Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 382 reviews matching the search See all 1,045 reviews
Great Place with the potential to grow
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB17 March 2019
The chateau was an amazing place to work, although, I wouldn't recommend it for people who have never lived away from home. The staff are very close, it's like a family. We all live in staff accommodation and it's absolutely wild where the guests can't see.

The company offers a wonderful opportunity for growth if you can survive a year.
Pros
Amazing location
Cons
Party Central
good benefits
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2019
Good benefits
difficult to have a work life balance
great discounts on meals and accommodation
good company to work for
diverse location
Good benefits
Loved working here!
Content Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC27 February 2019
Best experience of my life, great work culture. Kick started my career, and never was there a shortage in learning opportunities including additional online courses and cross training.
Great perks for travel
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 February 2019
If you enjoy travel, love selling and people, this may be a great fit for you. If you have the freedom to travel, there are opportunities that will be rewarding.
Not Recommended
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2019
They didn't let us take 10/15 minute breaks, only a half hour. No leaning or sitting down allowed. Lots of things were skipped in my training and I was penalized for some of them. Their training attitude is incredibly condescending, I felt like they were treating me like a 5 year old which was incredible demeaning and hurtful and made it a lot harder to feel secure and confident in the work I was doing.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Will most likely give you food poisoning
Just like the Oilers "Old Boys Club"
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2019
I worked here for a couple of years. Worst place to work. Supervisors and managements are a joke, to say the least.

In my opinion, the GM and Director of HR are very unprofessional. How they have (and continue to hold down) those titles is baffling. I had a couple of interactions with the HR Director. Boy, oh boy. The lack of knowledge and professionalism displayed by all upper management is incredible. Yeah, it's easy to rehearse helping guests with a personalization and smile, but why don't you focus on your employees and morale for a change? Revenue is too valuable?

Workplace culture is very non-existent. It's hard to feel good about coming to work here when your immediate supervisor and upper management are on power trips. It is actually quite amusing. I am so happy I finally left this place.

There are many more details I could type out, but the ratings I gave will suffice. I think it is self-explanatory.
Pros
I no longer work here
Cons
Too much to type
Great company but do not work for fairmont tremblant
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Tremblant, Ottawa, Whistler11 February 2019
I started to work for Fairmont (CP Hotels) in 2000, had lots of good years and learned a lot. Chateau whistler is a great workplace with positive feedback and good teamplayers. Unfortunately not the same working for Fairmont Tremblant!! Zero support from the HR team and the management is just a big joke. After over 18 years of service i got fired for missing a doctor apointment while on medical leave. If thinking of working for Fairmont do yourself a favor and stay away from Tremblant!
Best of luck :)
Pros
Full time work with benefits
Cons
Bad manegement, HR staff is a Joke. Fired tafter 18 years of services
Environnement de travail très agréable
La Malbaie, QC (Former Employee) –  Richelieu, QC10 February 2019
Il est très agréable de travailler avec l'équipe de Fairmont.
Great Management
Manager, Loyalty Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2019
An Extraordinary Company, Colleagues and Leaders truly care and that have the opportunity to learn and grow every day. Proud to work for a Company whose values are close to my heart
Fun work place with a complete new life time experience.
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB25 January 2019
Nice and professional work environment. Management is excellent and takes care of their employees. Hourly wages for colleague position are not very competitive.
Pros
Magnificent nature around.
Cons
Far from big cities
Great team and a wonderful place to work
Director Of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
A destination in the middle of Toronto.
Great relations between staff and management
Very environmental savvy and futuristic vision.
Pioneer in Energy saving
Excellent company to work for
CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2019
Very good company to work for. Always opportunities to move within the company. With my computer knowledge was able to travel throughout the chain assisting hotels.
Illegal hours, lack of training, and TERRIBLE management
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2019
They will hype up the place a lot. Act all happy when you are first hired. It is all a lie, this place is far from happy and functional. Barely any proper training was given. Spent the majority of it sleeping, eating, and playing on my phone in the chattery (lunch area, stay away from the seafood). When it came down to the busy season I had no knowledge of most things required which is obviously not good. They will make you work illegal hours. Working until 12am and back at 6am. They will expect this back to back. Absolutely insane!! People with seniority over you will throw those shifts at you so they can sit in the TV room all day. The management was absolutely horrible. My manager went on Vacation during the busiest time of the season, both of mine did actually. I didnt have a clue who was in charge for the first 2 weeks of them gone. Was a surreal experience, and made me lose faith in most of the current managers running the hotel.
Pros
Co wokers
Cons
Management, hours, not respecting labour laws
Close to nature
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB7 January 2019
I did my summer job there and it was one of the best things I ever did. Amazing crew. Summer is very busy, be prepared to work long hours, But they believe in work life balance
Pros
Free meal and discount at hotel
Cons
productive and fun friendly place to work
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2019
Fast pace and is a great place to meet people
very clean environment and safe place to work
alot of famous people stays there
if you like history this is a place for you to discover
lots place to visit surrounding the hotel area
Pros
buffet lunch
Cons
expensive parking
Was Fairmont Resort in Fairmont BC
BC - Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, BC5 January 2019
Has been a great place to work! Awesome place for people not from Canada. They have staff accommodation if you need it! They have started to do lots of renos so things are coming together.
productive and fun workplace
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 January 2019
great company to work for, amazing benefits, good salary, possibility to transfer worldwide. I mean overal its a pretty good place, every place has its pros and cons but If I had knew how much greater then other places this one was i probably wouldve stayed there, also easy to be on their good side and stay there for the rest of your life! thumbs up fairmont is a company I would love to work for again!
Good pay, hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC2 January 2019
Always being pressured into being faster and better. Very high standards of cleanliness. Hardest part of the job was the constant negative feedback, makes you feel worthless and like you want to stop trying. Some supervisors are tougher than others and only seem to focus on the negative. Occasionally the hotel was missing supplies that make it essential for you to do your job such as a working vacuum or having no king sheets in the whole hotel.
Heavily discounted staff meals were provided and also very good quality. Also a ski pass discount is offered
Pros
Staff meals, ski pass discount
Cons
expectations, organization
Very well paid
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 January 2019
Employees are treated fairly. Good meals are provided. The work is strenuous but rewarded. There are some months of the year where it is very slow, there are no hours available to work to employees that are low on the list. The job pays very well.
Amusant et beaucoup d’avantages sociaux.
Préposée à la buanderie (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 December 2018
En travaillant dans cet hôtel, j'ai appris à gérer des conflits, j'ai découvert que j'étais un bon leader et que j'avais le sens de l'initiative.

J'ai appris à travailler sous pression lors des journée où le taux d'occupation était très élevé. La partie la plus difficile au travail était de rester debout durant huit heures. Toutefois, le fait de rester positive et de me concentrer sur mes bonnes relations avec mes collègues de travail m'a beaucoup aidée à ne plus y penser.

La partie la plus agréable était l'ambiance de travail. En effet, les liens entre les collègues étaient très serrés, ce qui facilitait le travail d'équipe efficace.
Pros
Le travail d'équipe
Cons
Rester debout 8 heures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3