Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Canada645 reviews

Found 645 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,051 reviews

Great job

Nice environment and great people working there. I really enjoyed working with them. Flexible schedule because I need to work other job as well. They are supportive.

Best employer in the bow valley

Productive and fun place to work , good work life balance , great culture best company to work for. Benefits and staff appreciation is next to none.

Pros

Free lunch, high Salary, friendly management

Cons

Need a car to move a round. Closes town 45 mins

Insights into Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great Environment to Work

Great Team and Management. Employee benefits and pay is quite good. I learned a lot every team members was friendly and helpful. Love working there...

Great company

Great company, benefits, work life balance. Really liked it. Great place. Lots to keep busy with and lots of opportunities for growth. Great location .

Great company but low pay

Great immediate managers and great colleagues but very low pay for a city with a high cost of living. Free meals (tax deductible), and paid vacation and holiday. Nice benefits too for dental and medical,but again, pay is very low.

Pros

Great environment, free lunch, benefits

Cons

Low pay

Excellent Pay

Great environment, prestigious company with excellent Pay and benefits. May feel like a cog in the wheel at points and be required to work long hours, but that's expected in the industry.

Below average

Incompetent managers and staffsLack of proper training for new comersToxic work cultureLack of tools and equipment to perform duties No standards for serviceHygiene issues No development

Pros

Nice view, beautiful surroundings

Cons

Lack of training and development

Environnement de travail professionnel

J'ai vraiment aimé travailler dans cette entreprise. L'équipe était superbe et le responsable était toujours à l'écoute en cas de besoin.

Pros

Repas gratuits et transport

Cons

Aucun

Fun environment

Everyone you work with are fun and young ,it is a fast paced work environment . You pretty much work with the people you live with. If you are the type that wants to relax after work and have alone time, this job is not for you. Expect to work long hrs. People come and go all the time cause it’s a backpacker town.

Fairmont hotels

This is a great company to work for and can take you all over the world if you please. Great work environment and excellent people make a day at work feel happy and energetic. Great opportunities for advancing in any department. You can transfer from hotel to hotel all over the world.

Pros

Excellent work / life balance

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Great pay, difficult schedule

Decent place to work, but for junior employees, there is an expectation to be available pretty much any time, yet some weeks they will have no shifts available for you. When I did get hours, the pay was exceptional (hourly + gratuities), but with no consistent schedule or enough work, it was difficult to earn enough.

Transphobic with poor communication skills

If you want an environment that compares you to other employees and disrespects you and your identity this is the place for you, with supervisors that refuse to respond to criticism and would rather compare you to other employees then give you input you are better off being homeless because unless you are a robot you will not be good enough for this job.

Pros

Cheap housing

Cons

Constant threats of unemployment and poor communication

Fortunate to have worked with such nice coworkers. Great location and amazing culture. It was fun living in the mountains. Recommend working here. Goodluck and enjoy!

Pros

Cons

Moving up higher

Amazing workplace to work

Really enjoyed being in fairmont royal yorkNo issues. The managment is nice and free food in the cafeteria, i saved a lot while working there. I wish they had more perks outside of work

Long hours lack of support

Be expected to work long hours 12-14 hours daily in an kitchen position. Salary is very low if you plan on moving up in the ranks but I don't recommend it.

Fairmont is an amazing company overall

Fairmont sets the bar. I've never worked anywhere where I felt like I mattered. People cared and that is definitely what sets them apart, especially in the foodservice industry. I was on my internship and I learned so much. All workplaces are not perfect and there will always be something that won't satisfy you but I felt supported and included in my short stay at Fairmont Chateau Whistler. I miss working there.

Pros

benefits, subsidized housing, free breakfast and lunch buffet style, open door policy, inclusiveness, managers are always available when you need to say something important

Cons

physically demanding, isolated locations

Good pay and benefits

One of the best work places in service industry. You will enjoy so many things not only pay and benefits but also good experiences and career. It’s hotel, so they never close all year round. You should aware of it. You are working in downtown and have to pay your parking spot if you are driving to commute. Good luck!

Pros

Free lunch, lots of perks, showers in changing room and so on.

Cons

Seniority

Great company to work for

The company really does put employees first and has a strong culture of support, community, and excellence. The management provides strong mentorship and training opportunities and there is lots of opportunity for advancement.

Pros

benefits, training, mentorship, advancement

Cons

Work life balance but that it going to be the same in any hospitality job.

Great place to work if you are under 40 years old.

Very busy work environment with much to learn. The work is endless and sometimes thankless. If you see it as a challenge and use it as a springboard to something better (inside or outside the company), you will get the most out of your time. You will meet many wonderful people and make lifelong friends. Enjoy it!

Fun place to work

Free food, cheap staff accommodation. Great work life balance. Got to park loads of cool cars. My coworkers were the best. Got to use Fairmont’s pool for cheap

Amazing hotel. Amazing people . Amazing landscape

Staff housing, best time I had in my life so far. Would give anything to go back. Free meals. Staff housing is nice as it’s hard to find many places to live in the mountains.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement