Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

A great place to work. I have never worked at a friendlier place. You do not find the normal whinging that you find at most other jobs. A real positive team atmosphere.
Good benefits difficult to have a work life balance great discounts on meals and accommodation good company to work for diverse location Good benefits
I was in the kitchen for 5 years. As demanding as it was, the rewards and benefits were great. Colleagues were amazing. High energy pace where everyone works together to ensure high quality results.
Pros
Great Pension, Benefits and Travel perks
Cons
Like any job, some days are better than others.
Fairmont gives you the opportunity to provide above industry average service and offers guests some hotel experiences that are unmatched in hospitality. Management are dedicated to staying ahead of industry trends and allow staff access to training in these trends.
Pros
Complimentary staff cafeterias and greatly reduced hotel stays
Money is good, pay is good , great benefits, older crowd, they have a strong union, everything goes by seniority so it sucks when u are in the bottom of the list.
During my working days at Fairmont Palliser I never felt discomfort from day 1 up to my last day, Being away from your loved ones is very difficult , but everytime and every moment at work is so very special to me .You have a chance to meet and greet some very famous personalities and that experience is very rewarding for me.
Great place to work! Amazing benefits, culture. Team Building! Growth and development is always a Focus at Fairmont Resorts and Hotels. Able to travel and work was a plus!
Daily inventory Ensuring all servers were meeting the quality of the hotel Till/deposits Serving customers Maintaining clean and professional workplace
Given tasks and responsibilities which helped me to grow and learn how the hospitality industry works. I really enjoyed organizing dining experiences for guests daily, as well as other special events.
Good Company and Benefits. Have a chance to enhance your ability and career path. People i worked in this company is very helpful and always have team work.
Worst management with very poor work ethics. Not up to Fairmont Standards. Not a lot of room for development. Favoritism is very visible throughout.
I love structure. They told me how to do it and why they do it that way. Just waiting for the right opportunity to work for this company again.
I loved this place but the lack of ability to advance and the hard hours pushed me away. Paid great though and people I worked with were fantastic. Rarely got more than two days notice on the next weeks schedule and regularly worked overnights mixed with days. Often was required to work six days a week but this meant double pay and more tips.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Varied schedule, late nights
Fairmont Palliser provides a productive and feel good enviroment. They support and promote internal hiring and promotion with tons of learning oppertunities.
Pros
Corporate Culture
Cons
As a Night Auditor, I started my shift from 11pm to 7am sometimes later if need be. My team and I checked in guests and then balance spreadsheets from the different departments in the hotel for the accounting department. I learnt a great deal about other areas of service and how to collaborate to provide well rounded service. In a team with two others agents we learnt to depend on each other and work efficiently. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a healthy lifestyle since the human body is not meant to stay awake all night and dealing with overbookings. The most enjoyable aspect was the flexibility to offer outstanding customer service.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Staying late
Well organized and it takes full concentration being a hotel attendant
Pros
later
Cons
9:00 to 10pm
This position was short but very rewarding. Lots was learned here in a very fast paced/challenging environment.
As a former employee of the fairmont Palliser hotel, I can tell you not to waste your time applying for this company. All the departments are terrible. In my department, my manager never conducted evaluations of staff performance... and said daily that our performance was excellent. When I went to transfer to another property my manager insisted he would give me a positive reference... then (after transferring; and behind my back) told my new (potential) employers I was terrible (against the law). It is a unionized environment. There is A LOT of unethical work practices going on here. There is also unsafe work being performed. No safety meetings. EVER. Terrible managers, No training. Dead end job at its finest. The company lies to your face. They allow workers who have been there for 30 plus years to use foul language and disrespect you.. only because such employees are so deep in their union seniority that it is impossible to terminate that employee. they use foreign workers to complete work in the palliser and manipulate workers by threatening to send them back to their home countries if they do not co operate completely. What about workers out east IN CANADA who are desperate for work? I'm glad I quit. It is was a waste of time working there. I'm sure you'll have the same experience. Dishonest managers. Unethical company. No advancement. Authority figures stealing your personal possessions without being disciplined. awful experience.
Pros
Cheap accomodation
Cons
everything
I was only hired part time at this hotel,which resulted in my time there being short because I needed more working hours for myself. When I was working I had a great soild team of people who made the time at work go by fast.