Fairmont Banff Springs

Fairmont Banff Springs Employee Reviews

Fast paced in summer season and slower in winter/spring.

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement and benefits available to workers. Had Covid19 NOT happened I would still be there but I chose to leave & come back home. I absolutely loved working in Stock as the dishwasher and was very sad to leave. This Hotel and the Accor Hotels are fabulous to be employed at.

Pros

Staff pricing at other hotels worldwide and in the restaurants.

Cons

Too busy to take many days off in high season.

Decent place to work

Some of the workers are great, some people hate their work life and it shows. Understaffed, bad management and long hours, not an ideal place to work during these difficult times. Low pay for long hard work and an expensive living environment in Banff. Nobody takes notice of hard work or enthusiasm but as long as you're not trying to move up in the hospitality industry it's a good place to work. Great place to live besides the expensive area

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, bad management

The company is great, but the Grounds department has given up

Let me start off by stating that the company itself is great, has many benefits and treats their employees like a family. On the other hand, the grounds department needs a serious overhaul. - We were not paid fairly for the laborious work that was involved in the job. Notably during the winter where you're expected to freeze to death for 8 hours a day chipping away at ice and shovelling snow. - The supervisors (one in particular) micromanage their employees to no end and do not leave you alone to do your job. We were all adults and did not need to be babied every hour of the day. Quite a lot of the job duties provided from the supervisors were just busy-work, and work tasks did not always make sense, or were a waste of time. - The clothing and uniforms provided were not appropriate for the harsh realities of the winter - cheap, off-brand clothing that did not reflect the culture of a luxury hotel. I felt sordid every day I came in and my mental health deteriorated in a matter of months. We were the most visible employees outside of the hotel for guests to see, and you can't provide something that looks and functions decently and embody what a luxury hotel ought to represent?- Management has no passion and is quite clearly depressed, we could see it every day. Absolutely no confidence in themselves. They are stuck in their ways and DO NOT listen to employees below the supervisors. Good luck making any progress with them while they sit there half asleep, depressed and leering at you like you have three heads. They know you'll leave after 6 months so why bother listening to -

Pros

Duty-free meals

Cons

Micromanagement from supervisors

Big place, different opportunities depending on department

I worked there for 2 departments; Housekeeping and Guest Services. Housekeeping was quite hard. Management was always changing, often had no clue what was going on, didnt know how to dispatch tasks properly. It was a bit of a mess. On the good side, hours were good, pay was good and the team was great. Also, there was a lot of advancement opportunities since everyone was always using this department as an easy way to enter the Fairmont company.Guest services was better, the team members were people that had been there for quite some time, the pay was incredible but the responsabilities were bigger too. The management had been there for quite some time and probably will still be there for quite some more. There is not a lot of place for advancement. Worked for them for 3 years and was still a colleague, but since the department is big in itself the tasks were different through the weeks and it made working in this environment fun.Overall, the Fairmont is a good company to work for. They have a lot of employees benefits, team building activities outside of work, and they do take care of their employees. Would recommend to a friend!

Pros

free lunch everyday, amazing discount on stays all over the world, good life-work balance, great benefits, amazing health insurance, big corporation

Cons

Its a big place so you're replaceable. Don't forget that.

The best place to work

I have worked there for 15 years as a full time. I have gained so much knowledge and experiences. The company is the best place I have ever worked for. I sincerey appreciated the company.

the hotel

I have worked in the Fairmont Banff spring for one year it was a great honour for me and cause of covid 19 that stopped my career there its really nice place .

a very good workplace from many sids

a very good place to work, you can have a lot of benifis ,clean,big and in the middle of th Roky montains,besides,poeple are very friendly,also the staff acom is close to the hotel

Pros

free meal a day

Cons

long hour

Wonderful place to work and good communication with each others!

This is a work really to enjoy that I learned so much with an extraordinary communication with my colleagues, everyone is treated with equally and they give you all the benefits and much more, like very cheap accommodation and meals, that mean that we can save money. I will miss my work there, the covid-19 separated me from my wonderful Heart artists...

A good and fun place to work

I learned a lot from my leaders and co-workers. They were willing to show me new skills and offer help. The top management of the department is kind and considerate. The staff of other departments is friendly.

Great experience

Loved this property, great benefits, pay and culture. Lots of training programs and so many possibilities for advancement and transfers to other hotels

Productive and a very fun place to work

I really enjoy working with Fairmont the place, the opportunity, the people that I work with it is also a very multi cultural place the company look after the well being of their workers it is just so sad that this pandemic happened now we are really uncertain if we will be called back for work

good work place

great place to work, great to have staff accommodation available due to rents in town being extremely expensive. amazing extracurricular activities provided for staff

Fairmont Banff Springs

I have learned to create wireless internet password, installing phones and internet lines for clients. I learned how to build diagrams on Social Tables. Solving all types of problems, no two are alike while working with different groups all the time. The management within the company is fair an open to hearing ideas. They trust their employees to make difficult decisions that will best help the client, turning a moment into a memory. While working at The Fairmont, they strongly believe in work life balance. They do their best to create events for colleagues to attend, I.E staff picnics, movie nights, free courses to employees, developing a fair work schedule for the employee to enjoy a life outside of work The hardest part about my job would be tracking all of the conference materials coming into the hotel. The best part about my job is building a trust with the client, having them believe in to to make the right choices for them to best suit the situation. What is even better, return groups requesting you to work their conference because of the trust you have built with the client.

A very people oriented company

They treat every individual as unique and the biggest asset of the company. They listen to each individual to make the colleague's work-life more productive and meaningful.

Good times

Great team environment. Awesome spot to work and live. Made lifelong friends and unforgettable memories. Definitely recommend working here. ..........

very supportive of learning and development; had a lot of benefits, great cafeteria, great culture, open door policy, great parties (Christmas and long-service awards)

Fun and Great Colleagues

Honestly loved everyone I worked with. I was able to meet so many people and learn through their experiences. The work environment was very accepting of everyone. Some supervisors were very demanding and would be passive towards employees. Overall, a good place to work for young people who would like to travel and work at the same time.

Good and enjoyable place to work

Guest Services can be hard work and stressful at times on busy days but these are few and far between. It is made up of the most amazing team even though the work isn't the funnest the team make it very enjoyable. Management is superb and very accomodating.

A great place to work

A challenging yet rewarding place to work , fast paced and always enjoyable . The scenery is tremendous , it is a bucket list golf course which is remowned the world over . Guests from all over the planet came to play the course .

Fast paced, fine dining restaurant

Management was wonderful. Many challenges were faced due to it beng a new restaurant. Management should have had more of an ability to be involved with splitting gratuities and this did cause tension between support and wait staff. Housing needs to improve, more options for single housing. Overall a great experience with the Banff Springs and Fairmont itself. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to expand their resume in hospitality.

Fast paced environment, decent benefits and staff accommodation

Loved my job as both a desk agent and concierge, management in a corporate hotel is a bit out of touch, couldn't deal with the culture of "it's who you know"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Banff Springs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4