Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Great Place to work overall

It was a great and wonderful experience working for Fairmont, and honestly I really would love to work for them again one day, it's one of the best community environment there to work in. You are always engage in doing something community wise, lots of activities to keep you motivated, I have lots of great memories working there over the years, each department have their own goals to achieve, and sometimes you are rewarded for doing so, it's a excellent company that I can recommend for anyone of course, it's all up to you for making the best and takes nothing for granted.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say, it's an amazing place to work for anyone

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Working at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise has its ups and downs

I worked at the Chateau Lake Louise for a year and a half. I worked two different positions within the time I applied to the time I left, and they both gave me great experience and I definitely learned a lot. I will tell you right now, if you want a stress free, and drama free work place, this isn’t the place for you. Although I enjoyed the time I spent in Lake Louise there were a lot of things that were communicated to management that were never actually dealt with, or just simply ignored. I never personally had any problems with anyone I worked with but the amount of incidents that happened because of improper communication between the managers and team members was very concerning. I found in my position, we definitely had to do things for other people that wasn’t our job, and I find you really get thrown into things and expect to just learn things right off the bat. This definitely depends on which department you are in though. The main issue with living in Lake Louise was the staff accommodation. My unit had a mouse problem, which I found out that it was two different building that were infested with mice not just mine. They didn’t do anything about it and eventually after reaching out to someone for the 5th time, I finally got help. Units are also filled with black mold and it is just not healthy to live there. Landlords can be very unwilling to listen to your issues or concerns about the place, but they are very certain on kicking people out whenever they get the chance (I wasn’t kicked out just from what I seen in the time I was there) the corporation is a lot about making -

Pros

Experience

Cons

Unsafe/unhealthy living accommodations, low pay, lack of communication
Same role

Amazing Place

The place is awesome. I had the best summer of my life, and it was easily probably the most impactful experience of my life thus far. I would definitely go back!!!

Pros

Long Hours, Great Pay
Same location

Productive, collaborative and friendly work environment. I have developed my skills, knowledge through my work place and colleagues.

Friendly work environment. Experienced colleagues.Cooperative, helpful and Experienced managers.Great employee Benefit.Historical work place to work with one of the best hotel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2