Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Belle entreprise axée sur le service à la clientèle
Commis Fairmont (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC22 May 2018
Tout est mis en place pour que les rêves des clients se transforment en souvenirs inoubliables.
Environement d'apprentissage élevé
Préposée à l'accueil (Former Employee) –  La Malbaie, QC6 May 2018
J'ai adoré mon expérience avec l'équipe Fairmont.
Nous sommes bien entouré et ils offrent une grande variété d'emploi.
Pros
Opportunité d'apprendre
Cons
Logement non favorable à long terme
S’occupe bien des employés blessés
Préposée à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, QC4 May 2018
J’ai dû être arrêté de travailler pendant plus de 6 mois et on m’a trouvé du travail de bureau et jamais je ne me suis sentie pousser à retour Au travail, même après tout ce temps.
Steward
Steward (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB1 May 2018
Fast paced environment and the hotel is extremely busy in the summer months. The hotel is in a beautiful location in Canada and I would recommend people to go!
Great employer
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB29 April 2018
Overall was a great experience but my only negative comment would be directed at the specific location that I was working at. Due to it's isolation it is extremely to hard to separate work and social life. This is wouldn't be an issue at some of the other locations so depending on your personality you'll need to decide weather or not you're looking for the isolation.
Pros
Free meals, Great Skiing, Amazing Views and Friendly people etc..
Cons
Isolation
Good Experience and Good People
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB27 April 2018
I mainly wanted to ski in the Rockies and Fairmont provided me with that ability while meeting great people. Management sometimes felt untrained and ill prepared for their positions but overall I had a good experience.
Pros
Free Meals, Good Culture
Cons
Management could use more training
Excellence at everything. Amazing place to work!
Housekeeper and Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB26 April 2018
Every employee was treated with respect, this company has an incomparable way of doing things, not just for the guests but for its workers. Benefits, growth opportunities, job stability, lunch, break times, training and couching. EVERYTHING you ever expect from a serious and respectable company, Fairmont has it all.
I would recommend anybody, blindly, to work at this brand.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture
Cons
great place to experience the outdoors
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, BC26 April 2018
I absolutely loved my colleagues and the resort. Lots of fun to be had here, great place to work & have fun. Staff housing was nice, the perks were great, the job itself was nice!
Outstanding Company
Banquet Setup Manager (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB5 April 2018
Fairmont is the company I've worked for, the longest in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the company. I'd like to stay with them if possible, if a job that interests me comes up during my search, I'll certainly apply.
Pros
Free lunches, Salary, Benefits, Company Culture
Colleagues are like family, management are the out of town family you never want around
In Room Dining Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB31 March 2018
The people you work with are your family, day in and day out, have to rely on them 100%
Management (upper, lower, food and non-food) isn't great here, not reliable or trustworthy
Not enough staffing or product to make it through a busy weekend, without stealing from the other departments, and your managers will encourage it instead of asking upper levels to come up with a full time solution
You learn to rely on yourself, and those who prove themselves, and not the ones who don't call in sick and never get penalized for it
Long time staff keep leaving, no one really wants to work here, but it's cheap rent and easy money - if that's what you want
Pros
Cheap Rent, Easy Money
Cons
Bad Management, Low Quality
beautiful location
Boathouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB28 March 2018
beautiful location with millions of visitors in the summer. fast paced everyday but the community of workers is close knit which is a plus. potential for advancement is high
Great customers great people outstanding hospitality experiences
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
Fairmont gives you the opportunity to provide above industry average service and offers guests some hotel experiences that are unmatched in hospitality. Management are dedicated to staying ahead of industry trends and allow staff access to training in these trends.
Pros
Complimentary staff cafeterias and greatly reduced hotel stays
beautiful place to work
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB23 March 2018
great opportunity to work in the mountains. good work life balance. great skiing, good money, some benefits, good management, great for students in-between study.
Awsome
Chateau Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB19 March 2018
It was a community and was amazing to work here. Customers were happy to be here for the most part because of how beautiful the location was. Management was amazing as well.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Icsolated.
Treat Staff Amazingly Well
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fairmont Hot Springs, BC5 March 2018
Great work environment & co-workers, beautiful building and amenities!!

I really learned alot and developed great spa therapist skills!!

Team work counts and the resort management did alot to build a strong team spirit!! Their training opportunities for employees is really too!!

Hardest part, needing an onsite manager. The most enjoyable part was enhancing & enjoying my skills!!
Pros
great food, staff pass to resort amenities
Cons
conflict in management
I have been working with Fairmont Hotels and resort for 10 years
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB4 March 2018
I enjoy working with Fairmont Hotels and resort. Got the change to network and met many people across the world, and had some great co- workers and staff. It was more like a family.
Great Location & Company
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB3 March 2018
Great place to work if you like to work long hours and would like to work to gain advancement within the company. Chateau Lake Louise is a unique property that will help you learn lots about yourself as a person and as a hospitality professional.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2018
Management and co worker are real friendly. Fairmont will become your second family. Your lunch is prepared for you by the chefs upstairs from the restaurant. Thats always a bonus.
Pros
Free lunches
Wonderful Company
Director, Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Leadership and colleagues are wonderful to work with! Very friendly and genuine service that speaks directly to the guest on an individual and personal basis.
Good
Outlet Server - Lakeview Lounge (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB5 February 2018
On site accommodations with easy access to work within short distance. A lot of room for growth and knowledge among products. High stress work environment and the living accommodations can be stressful as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3