Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Jasper, AB

Professional environment. Must have passion for cooking and be able to handle extremely high stress situations while maintaining some of the most reknowned standards in the hospitality industry.
Fairmont Hotel and Resorts is is a great company to work for, I truly enjoyed working for this company and look forward to working within the Fairmont team again in the near future. This company offers to its employees the satisfaction of working within a team and the possibilities of advancement within the company.
Pros
advancement
The people you work with are your family, day in and day out, have to rely on them 100% Management (upper, lower, food and non-food) isn't great here, not reliable or trustworthy Not enough staffing or product to make it through a busy weekend, without stealing from the other departments, and your managers will encourage it instead of asking upper levels to come up with a full time solution You learn to rely on yourself, and those who prove themselves, and not the ones who don't call in sick and never get penalized for it Long time staff keep leaving, no one really wants to work here, but it's cheap rent and easy money - if that's what you want
Pros
Cheap Rent, Easy Money
Cons
Bad Management, Low Quality
I enjoy working with Fairmont Hotels and resort. Got the change to network and met many people across the world, and had some great co- workers and staff. It was more like a family.
- enjoyed the management and made workers constantly feel like they were working in a team - most of the day i was alone when cleaning rooms and i did not enjoy a full 8 hours alone in different rooms
Pros
felt like i could really depend on my team when i needed help
Cons
a lot of strenuous physical demands
They provided me with all the tools to succeed within my time there. Hours were consistent and staff were trained properly which made the experience for our guests amazing
Pros
Staff Accommodation, Cheap meals
Avoid working for this company if you want to have a life and a salary that you can support your life - Crazy hours - Low salary - Executives abuse management with long hours and no OT - Executives are hypocrites and work 9-5 - no work-life balance, work is life
I worked at the Jasper park lodge for three years. It is a great spot too go when you are younger. There is definitely a outdoor atmosphere and a place were there is always something going on. It's a place were you can easily try new jobs and get experience in different hospitality areas
Pros
Fun athmosphere
Cons
Being away from family
It is one of the best property to work with... we can do several; activities apart from work and fairmont organise small small activities and trips. and help you with performance
Pros
awesome
Cons
no cons
Sometimes I would work 7 days in a row. I once worked 68 days straight. Makes me tired just thinking about it. But I loved my job, the people I worked with and especially the guests who would travel from all over the world just to see the Canadian Rocky Mountains. I was hired on as a server assistant for the breakfast shift but I convinced my management team to give me the opportunity to serve instead. Within a week I was asked to work the casual fine-dinning shift at dinner instead. We were unionized so I tried to pick up shifts when or wherever I could. The hotel had 4 restaurants and a banquet team and they always needed extra hands. I was the person they called when someone called in sick or the reservations were over booked. I always arrived 20 minutes before my shift started just to mentally prepare myseld for the busy shift ahead. The restaurant sat 170 guests. We would serve approx 500 at breakfast and 250 at night. Some times I miss it but the experience I gained from it was enough.
Pros
Union. Benefits. Mountains.
Cons
Long, long days.
My position at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge as a Registered Massage Therapist has provided me with an overall wonderful experience. This position jump started my career within the luxury spa setting. I was treated fairly, however there was some poor and unprofessional management which made it a more negative experience. Within a short time, I was given a variety of opportunities to advance within the Fairmont brand which was extremely appreciated although I continued my position as an RMT. I benefitted greatly from the overall experience, however I would not consider returning to that position for future employment.
Pros
Staff team, Clientelle
Cons
Poor Management
Working in Jasper was life changing. Everyday I would have a breathtaking (and short) walk to work from my subsidized on site apartment. My daily tasks include generating and editing proposals, contracts, addendums, and all administrative sales related tasks. In addition I was also the on-site trainer for the Sales team, where I trained many new colleagues and managers. In addition, you are also asked to join the Conference Services Team at times to help out with their events (registration, packaging, hosting activities), which changes all the time. Management was always supportive and amazing, they become good friends as you really do rely on each other. The hardest part of the job was finding a good time to actually take a vacation as I was the only Coordinator for my managers. In order to take a vacation I would have needed to find a replacement coordinator who was willing to take on all the extra tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, the office environment, the perks and the fact that I was living in Jasper!
Pros
Amazing benefits and perks!
Cons
May be difficult to move up in city properties
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment where there is a lot going on. I learned leadership skills when working with a large group of people and taking charge.
Pros
I ate for free
Cons
I started out at the age of 18 as a dish washer and within 4 years have advanced to Head Storekeeper. I was given the experience to make executive decisions that was fully supported by upper management. Working their helped to refine important skills that will help me out in the future.
Pros
cheap rent pay deducted
Cons
did not make enough
Fairmont provides all the tools one needs to drive their career forward. The support and training they provide colleagues gives them the ability to drive company goals. Each day is a challenging balance of pressures and rewards. The culture of the company fosters a feeling of teamwork and family
Pros
Superior Benefits package
Cons
Remote Locations
Good company with nice perks. Beautiful location and good product. Opportunities for advancement & education. Some red tape and politics, as expected within a larger company.
As a housekeeping supervisor I was in charge of a team of room attendants. I would inspect all rooms to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues were up to standard.
I worked as a banquet server for summer 2015, great management wonderful colleagues. Live on property, cheap living in Jasper National Park. Awesome biking and hiking
Pros
Cheap living
Cons
you share a bedroom with a roommate
A great place to learn how to work in the food and beverage industry. Seasonal staff lots of turn around which gave me great experience in building a team from scratch once every six months.
hate my worse experience as a massage therapist and i would never accept a job at the fairmont again
Pros
room and board
Cons
mismanaged
I usually coordinate with the supervisors and front desk about the readiness of the room, do the turn down sheet, handle & mail to the guest their lost/found items.
Pros
meal is free
Cons
always work beyond hours if busy