotes collaborating culture with good training system. Unfortunately the management team is not always leaders of the example. Some top management team member have no hospitality background and don't understand the company's policy.Dealing with demanding customers plus rotating shifts can make work more stressful. not a work/life balance type of job unless you are at the top of seniority.
Pros
free lunch and extended benefit
Cons
I love working in this company! This is the company i want to retire. . The workingEnvironment is awesome! You will feel valued and repected. I love the people working here.
Great company to work and learn from, with plenty of room for advancement. Great for A type personalities, very fast paced. Guest experience is of the utmost importance.
Half the workforce at Fairmont have given 10+ years of service To the hotel, proof that it is a great place to work. The job is fulfilling, the team is a family, it is a wonderful place to grow professionally and personally.
Working at Fairmont give me pride. the company also offer great benefits and very good pay. The environment is overall friendly and supportive. Absolutely a great company to work for
Pros
Good food
Cons
Demanding
Challenging and enthusiastic gives me more positives and inspiring..my time to show my abilities and hardworking attitude...I’m excited to go work....
is a good place to work with a lot of fun but very stressful on some situation or almost everyday wit interaction with guest from all around the world you have many many nice and beautiful moments and also few awkward moments ,in resume with pros an cont is a fun nice place to work , I'm looking for something different in my life and living Fairmont because hours and seniority polices.
Pros
cafeteria in the work place
Cons
hard to improve your career
Good place to develop your skills and career that for new employee every week switch to different department and learn how to cooperate with other employees .friendly work environment
Pros
free staff meal, clean uniform
Fairmont it is a really good place to work, everyone is really friendly and cares about each other. We have a lot of benefits and events to please the employees.
A company based on values and development, coupled with a major focus on luxury service for all guests. Wonderful opportunities for those starting out in their careers as well as executives that want to take the next step in hospitality.
- a typical day: check work requests, perform work. - what I learned: time management, work-life balance - management: good enough for workers, go above and beyond for guests. - workplace culture: very inclusive, lots of events - the hardest part of the job: not getting fat from all the treats - the most enjoyable part: the treats and appreciation for a job well done.
I have friends working at different property and they enjoyed the work. So I applied at a different property when I saw they were hiring. Pay is good but the work environment is very toxic and no one seem to be happy working there (they only stay for money and benefits). The management doesnt have an idea what they are doing and are not helpful. I didnt get any training, and when i brought it up to my supervisor they said I would have to figure it out on my own and they didnt get any training aswell. There turn around is very high. supervisor th
Fairmont is a very competitive in all aspect. The best place to work in an hospitality industry. They have a very good set of colleagues that give their best in all of their guests. This is a very good job to keep. Benefits and salary are very promising. How i wish to go back and work one day with them again in the near future.
Fast paced industry and you have to be able to work well under pressure. There's always opportunities for a promotion and you get paid fairly well for the tasks that you do. Benefits are great too.
Every property is essentially a franchise. One may have an ownership group that will invest in the building, hire a general manager that treats subordinates with respect, knows what he's doing and let him do his job. Another may run the property into the ground and put an abusive egomaniac in charge. So while the company itself may declare great values, your actual employer is not Fairmont Hotels, it's a specific hotel with specific challenges and opportunities.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
inconsistency from hotel to hotel
Fairmont gives a better quality of life. Balanced and little bit less stress working there comparatively. Everyone gets chances to do the right thing. Benefits and perks and good Too. Altogether the best place to work with.
Pros
Good food and 50%off on food and beverage if you stay in other fairmont hotels
Cons
Shifts according seniority
its really a good company, competetive salary,lots of benefits and good management,they take good care of their employees,everyone in this company is helping each other
-Busy atmosphere -Understaffed in many areas -Reactive management -High turnover of staff -Overbooked -Good food for staff -Cute dogs -Union environment makes it hard to work there
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
Fairmont really is one of the best places for work, they really care of its people and the work enviroment is great. The hotel I worked for it was hard to get promoted from within, all managers used to came from outside, that was the only reason for me to leave.