Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in Banff, AB

Great work life balance and amazing people to work with in the Guest services department. They understand and encourage activities outside of work and try and let you have the best work life balance along with other amazing perks from the hotel. My favourite employer hands down.
Pros
Fun staff including team members and management, great work life balance, unreal starting salary, lots of growth potential, beautiful place to work, free staff cafeteria
Cons
Can get a bit stressful but you have support from your team- can sometimes be boring but again, you work with an amazing crew
there are a ton of job opportunities within the hotel and if you work for the fairmont then you have the chance to travel to different resorts for a very affordable price
lots of people to learn from, fun and enjoyable workplace
Pros
free meal
Cons
i came to work/live in banff as an 18 year old. my experience with this job was extremely negative. the hours are all over the place and inconsistent, mostly 3 am finishes. work life flexibility is a no go here, your life is the roster. Hard work is hard get recognized for. Extremely intollerent of accidents and minor performance issues, (personally) was fired on my 3 months for a minor tardiness issue. if you would like to be submissive, have your head down and just have a pure work life in an amazing destination then stewarding is for you. Not for people who want to see banff.
Pros
free food, get lucky with meeting cool people, accom
Cons
non-flexible, inconsistent hours, poor training, intolerant, not for young travellers!!!!
Fast paced environment and the hotel is extremely busy in the summer months. The hotel is in a beautiful location in Canada and I would recommend people to go!
Fairmont is the company I've worked for, the longest in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the company. I'd like to stay with them if possible, if a job that interests me comes up during my search, I'll certainly apply.
Pros
Free lunches, Salary, Benefits, Company Culture
Learned the Canadian service Standards. the Fairmont banff Spring has a good and fair insurance for their employees. Management is fair. Hours is just too short because of the broken schedule in the restaurant.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Short Hours
Typically, this company will say that they promote a healthy home / work life balance but I don't believe it to be true. I realize it is a business and they want to make money, however it seems challenged. I believe they are headed in the right direction with the purchase of Accor though
Pros
free lunch, laundry
Cons
long hours, no support, encouragement
I had a great experience working for Fairmont, as an international company there is a lot of room for growth and advancement. You have many opportunities available to you here and I would highly recommend it.
love working there, nice colleges, nice environment, plus good pay, i like working there in summer time, it is so beautiful there. but it will be super busy in summer time
Simplemente la major,travajo divertido con mucho respeto mutuo
Pros
si
Cons
Los contratos de solo 4 ans
banff alberta is beautiful. the golf course and staff were very friendly and hardworking. there is a disconnect however, between upper management and seasonal staff
It's not too bad living here in Banff when it feels a lot like paradise. It's so easy going into your workplace when you know you'll have a great time and make great connections.
I enjoyed working at Fairmont Banff Spring hotel as I worked as a banquet server, the department was very big and we had 75 employees working. My management team was experienced and it was great experience to work with them. I learned to set up a room for an event and set buffet for the event.
I have no complains while working with Fairmont Banf Springs. The relationships with the other staff is exceptional and the benefits are to die for at the spa.
The Quest was a great opportunity to learn about the art world. The gallery was always acquiring new pieces, so I was always in training mode. I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers, but I was mainly working independently. I think the most challenging part about working there would have to be the hours. The schedule was constantly changing, so it was hard to plan ahead. That being said, I very much enjoyed the atmosphere and the constant stimulation to learn.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
start at 5:30am -2pm are the consitannt hours. have learned big production, to work more efficiently and clean. learn how to teach and show others new things. to be more creative. co-workers are great to work with and that is a key component. hardest part of the job, is to do the same things every day, I need a little variation per day. most enjoyable is to make the guests truly happy.
Pros
get time off when wanted, also comes with great health benitits
Cons
Don't get sundays off.