Fairmont Banff Springs Employee Reviews

good place to save money, no free time during main season
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB29 October 2018
I was hired to this hotel with Manpower job agency, it was very fast and easy to get there. Free accomodation, shared room with two other guys, free food. Look to be good advantages, but I had almost no free time, scheudules were usually like 8-10 days straight and than one day off, almost everyday a different shift. I met there the worst management in my life. AFTER TWO MONTHS I WAS FIRED LIKE EVERYBODY FROM MANPOWER, BECAUSE FAIRMONT DIDN´T ALREADY NEED US. I LOST JOB AND ACCOMODATION IN ONE DAY AND NOBODY TOLD ME ANYTHING. I JUST RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM THE JOB AGENCY, THAT I HAVE TO LEAVE
Pros
free food and accomodation
Cons
nobody cares about people, doesn´t matter, how hard do you work, you can´t be sure, if you can keep or loose everything anytime!
Productive and innovative workplace
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 October 2018
The springs really taught me a lot from time management skills to dealing with guests in an open kitchen, making your own menu items and ideas, to being part of a large team in a thriving atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be time management especially on busier days. Feeding over 1500 people in different banquet functions isn't always easy to organize and execute but with a solid, and hard working team anything is possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking in large batches at all times and with a fun crew of people. I learned how to create a fine dining experience by working at the springs.
Pros
Free food supplied all day/ discounted meals /benefits
Cons
long hours/secluded area
Productive, fun and yet professional workplace to everyone!
Server @ F&B Banquets (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB2 September 2018
A fair workplace culture for a diversified environment. We have an open communication with the higher/highest management level and an access to the Ethics Committee hotline.:)
Pros
lots of family benefits, vision & dental included!
Great to work for, perfect for travellers.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB24 July 2018
Work was always a pleasure to go to. Management were down to earth, very approachable and genuine. Your ideas and opinions were heard and valued. Recruitment did a good job of hiring quality workers so the team I worked with made life easy. There were also opportunities to shadow different job positions within the hotel creating opportunities to learn and eventually gain positions in differing fields.

The only negative I could say is during busy summers the tight scheduling often resulted in 6 day work weeks. This is tough when you live in Banff because you want to enjoy as much of the outdoors as you can!

If you are a traveller the company can provide onsite staff accommodation which is a great start to beginning a life in Banff. It is cheap and a great way to save money. The company understand the struggles and challenges of moving far to work there and a great deal of effort goes into supporting you and making you welcome.

Be warned though, Fairmont is its own little community within Banff. Good at times as it is easy to make friends, however living in the staff accommodation can blur the lines between work and life. My word of advice is to venture outside the bubble and meet people downtown to enrich your Banff experience.
Pros
Great for travellers, Discounts hotel wide, discounts at other hotels, staff cafeteria
Wonderful team, great benefits
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Banff14 July 2018
Working in a world renowned spa had it's ups and downs. Overall, I gathered important skills while working there and enjoyed the amazing team I was apart of.
Wonderful Hotel - Great Company to work for!
SENIOR STORE PERSON (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB11 June 2018
Physical work, makes you feel like you've earned your pay. Rewarding at the end of the day.
Co-Workers were a lot of fun.
Fairmont is a wonderful company to work for.
Fastpace enviroment
Steward- Full time (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB3 May 2018
Everyday was different depending on how busy the hotel was and how many guests were eating at the different outlets in the hotel. We would wash cups, plates, cutlery and many different cooking objects.
I really appreciate this company they are the one who hires me from my contry.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB11 April 2018
The job is so tough at first because they are so picky in terms of cleanliness. You need to clean 15 room by yourself. Sometimes when you have a VIP room you need to deep clean that one it is because the guest paid
so much.
Pros
free benifits
Cons
very tough job
Fun Workplace
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2018
It was an amazing opportunity and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a summer job. This job taught me how to work a full time job and how many amazing friends you can meet from doing a job like this.
An amazing working experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB13 March 2018
I worked for Fairmont and had the best time working for them. They were very understanding to any and all concerns I had. The management was always very communicative with the other employees and always wanted us involved in decisions.
great place to work
Banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB5 March 2018
great place to work for the aspiring chef. youll learn so much and work with a great team. great chance to move around to different outlets or to even travel around the world within the company
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
stressful at times
Such a great experience
CAPTAIN SERVER (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB4 March 2018
The Banff Springs Hotel was such a great experience!I had the great pleasure of working with very hard working , knowledgeable colleagues whom I learned very much from!
Amazing Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB2 February 2018
I cannot speak highly enough of the management and things I have learned while working with this amazing brand of Fairmont! Would certainly recommend this experience.
Great place to have experience
HSKP Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB31 January 2018
Growing up fast in this hotel since people are come and go very often.
Great activities and great place to meet new friends.
Love the park and everything around.
Hotel itself is amazing
Pros
staff accommodating, activities, benefits
Cons
not too much
Bartending Experience
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB10 January 2018
Was a good experience working overall. Would have liked full-time hours as I was hired for but did not get. Great work and employee culture within the fairmont.
Great for advancements
Breakfast Server, Hostess, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB10 December 2017
Amazing place to work, great employee culture and there is always opportunity's to learn more and advance in your position. Management cares a lot about their employees.
Gorgeous place to live
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB6 December 2017
I had a really great time working in Banff. An absolute beautiful place to work and to live. The hotel is iconic and the back drop is spectacular. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to work and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth. I made good money but I made better memories. I was sad to leave this place but it was time to move on to a more professional environment.
Pros
beautiful place to live and to work
Cons
employees were not valued due to the size of the organization
Fairmont Banff Springs Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB6 December 2017
Hotel is beautiful, you can't help but smile every time you look out a window and see the views. Banquet Management was a hit-and-miss...the morning managers were outstanding - truly cared about their job. The Night Managers cared more about getting out of their to go party than to run a smooth and successful event. Lots of fun 'team building' activities within the department. I would go back to working here in a heart-beat
Pros
Staff Cafeteria Staff Accommodation Good Benefits Good Wage Uniform Cleaning Service
Cons
Mandatory Overtime Lazy Evening Crew
Positive and fun environment
Lead Greenskeeper (part time seasonal contracts) (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB26 November 2017
Everyone was always willing to help and overall a great experience.
The supervisors there always had something for us to do and we learned something everyday.
Fairmont Standard
Food Porter (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB10 November 2017
Anyone that has previously worked in a Fairmont knows there are many chances for advancement. I have made some lifelong friends and had some of the best times while working here. I would 100% recommend working for Fairmont.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Banff Springs. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3