Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Great company to work and learn from, with plenty of room for advancement. Great for A type personalities, very fast paced. Guest experience is of the utmost importance.
It's a good place to work banquets server is one of the most decent job that satisfy your needs. When you get paid you'll be glad. The work generally consists in set-up tables, serving the guests, cleaning and enjoy the work among your colleagues. Basically, it's not a hard job ,it's just consistency n get the job done.
Pros
Yes, lots of food, leftover.
Cons
Sometimes, yes..
Cette emploi et l'une des plus belles expériences de vie que j'ai la chance de vivre. Un endroit si, professionnel, courtois, à l'écoute, à notre disposition, cet endroit est pour moi un souffle sur un dur jeune début de carrière. Je suis fière de travailler pour le reine et je me sens privilégiée de faire partie de leurs équipes. je n'échangerais mon emploi pour rien au monde !
Pros
Salaire/ ambiance/ avantages/ horaire
Cons
Voyagement
Super ambiance de travail, très belle gang ! lieux de travail époustouflant
Half the workforce at Fairmont have given 10+ years of service To the hotel, proof that it is a great place to work. The job is fulfilling, the team is a family, it is a wonderful place to grow professionally and personally.
The co-workers from other departments treated me better than some of my co-workers in my own department.Union based seniority should never result in a perceived authority over a worker with more experience and qualifications.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Rotating shift work was too difficult to endure.
Very strong culture, big machine but still feel like family. Take great care of employees. They even support bottom performers and turn them into strong team members.
Cons
Was the best place to work then covid hit. I'd still be there with those amazing people . Work was so much fun and made me want to work , I loved getting up and going to that beautiful building
Totally waste of your life. The management don't care about anything, except for themselves. They're completely the opposite from what they say. Run away while you can!
Working at Fairmont give me pride. the company also offer great benefits and very good pay. The environment is overall friendly and supportive. Absolutely a great company to work for
Pros
Good food
Cons
Demanding
Fairmont is like a family to me I love all my colleague and all managers. And the benefits are very good. All I can say is working in Fairmont Royal York is a remarkable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Always do overtime
Great work life balance and amazing people to work with in the Guest services department. They understand and encourage activities outside of work and try and let you have the best work life balance along with other amazing perks from the hotel. My favourite employer hands down.
Pros
Fun staff including team members and management, great work life balance, unreal starting salary, lots of growth potential, beautiful place to work, free staff cafeteria
Cons
Can get a bit stressful but you have support from your team- can sometimes be boring but again, you work with an amazing crew
Challenging and enthusiastic gives me more positives and inspiring..my time to show my abilities and hardworking attitude...I’m excited to go work....
I love working with customers and going above and beyond. Fairmont gives me the tools to do my job. Working for this company has been an adventure of a lifetime.
Pros
Work/life balance is great
Cons
Some days are so busy that we don’t always get breaks in until end of shift or near the end.
I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did. It is a wonderful opportunity to try to turn moments into memories for our guests each and every day. It is also a privilege to work with a group of highly talented people.
Idiot managers and supervisors, inconsistent hours and schedules, little to no work life balance, terrible wages. Spend all day dealing with entitled self centred customers, a nightmare from start to finish
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Literally everything else
The place is awesome. I had the best summer of my life, and it was easily probably the most impactful experience of my life thus far. I would definitely go back!!!
Pros
Long Hours, Great Pay
Overall work can be stressful at times (when its very busy) but management is helpful and supportive. Culture of inclusivity, diversity, and support. Pay could be better but is very competitive of the area (town is very expensive to live in).
Pros
Staff Activities, Mental Health Liaison, Free Lunches
Dedicated leaders who train you very well. Face paced but they never let you fall behind. The work culture was friendly and accommodating. I really learned to stretch myself to the full extent of my capabilities.
Pros
Uniform, meals and other benefits
Cons
Very fast paced
is a good place to work with a lot of fun but very stressful on some situation or almost everyday wit interaction with guest from all around the world you have many many nice and beautiful moments and also few awkward moments ,in resume with pros an cont is a fun nice place to work , I'm looking for something different in my life and living Fairmont because hours and seniority polices.
Pros
cafeteria in the work place
Cons
hard to improve your career
Good place to develop your skills and career that for new employee every week switch to different department and learn how to cooperate with other employees .friendly work environment
Pros
free staff meal, clean uniform