Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

12 February 2014
• Maintained company policies and supervised 25 stewards and 16 servers in 4 kitchens/restaurants to ensure the highest level of customer service for celebrities and tourists. Also met with management on a weekly basis to present all successes and concerns. • Assessed all events in great detail and complied with company procedures to make sure all clients were served and highest level of standards was met at all times. • Performed daily or nightly auditing and ensured all employees schedules and reports were complete and always to the management’s expectation as well as discussed employee concerns. • Registered or cancelled client reservations and informed clients of all amenities and the many tourist attractions in the area. Also inspected every employees work to ensure accuracy to company standards and/or special needs as well as V.I.P. requests.
3.0Job security/advancement
21 January 2021
Same role
Hotel Steward (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I love working in this company! This is the company i want to retire. . The workingEnvironment is awesome! You will feel valued and repected. I love the people working here.
21 January 2020
Same role
Steward (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
23 March 2021
Same location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) - Lake Louise, AB
My experience was very cutthroat with this company. I felt like I was killing myself only to get thrown under the bus by my boss on multiple occasions. The company protects people in high management positions and doesn’t care about anyone else. THE MOST TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Pros
Health benefits and free meals
Cons
No recognition for hard work, toxic work environment, HR ignores complaints, overloaded with work, etc.
  1. With the great responsible of this position came great learning opportunities. Fast paced environment.