Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

undefeatable benefits packages

The housekeeping department is the biggest department in the hotel, however the department head is not as good as expected. Work load was never manageable (before covid) , its even worse after covid cos the standard is ridiculously high (we know we need to be extra careful to implement covid protocols, but it's already beyond our capability and the leaders were asking for more), and keep putting lots of pressure on everyone. Work and life is never balanced. Work always comes first, they told you they care about work life balance which is actually not true. When it's busy, you ask for help, no one comes. When it's not busy, they ask you to do extra work or they would just cancel your shifts. When it's a hectic departure day, they require everyone to work as a team to get through, even though it was your day off, they changed your schedule less than a day (the schedule was posted for a week already) and forced you to come to work (and you can't say no because they need you to work) and gave you another day off. However, when you need help, the leader would tell you that's your job, and you have to complete the assignments by yourself unless someone finishes early, they could possibly send help however its not happening. It will be too stressful for newbies and that's why we have really high turnover rate. If you are looking for advancement in this department, I would recommend you to transfer to other departments cos it's all about popularity and favoritism. Its not about what you are capable of doing, how well you are good at the job, it's about how you act and what you say -

Pros

free lunch, cheap housing, great extended benefits

Cons

department mismanagement, disqualified leaders

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Happy Place to work peaceful

This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.

Pros

Free lunch and Dinner even snack.

Cons

Just 8 hours
Same role

Good company, good wages but stressful work.

The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much pressure
Same location

Nothing good about Whistler’s location

Hands down the worst work environment I have ever worked in. The entire hotel puts money before it’s employees. Mental health is not only neglected but you are shamed if you bring it up. Please avoid the Fairmont Chateau Whistler at all cost. I am still recovering from the constant mental health break downs that this employer brought upon me. Save your self and find an employer that is building you up and teaches you about hospitality and all the amazing adventures it has to offer. Working here you will learn all the wrong ways.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, no mental health help, toxic work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2