Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Work-life balance reviews

Only worked for them for a few days till I found another job as I was on call, also there was no schedule so you had to wait for the owner to call in the morning. The pay was an insult,
Pros
The housekeeping staff were nice
Cons
Not good pay
Management see people who really works hard and job well done, and gets rewarded, and best things get promoted. Always positive, and with a smile to make every guest and co workers happy and satisfied.
Cons
No paid sick leave
I love their life balance/take care program for their employees. Their equally treatment and fair benefits making me having enough and sufficient in everyday life.
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
If you enjoy being talked down to, bullied and made to feel worthless than this is the place for you. Management does NOT care about the well being of their staff they feel that you are below them and that they own you
Perfect for a short term job. Not a place for stability and no respect of seniority. If you want to growing up in a compagny, better to apply elsewhere.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
I,m a real hard working,I ,m a friendly person,Hope you have a wonderful day,God Bless you.Thanks l have worked at Vernon Lod,Silver Star and Tiki,They liked my work,Did Laundry too.,and cleaning rooms
Start at 8 or 9, You stay until everyone on your housekeeping shift is done, you could be done your rooms ar 4pm but a coworker isnt until 9pm, you stay until 9pm. trainers are hard on new people. and they dont get your information for pay right away all they ask for when you start is your first and last name,
Pros
pay check
Cons
long shifts ( 12 - 16 hrs a day ), trainers are rough on new people
I love my job, great work environment, teamwork and great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is when guests tell you that they had a great stay and that you've made them feel at home :).
Pros
Great Team
At the Fairfield Inn and Suites there are many different people that you get to meet. They are all very friendly and supportive, you are always treated like family. The staff members all get along with each other and it makes for a pleasurable experience. There are usually some bumpy roads that we face, but we all stick together and help each other get through the tough situations.
I left the job because of transportation, i took the bus so wasnt always easy to get to work whitch i barley ever missed a day. The pay was not enough for my bills and life style plus i need to move up in the world. I would love to go back to school to finish and finally feel free from not finishing.
Pros
Great people i worked with, guests are wonderful.
Cons
cant live off of how much i got payed.
Love working at Fairfield Inn. Always look forward to meeting new people and satisfying by solving their issues. The Management is very understanding and likes working with their employees with their scheduling and hours. Working here for so long has brought a lot of maturity in my work ethics, working with different people have taught me how to cooperate with different individuals because of which my co-worker respect me significantly. I love challenges and I always try my level best to always accomplish each and every obstacle, but the hardest part is the hours of work since I work over nights. All in all I think the best part about this job is to meet new people and to learn from them and to use the experience in the future.
Pros
To meet new people
Cons
Over night shifts