Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Work place is terrible, not safe environment

Hello, I have decided to take a job working in a kitchen. I thought it would be a good place working at the Fairmont Lake Louise. It is a good place, beautiful and wild nature. Beautiful hotel. But I would search more and think a few times before going there. Please, I am writing this review for you as it could be damaging coming here. The environment at the kitchen is unsafe, no sanitary, that can be very bad for your health. Because of the season and a lot of tourists at the hotel and its full. That's why the workers are not able to keep the kitchen clean, everything is desolving and spreading the toxins into your system. The machine is not cleaning properly and you have to do a job twice or even more before the grease will be removed. It has a bad smell and still has a lot of fat on it. The management is terrible, they do not listen and they shout and making it as your fault. The floors are full of water and they are also covered in fat which makes it easy to slip and get an injure. At the place where you have to live with your coworkers always will be a party. They do drags and alcohol. No one cares. There is no peace. No privacy. Girls were bringing the guys into a room for a night.

Pros

new people, experience

Cons

unsafe

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Family oriented .

I love working in this company! This is the company i want to retire. . The workingEnvironment is awesome! You will feel valued and repected. I love the people working here.
Same role

good place to work

At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
Same location

Colleagues will throw you under bus

My experience was very cutthroat with this company. I felt like I was killing myself only to get thrown under the bus by my boss on multiple occasions. The company protects people in high management positions and doesn’t care about anyone else. THE MOST TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.

Pros

Health benefits and free meals

Cons

No recognition for hard work, toxic work environment, HR ignores complaints, overloaded with work, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2