Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Great place to start off my hospitality career

It was a great first hospitality job. I loved working with my team. The corporate culture after working there for a bit changed, and I felt like the hotel was more concerned with money than the employees.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good Team, Work Environment, Management

The Fairmont have an amazing team to work alongside. It is enjoyable to work in a team in the Fairmont Hotel. The Management team is good in the Fairmont and they are extremely helpful and approachable. They push you to do your best and offer so many opportunities to enhance your skillset. The Fairmont offer a good work-life balance. There is a lot of open communication between team members and managers. Hard work is always acknowledged in the Fairmont and praised.

Benefits
Same location

Good company, good wages but stressful work.

The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much pressure
Same location

great and talent team/culture

overall not a bad company. extended benefit is pretty basic with pension plan. The company promotes collaborating culture with good training system. Unfortunately the management team is not always leaders of the example. Some top management team member have no hospitality background and don't understand the company's policy.Dealing with demanding customers plus rotating shifts can make work more stressful. not a work/life balance type of job unless you are at the top of seniority.

Pros

free lunch and extended benefit

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2