Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

It was a great and wonderful experience working for Fairmont, and honestly I really would love to work for them again one day, it's one of the best community environment there to work in. You are always engage in doing something community wise, lots of activities to keep you motivated, I have lots of great memories working there over the years, each department have their own goals to achieve, and sometimes you are rewarded for doing so, it's a excellent company that I can recommend for anyone of course, it's all up to you for making the best and takes nothing for granted.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
I really have nothing bad to say, it's an amazing place to work for anyone
Friendly work environment. Experienced colleagues.Cooperative, helpful and Experienced managers.Great employee Benefit.Historical work place to work with one of the best hotel.
Fairmont is like a family to me I love all my colleague and all managers. And the benefits are very good. All I can say is working in Fairmont Royal York is a remarkable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Always do overtime
While the work itself can be demanding and taxing at times. The colleagues you work with are what makes this place worth staying at. Senior management is out of touch with mid management and below. They will dangle promotions over you and often give them to the ones most eager and willing to take for low money. Never have I seen soo many director positions created just to keep talent that could make more elsewhere.
Really helpful working environment. It does not matter if you work part time or full time the perks are same for both which makes me really happy as I van only work here part time until I get my working visa.
Creates an environment for teamwork, evolving and innovating. Positive and fun. Willing to try new things. Invests in their people. Promotes from within
I work in shifts, mostly evening shifts. A lot to learn everyday with new challenges. As solving various queries of customers and fulfill there legitimate demands. Workplace culture is friendly and professional at the same time. Never felt like not going to work. The hardest part is expecting a new question from the hotel guest and finding solution to it. However getting the satisfaction of fulfilling the needs of the guest. Enjoyable part was the team I was working, the best I have worked wit. Every team member was supportive and great to work with. And the managers have so much to give and there is so much to learn from them.
Hotel is sold out everyday because revenue lowers the room rate to $129 per night. Struggle to find rooms to accommodate guest and high business volume
Overall, a great place to work. Benefits and pay are fantastic. Lots of culture in the workplace. Upward movement is difficult. I learned lots of teamwork and timing skills throughout my time with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
No work life balance, endless hours without adequate compensation, its highly unionised environment with no support from higher management. There are times where you end up doing over 16 hours per day but no compensatory off is given neither are you paid for extra hours being put in.
Excellent company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement as well a good work life balance. Great team work in a fast based environment . Job with never a dull moment
I worker at Fairmont for over 6 years. I met a lot of wonder people. I really enjoyed working here. I worked through one of the largest renovations to guest rooms and the Union station project. It was challenging at times but we always had great Leadership and support!
I do consider myself a part of a big family. An environment that celebrates each other culture. A workplace that have an open door policy. An appreciative working environment.
Right in the heart of downtown Toronto, a great place to work and meet people from all over the world. Great work atmosphere and excellent colleagues.
So much growth potential! They really are top of the line employers in hospitality and you will not find better wages, treatment and hospitality quality then here.
It has been the best experience of my life. Great hotel
know the job with attention to detail, have good rapport with the guests, then floor manager will never bother you. Always be honest and trustworthy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
There are ups and downs like life but overall very good company to work for.
Cannot say how much this company has the standard of Employee Satisfaction on the radar. Keeping Work/Life Balance at the maximum, while providing directive from Management on a daily basis with Town Halls and the like. Anyone lucky enough to have worked or is still employed with them - has received a gift in life.
If you want to work in the most beautiful locations in the world and make friendships that will last a lifetime - Fairmont is THE hospitality company to work for. You will be mentored, challenged and rewarded on a regular basis. Every day will be different than the last. You will work in the most beautiful settings and meet some of the most interesting people. I have made friendships that have allowed me to travel to almost anywhere in the world and always know someone there.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
While I enjoyed working there for the short time I was a contract RMT, the management really needs to make the Massage Therapy offerings a priority if this is to be a sustainable offering for the Health Club.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
below industry-standard split; lack of steady clients, no benefits