Fairfield Inn & Suites  logo
Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,313 reviews

Not a bad place to work fact paced

I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀

Cons

Not bad hours

Pure trash, but a job is a job

The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else. There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day. Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them. At least there was no shortage of hours. The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*

Pros

1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.

Cons

Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc

AMazing but challenging

Working with the old team was absolutely amazing! However, when new management becomes difficult to work with, the job becomes a lot harder in many different ways.

Pros

Great experience

Housekeeping is interesting

It was a good place to work as long as you got along with all the girls. but as far as any job with as many people working in the same department under the pressure required to maintain standard could be a bit much

What to expect

At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.

Pros

Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.

Cons

Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management

Productive environment with a work - life unbalance

Start at 8 or 9, You stay until everyone on your housekeeping shift is done, you could be done your rooms ar 4pm but a coworker isnt until 9pm, you stay until 9pm. trainers are hard on new people. and they dont get your information for pay right away all they ask for when you start is your first and last name,

Pros

pay check

Cons

long shifts ( 12 - 16 hrs a day ), trainers are rough on new people

Great management! Bad owners!

Working here has been such a bad experience. Really low pay and the owners tend to get involved so much. You can work your butt off for them and they still can not appreciate it. Working team is great minus the housekeeping manager. So unprofessional! Not worth it to work for bad ownership!

Pros

Management and staff team

Cons

Bad owners and low pay

Great

I love my job, great work environment, teamwork and great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is when guests tell you that they had a great stay and that you've made them feel at home :).

Pros

Great Team

miss treatment, favoritism, racism, unfair punishments, unfit management.

i have never worked in such a horrible place, shame on etkins for letting this mistreatment happen. people and other staff members belittled me, yelled at me made me feel bad.

Pros

one free 10 min break.

Cons

horrible staff and management.

Great place for people starting in hotels

The place is a friendly hotel, the guests are nice and welcoming, hotel is averagely maintained, and co-workers are great to work with. A very simple hotel is the best way to put it.

Pros

willing to balance life with work, and management are nice people

Cons

short staffed, low wage, may required to do unnecessary task, system is oldest in the industry, many computer problems such as (slow internet, internet goes out, can't do anything during backup, computer glitches), needless account names in system

Jobs at Fairfield Inn & Suites

See more jobs

Great hotel but not a great job

It is a great hotel however not a stable job as the seasons change and one may quickly be out of a job without notice. although during summer hours paychecks were agreeable the company cant secure the same amount consistently when summer ends. not a salary job so money isn't the safest.

Pros

slightly above min wage pay

Cons

pay not as good as it should be, hours arent garunteed, job isnt secure.

productive workplace

An enjoyable place to work at. Learned a lot on FOSSE system Good Management & Team The hardest part of job is when we're lacking rooms for guest Enjoyable part is when we see that guest appreciates every single effort we're extending just to make their stay pleasant and enjoyable

Excellent team work

Arriving at the Fairfield Inn & Suites was amazing, with smilies all the time. At 10:00 am was amazing to share few minutes with all the departments at the Huddle. The work team was something important for all the employees at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and the Client service was the base of the hotel.

Good for short term employment

Hardest part of the job was the fluctuation in hours, and low pay. Days were pretty much the same day in and day out. Morning meeting, sent upstairs to clean rooms, when you were done, sometimes there was more work you could do, or go home. In the summer hours were great, but by the time October, it slowed down, with the exception of weekends. Great team atmosphere. Everyone is willing to jump in and help. The Executive Housekeeper is awesome to work for.

Pros

Pretty good work environment, schedules can be flexible

Cons

Fluctuation in hours, and low pay

fun and productive workplace

A day in this hotel is fun and productive at the same time. I learned that team work really help us all to achieve a certain goal. The management are all supportive and my co workers too. The hardest part of the job is during our peak season and it's really tough as the job is physical but we get to encounter different people with different views.

Experience

My experience and success opinion Customer care is a crucial element of business success. Every contact with my customers have with me business is an opportunity for me to improve my reputation with them and increase the likelihood of further sales. From your telephone manner to the efficiency of your order-fulfillment systems, almost every aspect of my business affects the way your customers view my business. But there are also specific programs for me,what can put in place to increase your levels of customer care of any company.

Working at the Fairfield Inn and Suites is a great experience.

At the Fairfield Inn and Suites there are many different people that you get to meet. They are all very friendly and supportive, you are always treated like family. The staff members all get along with each other and it makes for a pleasurable experience. There are usually some bumpy roads that we face, but we all stick together and help each other get through the tough situations.

Was a good job

I left the job because of transportation, i took the bus so wasnt always easy to get to work whitch i barley ever missed a day. The pay was not enough for my bills and life style plus i need to move up in the world. I would love to go back to school to finish and finally feel free from not finishing.

Pros

Great people i worked with, guests are wonderful.

Cons

cant live off of how much i got payed.

Mediocre

Work days range as a housekeeper at a hotel. This job is extremely physical, and while I do enjoy that aspect, the pay is ridiculous. An average work day for a housekeeper should be 16 rooms, 8 hour day. There have been several times where I have been expected - and produced- over 20 rooms in 9 hours. Sacrificing breaks and having no compensation for it to me, is ridiculous. I love what I do, but working at this Marriott has made me skeptical to others. The hardest part of my job would be having co workers who can barely speak our native language (English). Not only is it embarrassing for myself and others, but also irrelevant for a hotel when guests are depending on staff for recommendations on where to eat, activities to do, directions etc. The best part of my job is most definitely the guests. I love interacting and getting on a professional yet personal level with them- especially "regulars". These people are constantly on the go, and what I've experienced is the guests really do appreciate a familiar face away from home. That to me is gratifying in itself.

Pros

cheap hotel stays, medical benefits

Cons

unscheduled / improper breaks

Night Audit

My day of work starts at night. I have learned the proper ways of night auditing, how to balance work sheets and how to properly enter data in the bookkeeping program.

Productive and meet new people

Love working at Fairfield Inn. Always look forward to meeting new people and satisfying by solving their issues. The Management is very understanding and likes working with their employees with their scheduling and hours. Working here for so long has brought a lot of maturity in my work ethics, working with different people have taught me how to cooperate with different individuals because of which my co-worker respect me significantly. I love challenges and I always try my level best to always accomplish each and every obstacle, but the hardest part is the hours of work since I work over nights. All in all I think the best part about this job is to meet new people and to learn from them and to use the experience in the future.

Pros

To meet new people

Cons

Over night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites . Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement