Fairmont Banff Springs
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Fairmont Banff Springs Employee Reviews

Canada129 reviews

fairmontspringhotelaccommodationguestcolleaguedepartmentmeal

Excellent Summer Job with great potential for a future.

From Day One, I have been impressed with the Management Team at Rundle Bar located at Banff Springs Hotel..they are all unique personalities and combined demonstrate many strengths. I have been treated with patience and respect, for that I am thankful. Regarding the colleagues on the floor, I have learned a lot from them and appreciate the guidance. I would highly recommend working for Banff Spring Hotel

Stressful at times, good money

Worked at the Banff springs golf course and it was a great summer job, fun and good money. Besides your managers not taking sexua! hara$$ment comments seriously, saying “that kind of stuff happens a lot” good place to work

Pros

Free food on site, tips are good

Cons

Creepy men will make disgusting comments to you at least once a day

Insights into Fairmont Banff Springs

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks

Great coworkers, poor schedule and wage

As a seasonal stewarding attendant that worked here this summer, everyone I worked with was great and made the whole experience. However, it was a fast-paced, physically demanding job that came with an unpredictable schedule each week. Stewards' wages here aren't high enough and should be raised or included in tip-out. Many seasonal employees quit before fulfilling their contracts.

Overworked,micromanaged and bullied

Came to BSH to contribute to a top notch company with great perks and to have the ability to grow. Truthfully, I am overworked, personal days are denied, you get called in on days off constantly .They are so short staffed, staff get away with everything. Chefs are abusive bullies, and long term staff create a toxic work environment.

Pros

Vacation days, paid sick leave, location

Cons

Staff accom is a slum but thr is no where else to live. Staff food is like prison food, Managers overworked and disrespected, mi imal training, no consistent rules, Chefs are bullies.

Inclusion and cultural diversity is always present

Fairmont Banff Spring is great company here in Canada.I would like to go back here after my schooling.I felt very much welcome eversince I joined the company.I always excited to come to work eventbou

Castle in the Rockies

Worked here for 10 plus years have lots of memories good and also bad but mostly good. Best part is you get to live and enjoy the beautiful Rockies.Like any other hotel you have to be fast paced.

Great Property to work at while you're young

I worked for the Fairmont Banff Springs for about 5 years and have worked at a few of their properties over the years. I can honestly say that the Banff Springs was the best.All workplaces have their drawbacks but I felt supported by my management here, my coworkers really did feel like my family (part of that is living on-site for sure) and I felt like any time "company kool-aid" was offered it didn't insult your intelligence.

Slow and not very motivating place to work.

Very slow not much reward for the work done and many split shifts leaving you with 12 hour work days. There is not much room for improvement and constant scrutinization about everything

Great team

Great place to work. Expect to work hard and a lot, money is worth it and the benefits are good too. (only for full time permanent employees) as a server you make amazing money.

Pros

Benefits and money

Cons

Potential long hours

Great Experience

I did a 2 month placement in Human Resources, my experience was great. They provided me many opportunities to grow and learn. The staff were welcoming and friendly in all areas of the hotel.

Pros

Great cafeteria, with BBQs in the summer months, friendly, employee focused

Cons

Lodging is small

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fairmont Banff Springs?

Lots of activities for employees

I was a foreign worker when i worked at the springs. At the time they were sponsoring room attendant to have lmia and afyer 2 year of working there i was able to get my permanent residency.

Pros

Free lunch for everyone

Fun working experience

Very diverse environment, friendly and family like culture. Open door policy. Management are considerate but not all. Had an opportunity to experience and try staying in the hotel. Really friendly staff.

Pros

Free food

Cons

long standing hours

I miss this place!

I wish I get a chance to work again with this hotel. But unfortunately I don’t see my career in hospitality anymore but this place is amazing to live and work.

Pros

Free lunch, subsidized, food staff accommodations

Cons

Exhausting, not enough employees, but beautiful place!

