Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Happiness score is 78 out of 100Above average
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Great location for a quick change of scenery but thats about it

I worked for the Fairmont for nearly 2 years and I was so excited to get started here. I wanted to move up with the brand and start my career here and learn more as a barista. Unfortunately for me, their standards of hot drinks they serve to guests are baseline Tim Hortons when I was expecting 5 star baristas. After about 6 months there and having helped train my managers that came into my department I quickly realized there was no opportunity for advancement in my position at all. When I brought this up with the executives, I was told I could switch positions in the hotel but that I couldn't move upward. That was fine and I accepted the position as something that gave me time to explore the mountains and more importantly use those amazing Fairmont benefits, but once the world shut down this company's problems really became clear. I was brought back to help reopen the hotel and it was a disaster. We were understaffed from the moment we opened to the day I left. The managers refused to hire qualified staff and short cut our departments so the other ones would have more staff even though our sales and guest count was through the roof. We had no management most days, and there was no one present to manage the number of people coming into the café and ensure that they were wearing their masks. I was honestly scared to go to work most days, wondering if guests yelling at me about the rules were going to give me the virus. I was ridiculed for bringing up concerns with management about these issues. Even when we had an outbreak at one of our restaurants because of a guest who had -

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast paced work place with a lot of fun

is a good place to work with a lot of fun but very stressful on some situation or almost everyday wit interaction with guest from all around the world you have many many nice and beautiful moments and also few awkward moments ,in resume with pros an cont is a fun nice place to work , I'm looking for something different in my life and living Fairmont because hours and seniority polices.

Pros

cafeteria in the work place

Cons

hard to improve your career
Same role

Work environment is fun

Fairmont gives a better quality of life. Balanced and little bit less stress working there comparatively. Everyone gets chances to do the right thing. Benefits and perks and good Too. Altogether the best place to work with.

Pros

Good food and 50%off on food and beverage if you stay in other fairmont hotels

Cons

Shifts according seniority
Same location

Colleagues will throw you under bus

My experience was very cutthroat with this company. I felt like I was killing myself only to get thrown under the bus by my boss on multiple occasions. The company protects people in high management positions and doesn’t care about anyone else. THE MOST TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.

Pros

Health benefits and free meals

Cons

No recognition for hard work, toxic work environment, HR ignores complaints, overloaded with work, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

1K

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Fairmont Hotels & Resorts with

• Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
  • Great location for a quick change of scenery but thats about it