Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Management doesn't care when you come with concerns

7 July 2017
Multiple times was ignored when needed assistance. They contradict themselves and don't want to allow a transfer. They don't do their job and throw the problems at you. Worked overtimes and never was appreciated or paid. When you go against their wishes, they threaten to fire.
2.0Job security/advancement
21 January 2021
Same role
Hotel Steward (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I love working in this company! This is the company i want to retire. . The workingEnvironment is awesome! You will feel valued and repected. I love the people working here.
21 January 2020
Same role
Steward (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
23 March 2021
Same location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) - Lake Louise, AB
My experience was very cutthroat with this company. I felt like I was killing myself only to get thrown under the bus by my boss on multiple occasions. The company protects people in high management positions and doesn’t care about anyone else. THE MOST TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Pros
Health benefits and free meals
Cons
No recognition for hard work, toxic work environment, HR ignores complaints, overloaded with work, etc.
  1. Management doesn't care when you come with concerns