Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀
Cons
Not bad hours
Great place to work just no advancement available for me.Great place to learn about the hospitality business.Great team environment.Fantastic management team.
It’s okay it’s fine it’s alright it’s a job I don’t know what else to say. Pay is fine work is fine job is hard labour and gets exhausting sometimes but it’s alright.
If you enjoy being talked down to, bullied and made to feel worthless than this is the place for you. Management does NOT care about the well being of their staff they feel that you are below them and that they own you
The work environment at this location is extremely toxic. One employee that works the front counter terrorizes the rest of the employees with rudeness and incompetence but do to familial relations nothing is done about it. Constant criticism and negativity from management with absolutely no positive reinforcement. Ownership lacks the skills to be considered professional, well employing a manager with absolutely no management skills. Problems are left for the employees to deal with with no help from management. Brand standard are only followed when it’s convenient for management. If you would like a job with little to no training, no assistance from management, where familial relationships are more important than professionalism, low pay and no benefits this is the job for you.
Perfect for a short term job. Not a place for stability and no respect of seniority. If you want to growing up in a compagny, better to apply elsewhere.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
I started working a couple months ago and at first it was amazing till my old boss quit then the owners brought in this unqualified person and lets just say the place lost a lot of people because of dirty rooms, rats, bugs etc... and not to mention refusing to pay employees and overworking others
Cons
the shifts can be long and depending who is supervising stressful. As some are not very nice people to work with. very high turn over for staff. overall if you enjoy housekeeping and can ignore certain people and just get your job done, its alright.
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They expect the world of you and don't give you any credit when you give it to them. They keep hiring people and then before three months probation is up they fire them because its cheap labour. I loved it when I first started but as I worked there i saw how truly bad this company is. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Management was awesome. Really cared about their employees and meetings were productive. Staff were happy and everyone worked as a team. Communication was great as well which is important.
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend
- you should expect to work really hard - soccer/hockey moms and kids are the worst, but you'll be surrounded by them, staff is super nice - expect early mornings
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
If you need a job and are able to handle travelers, its a job for you.
Pros
Human experience
Cons
low wage and benefits
I,m a real hard working,I ,m a friendly person,Hope you have a wonderful day,God Bless you.Thanks l have worked at Vernon Lod,Silver Star and Tiki,They liked my work,Did Laundry too.,and cleaning rooms
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
Unless your friends with management, There is no advancement here. Co- Workers are great, friendly, helpful. Management does not care about its workers.
Cared about their customers experience to the hotel. Had very high standards to cleanliness. Competitive rates with other hotels Teamwork was high with all the employees.
Very uncleanly, and disorganized management literally had no idea what they were doing and would get upset with employees for doing what there told, yes I’m aware that makes no sense it didn’t to me either. Expected you to work past your scheduled shift UNPAID, management was no understanding in the least or easy to approach, we were expected to clean 16 rooms a day and no matter how messy the room is still expected to finish in time. Benefits are non existence, having to pay a 25$ union fee every pay check and getting twice the amount of taxes if not more taken out of my check than any other job I’ve ever worked at. Cannot have any piercings including TOUNGE which makes no sense at all. I was expected to take out my industrial earring at the top of my ear. Also tips were non existent and the job is just far far far FAR to physically and emotionally demanding to work. You were expected to be on call 24\7 even when you had already worked full hours that week and come in when they pleased. Some people would be working 7 days a week because of being pressured!! Anyways all in all do yourself a favour and NEVER work for this company please I promise you, you will regret it! The kenmount road Fairfield inn in St. John’s Newfoundland was the one I worked at just to be clear!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
All listed in my description
Good job to have if you like to clean in a timely manner. Nice facility to work in and the staff was nice. Good exercise while working is my idea of a good job.