Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Management reviews

I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀
Cons
Not bad hours
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
Management see people who really works hard and job well done, and gets rewarded, and best things get promoted. Always positive, and with a smile to make every guest and co workers happy and satisfied.
Cons
No paid sick leave
My day of work would be going in the morning wait for the supervisor to come in to divided rooms up between housekeeper that are in that day. i would empty trash cans in and out . I learned who to trust and not to trust .Management is fair but needs to listen more to the housekeepers not the supervisor . Workplace is friendly to a point on the guest . The hardest part being a housekeeper is how many rooms you get and if you get a room from a hooker or someone that has done drugs in the room we have to strip everything down and flip mattress and box spring to make sure no other drugs are left behind and vacuum under box spring and around it and also always make sure no trash behind night stands and pullout couch if one is not the room . The enjoyable part is about being a housekeeper is finding a stuffed animal and making some little child happy again and also making friends that don't advantage of you .
Pros
Hours, and some tips when you don't get them taken from you
Cons
to many rooms.
Great people to work with and very hard working. Flexible hours when needed. Some guests can be demanding but most are polite. Management is great and there when you need them.
Nice hotel to work for. Salary is very low for the industry and being in the basic airport area. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Management and owner are similar to other companies.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Very low salary. Very difficult to get benefits.
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
They like to over work people. Other housekeepers want help but wont offer help on return. Management is unfair and dont listen. I would not recommend anybody applying. They steal tips!
It’s fine, they’re flexible and nice enough. But they are sneaky and things aren’t always what they seem, if you pay attention you’ll notice some poor moral ethics being demonstrated, too bad, cause otherwise the job is pretty great
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
Owner has two faces
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
Management was unreasonable. At the start I was given a list of tasks to be done by end of shift. It was easy. After some time management started to ask an unreasonable amount of extra tasks and the work load became too much for the time given. I was expected to clean two hotels in the same time I was given to clean just one before, it was not enough time to properly clean both hotels and it became stressful
Great place to work just no advancement available for me.Great place to learn about the hospitality business.Great team environment.Fantastic management team.
If you enjoy being talked down to, bullied and made to feel worthless than this is the place for you. Management does NOT care about the well being of their staff they feel that you are below them and that they own you
The work environment at this location is extremely toxic. One employee that works the front counter terrorizes the rest of the employees with rudeness and incompetence but do to familial relations nothing is done about it. Constant criticism and negativity from management with absolutely no positive reinforcement. Ownership lacks the skills to be considered professional, well employing a manager with absolutely no management skills. Problems are left for the employees to deal with with no help from management. Brand standard are only followed when it’s convenient for management. If you would like a job with little to no training, no assistance from management, where familial relationships are more important than professionalism, low pay and no benefits this is the job for you.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
I started working a couple months ago and at first it was amazing till my old boss quit then the owners brought in this unqualified person and lets just say the place lost a lot of people because of dirty rooms, rats, bugs etc... and not to mention refusing to pay employees and overworking others
Cons
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They expect the world of you and don't give you any credit when you give it to them. They keep hiring people and then before three months probation is up they fire them because its cheap labour. I loved it when I first started but as I worked there i saw how truly bad this company is. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Management was awesome. Really cared about their employees and meetings were productive. Staff were happy and everyone worked as a team. Communication was great as well which is important.
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations