Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Pay & benefits reviews

Great people to work with and very hard working. Flexible hours when needed. Some guests can be demanding but most are polite. Management is great and there when you need them.
Nice hotel to work for. Salary is very low for the industry and being in the basic airport area. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Management and owner are similar to other companies.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Very low salary. Very difficult to get benefits.
I love their life balance/take care program for their employees. Their equally treatment and fair benefits making me having enough and sufficient in everyday life.
It’s okay it’s fine it’s alright it’s a job I don’t know what else to say. Pay is fine work is fine job is hard labour and gets exhausting sometimes but it’s alright.
The work environment at this location is extremely toxic. One employee that works the front counter terrorizes the rest of the employees with rudeness and incompetence but do to familial relations nothing is done about it. Constant criticism and negativity from management with absolutely no positive reinforcement. Ownership lacks the skills to be considered professional, well employing a manager with absolutely no management skills. Problems are left for the employees to deal with with no help from management. Brand standard are only followed when it’s convenient for management. If you would like a job with little to no training, no assistance from management, where familial relationships are more important than professionalism, low pay and no benefits this is the job for you.
Very uncleanly, and disorganized management literally had no idea what they were doing and would get upset with employees for doing what there told, yes I’m aware that makes no sense it didn’t to me either. Expected you to work past your scheduled shift UNPAID, management was no understanding in the least or easy to approach, we were expected to clean 16 rooms a day and no matter how messy the room is still expected to finish in time. Benefits are non existence, having to pay a 25$ union fee every pay check and getting twice the amount of taxes if not more taken out of my check than any other job I’ve ever worked at. Cannot have any piercings including TOUNGE which makes no sense at all. I was expected to take out my industrial earring at the top of my ear. Also tips were non existent and the job is just far far far FAR to physically and emotionally demanding to work. You were expected to be on call 24\7 even when you had already worked full hours that week and come in when they pleased. Some people would be working 7 days a week because of being pressured!! Anyways all in all do yourself a favour and NEVER work for this company please I promise you, you will regret it! The kenmount road Fairfield inn in St. John’s Newfoundland was the one I worked at just to be clear!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
All listed in my description
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else. There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day. Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them. At least there was no shortage of hours. The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
It was a good place to work as long as you got along with all the girls. but as far as any job with as many people working in the same department under the pressure required to maintain standard could be a bit much
At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.
Pros
Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.
Cons
Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management
It is a great hotel however not a stable job as the seasons change and one may quickly be out of a job without notice. although during summer hours paychecks were agreeable the company cant secure the same amount consistently when summer ends. not a salary job so money isn't the safest.
Pros
slightly above min wage pay
Cons
pay not as good as it should be, hours arent garunteed, job isnt secure.
Hardest part of the job was the fluctuation in hours, and low pay. Days were pretty much the same day in and day out. Morning meeting, sent upstairs to clean rooms, when you were done, sometimes there was more work you could do, or go home. In the summer hours were great, but by the time October, it slowed down, with the exception of weekends. Great team atmosphere. Everyone is willing to jump in and help. The Executive Housekeeper is awesome to work for.
Pros
Pretty good work environment, schedules can be flexible
Cons
Fluctuation in hours, and low pay
Work days range as a housekeeper at a hotel. This job is extremely physical, and while I do enjoy that aspect, the pay is ridiculous. An average work day for a housekeeper should be 16 rooms, 8 hour day. There have been several times where I have been expected - and produced- over 20 rooms in 9 hours. Sacrificing breaks and having no compensation for it to me, is ridiculous. I love what I do, but working at this Marriott has made me skeptical to others. The hardest part of my job would be having co workers who can barely speak our native language (English). Not only is it embarrassing for myself and others, but also irrelevant for a hotel when guests are depending on staff for recommendations on where to eat, activities to do, directions etc. The best part of my job is most definitely the guests. I love interacting and getting on a professional yet personal level with them- especially "regulars". These people are constantly on the go, and what I've experienced is the guests really do appreciate a familiar face away from home. That to me is gratifying in itself.
Pros
cheap hotel stays, medical benefits
Cons
unscheduled / improper breaks