Fairmont Hotels & Resorts logo
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Energitic and fast pace environemt to work

A typical day at work would consist of an opening meeting with management and all staff, to discuss any important daily news and special guest information. Then staff would get their day organized by setting up the cleaning cart full of all amenities required, and head up to the working floor for the day. During my time with The Fairmont Chateau Whistler I have learned the value of time management as well setting a high standard of cleanliness to satisfy guest needs. I have also learned that I take great value in Management that respects and honors their staff. The workplace culture in the housekeeping department was on the lower side as most staff felt they were not able to voice their opinion as well were being pressured in areas of development. The hardest part of working in the housekeeping department was the stress induced on the body during the day. I found that the equipment required to succeed in our job was very heavy and at times not working properly, putting large amounts of stress on the body. The requirements to get as many rooms cleaned as quickly as possible also would put a lot of stress on health as there was a pressure to get the job done as quickly as possible. Although there were hard parts to the job I found the most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people that I was ale to meet from around the world. I was able to meet guests and other employees that would share stories from their homes and adventures, and this made the daily work day great.

Pros

free daily meal

Cons

long daily working hours

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Happy Place to work peaceful

This Hotel Fairmont Royal York is the my work place that i can keep for ever, People who work with me are all Professional, polite,kind, and very respectful to each and every one.

Pros

Free lunch and Dinner even snack.

Cons

Just 8 hours
Same role

Good company, good wages but stressful work.

The colleagues there are mostly nice and supportive, with a few exceptions.Fairmont is an excellent company but the work is overwhelming the majority of the days. Always finished the days feeling drained and with no energy last to spend with my family.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much pressure
Same location

Nothing good about Whistler’s location

Hands down the worst work environment I have ever worked in. The entire hotel puts money before it’s employees. Mental health is not only neglected but you are shamed if you bring it up. Please avoid the Fairmont Chateau Whistler at all cost. I am still recovering from the constant mental health break downs that this employer brought upon me. Save your self and find an employer that is building you up and teaches you about hospitality and all the amazing adventures it has to offer. Working here you will learn all the wrong ways.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, no mental health help, toxic work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2