Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Good company bad management

10 September 2018
The culture, benefits, salary and perks are definitely worth it. Free meals, access to lots of amenities and truly great benefits. As a room attendant the work was labour heavy and too meticulous for me. I found the management to be unsupportive, manipulative and lacked leadership qualities. I would have stayed longer and put up with the actual work if I felt better supported by management.
4.0Job security/advancement
8 April 2021
Same role
Room Attendant (Current Employee) - 100 Front st. West
This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.
Pros
Free lunch and Dinner even snack.
Cons
Just 8 hours
30 March 2021
Same role
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much pressure
7 March 2021
Same location
Health Club Attendant (Former Employee) - Whistler, BC
Hands down the worst work environment I have ever worked in. The entire hotel puts money before it’s employees. Mental health is not only neglected but you are shamed if you bring it up. Please avoid the Fairmont Chateau Whistler at all cost. I am still recovering from the constant mental health break downs that this employer brought upon me. Save your self and find an employer that is building you up and teaches you about hospitality and all the amazing adventures it has to offer. Working here you will learn all the wrong ways.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, no mental health help, toxic work environment.