Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Job security & advancement reviews

I learned a lot while working there .I had a great experience .everyone was cooperative. Looking foreword to work there in future again. Overall it was fun being there.
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
While doing volunteer work at Fairfield Inn, I have learn many job skills like as:- breakfast attendant, housekeeping and front desk. Morover, I get knowledge about team work and many more skills.
Great place to work just no advancement available for me.Great place to learn about the hospitality business.Great team environment.Fantastic management team.
Perfect for a short term job. Not a place for stability and no respect of seniority. If you want to growing up in a compagny, better to apply elsewhere.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
Unless your friends with management, There is no advancement here. Co- Workers are great, friendly, helpful. Management does not care about its workers.
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else. There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day. Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them. At least there was no shortage of hours. The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.
Pros
Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.
Cons
Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management