Cheapest rent in town, and pretty good work environment. Had one day off a week and work was strenuous. Lunches were so-so. Grateful that they still paid me despite the fact that I couldn't work for over a month due to an accident.Worked during covid-19 so there was not enough staff.

Decent place to work

Some of the workers are great, some people hate their work life and it shows. Understaffed, bad management and long hours, not an ideal place to work during these difficult times. Low pay for long hard work and an expensive living environment in Banff. Nobody takes notice of hard work or enthusiasm but as long as you're not trying to move up in the hospitality industry it's a good place to work. Great place to live besides the expensive area

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Fast paced in summer season and slower in winter/spring.

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement and benefits available to workers. Had Covid19 NOT happened I would still be there but I chose to leave & come back home. I absolutely loved working in Stock as the dishwasher and was very sad to leave. This Hotel and the Accor Hotels are fabulous to be employed at.

Pros

Staff pricing at other hotels worldwide and in the restaurants.

Cons

Too busy to take many days off in high season.

The company is great, but the Grounds department has given up

Let me start off by stating that the company itself is great, has many benefits and treats their employees like a family. On the other hand, the grounds department needs a serious overhaul. - We were not paid fairly for the laborious work that was involved in the job. Notably during the winter where you're expected to freeze to death for 8 hours a day chipping away at ice and shovelling snow. - The supervisors (one in particular) micromanage their employees to no end and do not leave you alone to do your job. We were all adults and did not need to be babied every hour of the day. Quite a lot of the job duties provided from the supervisors were just busy-work, and work tasks did not always make sense, or were a waste of time. - The clothing and uniforms provided were not appropriate for the harsh realities of the winter - cheap, off-brand clothing that did not reflect the culture of a luxury hotel. I felt sordid every day I came in and my mental health deteriorated in a matter of months. We were the most visible employees outside of the hotel for guests to see, and you can't provide something that looks and functions decently and embody what a luxury hotel ought to represent?- Management has no passion and is quite clearly depressed, we could see it every day. Absolutely no confidence in themselves. They are stuck in their ways and DO NOT listen to employees below the supervisors. Good luck making any progress with them while they sit there half asleep, depressed and leering at you like you have three heads. They know you'll leave after 6 months so why bother listening to -

Pros

Duty-free meals

Cons

Micromanagement from supervisors

Big place, different opportunities depending on department

I worked there for 2 departments; Housekeeping and Guest Services. Housekeeping was quite hard. Management was always changing, often had no clue what was going on, didnt know how to dispatch tasks properly. It was a bit of a mess. On the good side, hours were good, pay was good and the team was great. Also, there was a lot of advancement opportunities since everyone was always using this department as an easy way to enter the Fairmont company.Guest services was better, the team members were people that had been there for quite some time, the pay was incredible but the responsabilities were bigger too. The management had been there for quite some time and probably will still be there for quite some more. There is not a lot of place for advancement. Worked for them for 3 years and was still a colleague, but since the department is big in itself the tasks were different through the weeks and it made working in this environment fun.Overall, the Fairmont is a good company to work for. They have a lot of employees benefits, team building activities outside of work, and they do take care of their employees. Would recommend to a friend!

Pros

free lunch everyday, amazing discount on stays all over the world, good life-work balance, great benefits, amazing health insurance, big corporation

Cons

Its a big place so you're replaceable. Don't forget that.

The best place to work

I have worked there for 15 years as a full time. I have gained so much knowledge and experiences. The company is the best place I have ever worked for. I sincerey appreciated the company.

the hotel

I have worked in the Fairmont Banff spring for one year it was a great honour for me and cause of covid 19 that stopped my career there its really nice place .

a very good workplace from many sids

a very good place to work, you can have a lot of benifis ,clean,big and in the middle of th Roky montains,besides,poeple are very friendly,also the staff acom is close to the hotel

Pros

free meal a day

Cons

long hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Banff Springs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement