Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
View all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

A very lavish place to babysit

The weekend to weekend hours was fairly good, especially because I am still in school. I learned about the workplace culture, everyone was very kind. The managers were very respectful and treated everyone equally.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Worst management I have ever worked for.

I have worked for over 10 years in hospitality/customer service industry. The management was hands down the worst. They cared more about their overall appearance then helping out the staff in the bar/restaurant. Management would walk over to the bar from the kitchen to yell at the bartenders and serving staff to go run food from where they just came from. They wouldnt help clear tables, serve or run food which is by definition the job of management to assist the floor staff. Management would yell at the bar team during the busy rushes to move faster causing more chaos for the staff. My anxiety and stress levels were so high working at the Fairmont I had to get put on anti-anxiety medication by my doctor. I started to have such bad stomach issues that the doctors could only discribe as IBS as they could not diagnose the cause. Which turned out to be again due to the stress levels of working at the Fairmont. The ONLY reason I stuck out as long as I could (2 years) was due to the Benefits and discounts staff would receive staying at any other Fairmont location.

Pros

Staff discounts at other fairmonts, above minimum wage pay.

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, horrible management, high stress levels
Same location

Awesome workplace because of awesome hardworking hospitable people.

Awesome workplace because of awesome hardworking hospitable people. We take care of people and create awesome memories for guests and co workers alike.

Good place

Good place to, it is a very nice building with a calm and friendly atmosphere. The hotel is a stone building looking at the river shore. Nice location downtown.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

1K

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Fairmont Hotels & Resorts with

• Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
  • A very lavish place to babysit
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?