Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Happiness score is 78 out of 100Above average

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,930 reviews

Very productive and very great place to work

I love working in a Fairmont hotel I really want to go back there I love my supervisors I learned so many things there it was really a pleasure working with the team love you Fairmont

Pros

Yes i always have free lunch and breakfast

Cons

I was working full-time

The Best Place To Work

Yes, Fairmont Ajman one of the best places to wor a d one of the best resorts for guests to stay and enjoy their holidays and staycation.The hotel management strictly implementing COVID-19 Guidelines without fail.

Pros

Free meals.

Cons

All is well no pros.

Very busy place,Poor ventilation .Favoritism .!!! Untrustworthy coworkers.!!

Poor management support. unfair support shown to one person.workplaces are filthy.Dirtiest Work Place I ever worked.Beware of Backstabbing Coworkers !Destructive workplace behavior at some point.Aggressive behavior of Coworkers.Deceitful, sneaky, vengeful, nasty place..!!!Poor Health & Safety ...Communication on health and safety "Does not exist"Dirty cutlery and holders..!!!

Pros

free food.

Cons

Very unpleasant colleagues.! "Nasty People "

Fun place to work

I was happy to work there except the commute and my new schedule they provide me. I was working morning shift only due to kids schedule and they offered me to work different schedules that means some days day sometime night and weekend. That’s the reason I don’t want to back. But, I worked for very long time because I like my work place.

Executive team has no idea what it is doing.

Loved my managers, they did the best they could to make the job bearable. That being said, their bosses gave them nothing to work with and always expected better results and that meant I was also given nothing to work with and was constantly pushed for impossible results.

Your hard work will always be noticed,but not always compensated

I loved this job so much , I just wished being good at your job didnt prevent you from changing positions or departments. I would 100 percent recommend it

Pros

Provided lunch, tickets or passes to holiday event, pays

Cons

Can be very long hours, inconsistent schedule, hard physical job

Great place depends on Upper Management

While the upper management is full of thoughtful and caring individuals who inspire and lead the workers this is one of the best places to work. Under poor upper management it is a sinking ship.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

If management is horrible your whole work day will be horrible

Super

Fairmont a un milieu de travail exceptionnel, une formation complète, personnel motivé, programme au employé complet, Direction et gestionnaire à l’écoute de ses employés.

Pros

Direction exceptionnelle

Cons

Aucun

Very busy, mammoth banquets of +2500 people. But busy in an exciting way full of learning. Managers were extremely supportive an accommodating.

Management is very supportive. You learn about different aspects of the hotel industry, the food and beverage industry, etc. The only downside is I was working only on-call. A family emergency forced me out of the city of San José, so I couldn’t keep accumulating merit but I’m sure I would have probably gotten a full time job, had I persisted.

Pros

Excellent free lunch

Cons

Difficult to secure a full-time job through the union. full time.

Feel motivated oriented having fun and safe.

Having fun Feel motivated safe and satisfied all programs and benefits for colleague for family they provide free accommodations for 35 days Visa hotel ang tour

Pros

Enjoying every moment, fun fabulous and memorable

Cons

Enough hours of duties for daily bases

Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Great People

Great hotel with top-notch food and beverage offering. Hotel ownership takes care of this hotel despite its age. Unfortunately, when COVID hit, lots of good people lost their jobs and moved on to other things or never returned. This changed the dynamic of the hotel - was never the same.

Productive and people are happy to work with a place called fairmont family.

A very friendly manangement to colleague. Fair treatment, even we our in different culture. A well known company. Consider as fairmont & Raffles family.

Empowering and accountable workplace.

I have worked in hospitality for 15+ years. I can not say enough good thing regarding my experience working at the Fairmont Chicago. There are so many amazing and talented people throughout the company. I always felt encouraged and empowered to learn and grow. There were always opportunities for advancement if you worked hard and committed yourself. My department managers were incredible. I always felt like they were invested in my future with the company. There was true work life balance. I came across so many amazing people willing to put time and effort in building themselves, as well as others, to create solid teams throughout the hotel. I hope to return to the Fairmont and work with the Accor Brand again in the future.

Pros

Free lunch, work life balance

Cons

Not enough locations

One of the best Hotel in the whole world a place where you feel like home..

One of the best and reputable hotel in the whole world..the hotel was a place to work like home...best destination and for a vacation place..A Fair Management, hardest part of the job was during peak season or summer when a lot of Events Groups and more occupancy. You won't have enough rest when busy time...and the best thing more work more money...

Rewarding luxury company

Lots of growth opportunities and very high tips for servers and bartenders. High stress atmosphere with weak teamwork between hosts, bartenders, busses, servers etc. Can be very challenging but still make amazing money.

Pros

Union, benefits, high tips

Cons

Short breaks, long shifts, stressful because of lack of organization

Working at the Fairmont is very family oriented. I really enjoyed my time there. The pay is very good and management really tries hard to accommodate you. Yearly galas to win prizes, lots of incentives and great hotel discounts.

Pros

Free lunch, good pay and benefits, incentives

Cons

Overwhelming at times

Excellent company

I truly enjoyed working here. The spa management was great, I enjoyed the company culture and travel/dining benefits and the spa/atmosphere was beautiful. Fun group of coworkers and I felt appreciated. Could be really fast paced on the weekends but liked being busy.

Pros

Hotel Discounts and benefits, free lunch, compensation

Cons

Parking offsite

Great Place to work overall

It was a great and wonderful experience working for Fairmont, and honestly I really would love to work for them again one day, it's one of the best community environment there to work in. You are always engage in doing something community wise, lots of activities to keep you motivated, I have lots of great memories working there over the years, each department have their own goals to achieve, and sometimes you are rewarded for doing so, it's a excellent company that I can recommend for anyone of course, it's all up to you for making the best and takes nothing for granted.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say, it's an amazing place to work for anyone

Productive and fun workplace

Constantly training, benchmarking, and striving to be the leader in the industry. Hawaii is such a beautiful place to work.Balmy breezes caress your face and palm trees sway as you walk through the property.

Pros

Excellent cafeteria food

Cons

Cafeteria too small

Productive and fun place to work at

Great company i loved the location of the hotel, plenty of restaurants and attractions to recommend for nearby guests. Management is supportive, beautiful work environment

Pros

Cons

Inconsistent schedule

Fairmont is an excellent company

In the world of customer service fairmont does everything very well. Of course the guests will always come first, but the company vision, dedication, and drive is something that helps you feels you are really part of something bigger than yourself.

Pros

Good management, fun team atmosphere, good company

Cons

Long hours (expected), guests treat you poorly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2