Fairmont Banff Springs

Fairmont Banff Springs Employee Reviews

Canada110 reviews
Wonderful place to work and good communication with each others!
This is a work really to enjoy that I learned so much with an extraordinary communication with my colleagues, everyone is treated with equally and they give you all the benefits and much more, like very cheap accommodation and meals, that mean that we can save money. I will miss my work there, the covid-19 separated me from my wonderful Heart artists...
A good and fun place to work
I learned a lot from my leaders and co-workers. They were willing to show me new skills and offer help. The top management of the department is kind and considerate. The staff of other departments is friendly.
Great experience
Loved this property, great benefits, pay and culture. Lots of training programs and so many possibilities for advancement and transfers to other hotels
Productive and a very fun place to work
I really enjoy working with Fairmont the place, the opportunity, the people that I work with it is also a very multi cultural place the company look after the well being of their workers it is just so sad that this pandemic happened now we are really uncertain if we will be called back for work
good work place
great place to work, great to have staff accommodation available due to rents in town being extremely expensive. amazing extracurricular activities provided for staff
Fairmont Banff Springs
I have learned to create wireless internet password, installing phones and internet lines for clients. I learned how to build diagrams on Social Tables. Solving all types of problems, no two are alike while working with different groups all the time.
The management within the company is fair an open to hearing ideas. They trust their employees to make difficult decisions that will best help the client, turning a moment into a memory.

While working at The Fairmont, they strongly believe in work life balance. They do their best to create events for colleagues to attend, I.E staff picnics, movie nights, free courses to employees, developing a fair work schedule for the employee to enjoy a life outside of work

The hardest part about my job would be tracking all of the conference materials coming into the hotel. The best part about my job is building a trust with the client, having them believe in to to make the right choices for them to best suit the situation. What is even better, return groups requesting you to work their conference because of the trust you have built with the client.
A very people oriented company
They treat every individual as unique and the biggest asset of the company. They listen to each individual to make the colleague's work-life more productive and meaningful.
Good times
Great team environment. Awesome spot to work and live. Made lifelong friends and unforgettable memories. Definitely recommend working here. ..........
very supportive of learning and development; had a lot of benefits, great cafeteria, great culture, open door policy, great parties (Christmas and long-service awards)
Fun and Great Colleagues
Honestly loved everyone I worked with. I was able to meet so many people and learn through their experiences. The work environment was very accepting of everyone. Some supervisors were very demanding and would be passive towards employees. Overall, a good place to work for young people who would like to travel and work at the same time.
Good and enjoyable place to work
Guest Services can be hard work and stressful at times on busy days but these are few and far between. It is made up of the most amazing team even though the work isn't the funnest the team make it very enjoyable. Management is superb and very accomodating.
A great place to work
A challenging yet rewarding place to work , fast paced and always enjoyable . The scenery is tremendous , it is a bucket list golf course which is remowned the world over . Guests from all over the planet came to play the course .
Fast paced, fine dining restaurant
Management was wonderful. Many challenges were faced due to it beng a new restaurant. Management should have had more of an ability to be involved with splitting gratuities and this did cause tension between support and wait staff. Housing needs to improve, more options for single housing.

Overall a great experience with the Banff Springs and Fairmont itself. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to expand their resume in hospitality.
Fast paced environment, decent benefits and staff accommodation
Loved my job as both a desk agent and concierge, management in a corporate hotel is a bit out of touch, couldn't deal with the culture of "it's who you know"
Fun, Fast Paced, Full of great people
Was an opportunity of a lifetime working at the Fairmont Banff Springs. I made great friendships and overcame daily challenges which helped me develop new life skills.
terrible
bad , stay away
Not for people who want a career. The HR department is friends of friends

They say you can go anywhere in the world but when I tried to transfer it wasn’t true
best place i ever worked
great staff, great organizational culture, cooperative and caring. great benefits, opportunity for advancement, staff accomodation, free meals on duty and much more
Amazing place to work where every weekend can be a vacation!!
Amazing place to work and a brilliant leadership team. Due to the size and nature of the property, everyday would be challenging and stressful, but with the standards that are laid out and followed, working here seems easy.
Surrounded by mountains there is a lot to explore and the days off are never boring!
Work in kitchen.
it was fun enjoyed it. I had a lot f fun will recommande the job and the work place to anybody. I need to wright an other couple of words. so now i am close
Good place for right person this company will do everything wthin there level to keep you happy and enjoy your work environment.
But they cant please everyone.
Great
Great place to work, and advance career if so desired. Location is amazing and the hotel realizes this, allowing plenty of time off and a flexible schedule.