Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Information from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Canada545 reviews
Fun workplace
It is an amazing place to work, everyone there is super kind. Everyone there loves what they do and is super passionate. You learn a lot from being around the people there and are well supported.
Worst work environment
I have never had a work place as bad as the Mallard Lounge at the Fairmont in Whistler. As a junior server you are very poorly tipped (the senior servers keep 99% of it and the managers do nothing about it), over worked, and have no say. The physical work is unbearable and way more than what they say in the job description. Because of the way the junior staff were treated I will never recommend anyone I know to work there or even stay there asa guest
Pros
Whistler was beautiful
Cons
Everything about the job
Amazing place to work and grow your career
A company based on values and development, coupled with a major focus on luxury service for all guests. Wonderful opportunities for those starting out in their careers as well as executives that want to take the next step in hospitality.
Underpaid/Undervalued
While the work itself can be demanding and taxing at times. The colleagues you work with are what makes this place worth staying at. Senior management is out of touch with mid management and below. They will dangle promotions over you and often give them to the ones most eager and willing to take for low money. Never have I seen soo many director positions created just to keep talent that could make more elsewhere.
Good place to work and live
You gotta try it for yourself life changing.
Boss are amazing and take care of there workers all ways around to talk if things get hard expsoly being in such a iceoled place
Fun team
It was a great time at Fairmont. Loved the benefits of cheap hotels wherever I go, and they were great employees. Very accomodating as a student and offered full-time employment during summers
Great Perks.
Really helpful working environment. It does not matter if you work part time or full time the perks are same for both which makes me really happy as I van only work here part time until I get my working visa.
Environnement de travail qui surpasse les attentes
Environnement de travail qui surpasse les attentes.
Great Culture
The developement opportunities are excellent. It is easy to move around and see different parts of the world, or country. Everyone who works there shares the same work ethic.
Pros
Great Benefits, Duty meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great Environment
The working environment at the fairmont jasper park lodge is very fun and very rewarding, for me it was a great way to learn to live on my own and meet new people.
Nice leaderships, good employee's restaurant, friendly workplace
Fairmont Hotel is a good choice to work in the hotel industry. They offer completely employee's benefits such as shoes and massage for you and accommodation.
And you will have a friendly workplace for working and a good employee's restaurant for free meals per day.
Fast paced, interesting place
- a typical day: check work requests, perform work.
- what I learned: time management, work-life balance

- management: good enough for workers, go above and beyond for guests.

- workplace culture: very inclusive, lots of events

- the hardest part of the job: not getting fat from all the treats

- the most enjoyable part: the treats and appreciation for a job well done.
Good pay but toxic environment
I have friends working at different property and they enjoyed the work. So I applied at a different property when I saw they were hiring. Pay is good but the work environment is very toxic and no one seem to be happy working there (they only stay for money and benefits). The management doesnt have an idea what they are doing and are not helpful. I didnt get any training, and when i brought it up to my supervisor they said I would have to figure it out on my own and they didnt get any training aswell. There turn around
is very high. supervisor th
Very good place to work
Fairmont is a very competitive in all aspect. The best place to work in an hospitality industry. They have a very good set of colleagues that give their best in all of their guests.

This is a very good job to keep. Benefits and salary are very promising.

How i wish to go back and work one day with them again in the near future.
Great place to start a career in the hospitality industry. There is a lot of room to move around departments and learn all the aspects of the hotel industry.
Collaborative and Positive Work Environment
Creates an environment for teamwork, evolving and innovating. Positive and fun. Willing to try new things. Invests in their people. Promotes from within
stressful but great team
stressful but great team. managers have your back. union environment is competitive between colleagues.

half the staff us very knowledgeable, other half is difficult to work with
Very fast paced
Fast paced industry and you have to be able to work well under pressure. There's always opportunities for a promotion and you get paid fairly well for the tasks that you do. Benefits are great too.
Productive and fun workspace
I adored working in the Administration office of this hotel. There is no micromanaging as you are expected to do your job and do it well. Very kind people always available to help answer questions. Very collaborative and relaxed work environment.
Good place but not that much
Its a good place to work people will get more knowledge about hospitality. But its a little bit slow in winter season. If you work good you will get more shifts
Productive and challenging at the same time
I work in shifts, mostly evening shifts.
A lot to learn everyday with new challenges. As solving various queries of customers and fulfill there legitimate demands.

Workplace culture is friendly and professional at the same time. Never felt like not going to work.

The hardest part is expecting a new question from the hotel guest and finding solution to it. However getting the satisfaction of fulfilling the needs of the guest.

Enjoyable part was the team I was working, the best I have worked wit. Every team member was supportive and great to work with. And the managers have so much to give and there is so much to learn from them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2