Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Fairmont Hot Springs, BC

Great work environment & co-workers, beautiful building and amenities!! I really learned alot and developed great spa therapist skills!! Team work counts and the resort management did alot to build a strong team spirit!! Their training opportunities for employees is really too!! Hardest part, needing an onsite manager. The most enjoyable part was enhancing & enjoying my skills!!
Pros
great food, staff pass to resort amenities
Cons
conflict in management
Great place to work, amazing team. Would recommend to anyone, lovely first job to have had. Good experience to start out with, and amazing life skills learned
Fairmont Resort is a wonderful place to live and visit. The job offers they have a varied and everchanging. The reason for this is because the management is weak and stupid. The heads of the company are great and personable but your average shift leaders are the problems. The majority of them live in the area and while they are die hard company people they will not listen to your suggestions and will constantly take shortcuts and create issues through incompetency. Fundamentally blame flows downhill and new hires will always take the flak from this expect yourself to be fired and rehired at the end of your probationary periods so as they can save the company money from having you get severance or job security. If you are there just to experience the mountains and live in the area and live pretty care free that all said and done the jobs are pretty typical and normal its a great location and the work isnt dangerous for the most part. Many people are great to work with however if any of the women leaders feel threatened by your skills, work ethic, or in the case of females your prettier than they are, expect to be the scapegoat for several of the petty old women. It didn't happen to me personally but I saw multiple people in tears because of some of those women.
its a very nice and comfortable place to work for. They make you feel welcome and they point you in the right direction.They make sure that you understand everything.
It was a super fun place to work and if you get a chance do it. The people that woork in FAirmont are very sweet and amazing people. Please go out and try it.
Pros
Free snowboarding, Free swinging, 40 percent of of things
Cons
Was a good job to work. I have been in Canada for 1 year and worked all the time over there. I like soo much the time that I was there. I wanna work with the same job.
Pros
free condution
Cons
I enjoyed working with this company, they worked with me when i needed help as well as I helped them. We worked well as a team. And for the last 2 yrs working there I meet some great people. The food was good. I would go to the restaurant there and eat somethings.
it is a good place to work overall the management is great and the work is easygoing. i would definitely recommend working here if you are seeking employment in the fairmont area
Pros
free lunch
Cons
N/a
I am pleased to say Fairmont Hot Springs was the best place I had ever worked for. A typical day at work would be to sign in, get your assignment sheet and key for the day, grab stock for linen closet, go to your floor, stock up your closet and cart, and work accordingly depending upon assignment sheet. I have learned that working here is not as crazy as it would be in a any other city hotel. I also have learned to master my job with having deep cleaning introduced to my schedule. Management was the best to work for, always looked out for their workers, bore empathy, and was very fair to each person within every department. Co-workers were also great, easy to get along with,. The hardest part of the job where slow days where there wasn't much to do, and you had to find things to do if management didn't have anything for you to do. My most enjoyable part of the job was that our employers interacted with us all of the time; they encouraged us within and outside of our roles. They treated us like family!
Pros
free soup lunches, great discounts throughout resort on food and merchandise
Cons
You're only allowed to live in Staff accomodation for a year, its hard to find permanent residency here.
12345 I'm stumped on this question. It's a good place to be in Everyone's like family.....Pros and cons Are different for everyone .
Pros
Sports passes, swim, ski, golf, discounts at Fairmont .
Cons
Varies on there own person
My experience working there was awesome for the most part. The manager in my department and HR Manger need a lot more refined in their people skills as well as effective communication. Sometimes, "some" managers can get pretty nasty towards how they treat staff, and allowed to get away with it. Very friendly atmosphere among employees. Free lunch on shift, but you get what you pay for (leftovers and soup, mostly) Needed to get creative for entertainment beyond alcohol when not on shift. Ignoring the bad elements, my experience at Fairmont was a memorable one The GM is not afraid to head into one of the departments like the Housekeeping department and work a shift
Pros
Discounts, gorgeous location, shuttle to work, free lunch
Cons
No shuttle from work for day workers, lunch is usually leftovers, management can get pretty nasty towards employees at times
lots of fun, great people. Its a lifestyle living in the mountains
Learnt a lot during my time at resort. Had a good time good people to work with.
This job was a great experience for me over the summer. I made lots of friends, had lots of fun, had good adventures, and got to explore a new part of Canada. My typical day at work would consist of me:-Arriving at Work-Start folding laundry-Break-Run errands for department manager-Free Lunch-Proceed with the rest of the day by folding laundry, running machines, cleaning-Break-Go back to work-Go home at 5:00
Pros
good hours, free lunches, decent pay
Cons
bad working environment
There are many jobs available through Fairmont Hot Springs Resort; I worked as Guest Services and two of the Resort's golf courses. A typical day (although one 8hr shift would not cover all of this) would first consist of pulling golf carts out of the shed. You then would help guests put their bags on the golf carts, supply them with water, and help in whatever ways you could. You would pick the range with a range picking vehicle when necessary. At night, all of the golf carts would be washed and stored back in the sheds. You would be responsible for ensuring several buildings and amenities were locked before leaving.
Pros
free lunch, great coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
seasonal hours