Fairhaven Employee Reviews

Floor staff care deeply for their residents, management does not back their staff
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OH2 May 2018
The employees in this facility care deeply for their residents and do the best that they can with what they have available. Management needs much improvement in listening to concerns of floor staff, promotion based on performance and attendance, scheduling consistency, and continuity of care.
Pros
Insurance benefits are decent
Cons
Scheduling inconsistency, little chance for advancement
Closed TWICE by State!!!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OH10 January 2018
This company was closed for the second time right as I got going with them. They were just re-opening, and a few months later, were shut down again without notice or any explanation. The owner didn't even pay his employees!
Pros
The residents and our Director of Nursing.
Cons
Sucked.
Good startup job with opportunity to gain experience
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MD8 January 2018
working with people and receiving direction for responsibilities given by management. Culture is professional and a good environment for employees. overall good
Pros
free food and close to housing development
Cons
not great hours
Productive place to work and fun
Various Installer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 December 2017
It was a good place to work. I Had good home time and was taken care of very well by the company. Boss and manager were good people. They were understanding people.
good company
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI18 December 2017
enjoyed my time there. nice pace, nice people to work for and with. don't have much more to say about it ............................................
Pays the bills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh17 August 2017
Was splendid all round before new management was sought externally, established methods were discarded and replaced ineffectually, staff were not adequately disciplined.
Would Not Recommend
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MD26 April 2017
This company does not value their employees or residents at all. They claim to promote teamwork and a healthy work/home balance, but there is no teamwork and you do not get to be home too often. Most facilities in the area require you to work every other holiday, Fairhaven does not do this if you are regularly scheduled for a day that a holiday lands on you work that holiday so you could very well end up working every holiday there is. You don't get double pay on holidays, and there is no weekend shift differential compared to other facilities in the area. You also don't get breaks and you only get paid for 7.5 hours. Like any facility there are aides that will help, and aides that won't, but when lifting residents by hoyer or sit-to-stand it is required for their to be 2 people present, many aides do not like to help their coworkers. This facility claims to be a no-lift facility over 35 pounds, and if a resident falls on the floor, you are to use a hoyer, but the nurse would rather just pick heavy residents up off the floor himself instead of using the lift which is safest for both him and the resident. They claim to care about resident safety, but that is completely untrue when they have nurses like that, and they are severely understaffed. Residents hardly ever get showered here, and I have never seen a nurse do a skin care assessment. If you bring any issues up to management they ignore you completely and never investigate, they blatantly do not care.

This is just some of the issues I've seen while working here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, treatment of residents, holidays, weekends
Its a nice place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 January 2017
I like working here i enjoy my co worker nice and friendly i love the work experience if u need some where to work i highly recommend this place iys a good learning experience for a peraon who take what they care for to the heart
Working as a CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI18 January 2017
Learned to work in stressful situations caring for the elderly in a timely manner by using time management skills as well as public speaking skills to calm the residents and provide optimal care to the people in my care.
Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL7 December 2016
Fair heaven is a beautiful nursing home to work at and the residents are very respectful, it's very clean and neat. It's also a great place to work and the hours are great to work if your trying to go to school or looking for a part time job.
What a wonderful place to work
Bistro Supervisor (Former Employee) –  7200 Third Avenue Sykesville MD 2178420 October 2016
It was the best job ever.I enjoyed going to work every day. The residents were great people. I enjoyed serving them The worker's were great to work with them also.Great team work. I sure do miss it.
good work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MD19 September 2016
Good Work environment.
Team work and high professional skills.
caring and compassionate staff
Safety of patients is a high concern.
Enjoy working there
enjoyable workplace
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Niles, OH30 December 2015
Arrive at bus pick up and assist the Bus driver as we pick up the clients to and from work and school.
The love of the disabled clients
teamwork with all the co-workers
Pros
Insurance/ benefits
nice place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OH19 June 2015
Coworkers are great, sometimes you get mandated to stay over- I work 12 hour shift already- when I have to stay over its 16 hours- too many hours to work in 1 day. another downside is you will get mandated on your weekend off. If it wasn't for the mandatory OT, I would of give it 5 stars.
Not flexable over worked
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami Springs, FL27 May 2015
The days vary in terms of responsibilities. most days are very hectic and require sacrifice of breaks. working with physicians family members and management is very difficult. if requesting days off, it is very difficult to get an approval. Co workers are very segregated some work with you others work against you. Majority of the days are very difficult when tending to patients getting receiving physician orders and handling family members. Very seldom is there an opportunity to get to know your patients on a intimate level.
Fun
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Niles, OH1 April 2015
This job is fun but you have to be very health and be able to go up and down stairs real easy. Also have to have the patience to be able to get full-time in this place. The hardest part of the job is being able to go home for a couple hours and then turn around to go right back to work.
Pros
Go home after bus route
Cons
being able to go back to work after a couple of hours
Productive and very challenging
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL10 January 2015
I loved working here, I had a chance to work with patients that really appreciate your service.
Pros
You get to meet nice and lovable residents!
Cons
organization
resident care
CNA (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WI1 November 2014
I assist elderly with daily living and safety. We do a one on one with a very challenging lady. We care for upto 12 residents per CNA. Most co workers work well with you but not all.
typical cna job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI23 March 2014
worked well with school schedule. great hours to work with.
Pros
okay enviroment
same as before
RN (Former Employee) –  MD2 March 2014
Nice patients to work with management changes too frequently
Pros
same as before

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairhaven. Our community is ready to answer.