Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

It’s okay it’s fine it’s alright it’s a job I don’t know what else to say. Pay is fine work is fine job is hard labour and gets exhausting sometimes but it’s alright.
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
They like to over work people. Other housekeepers want help but wont offer help on return. Management is unfair and dont listen. I would not recommend anybody applying. They steal tips!
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
Management was unreasonable. At the start I was given a list of tasks to be done by end of shift. It was easy. After some time management started to ask an unreasonable amount of extra tasks and the work load became too much for the time given. I was expected to clean two hotels in the same time I was given to clean just one before, it was not enough time to properly clean both hotels and it became stressful
Perfect for a short term job. Not a place for stability and no respect of seniority. If you want to growing up in a compagny, better to apply elsewhere.
the shifts can be long and depending who is supervising stressful. As some are not very nice people to work with. very high turn over for staff. overall if you enjoy housekeeping and can ignore certain people and just get your job done, its alright.
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
Cared about their customers experience to the hotel. Had very high standards to cleanliness. Competitive rates with other hotels Teamwork was high with all the employees.
Very uncleanly, and disorganized management literally had no idea what they were doing and would get upset with employees for doing what there told, yes I’m aware that makes no sense it didn’t to me either. Expected you to work past your scheduled shift UNPAID, management was no understanding in the least or easy to approach, we were expected to clean 16 rooms a day and no matter how messy the room is still expected to finish in time. Benefits are non existence, having to pay a 25$ union fee every pay check and getting twice the amount of taxes if not more taken out of my check than any other job I’ve ever worked at. Cannot have any piercings including TOUNGE which makes no sense at all. I was expected to take out my industrial earring at the top of my ear. Also tips were non existent and the job is just far far far FAR to physically and emotionally demanding to work. You were expected to be on call 24\7 even when you had already worked full hours that week and come in when they pleased. Some people would be working 7 days a week because of being pressured!! Anyways all in all do yourself a favour and NEVER work for this company please I promise you, you will regret it! The kenmount road Fairfield inn in St. John’s Newfoundland was the one I worked at just to be clear!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
All listed in my description
Good job to have if you like to clean in a timely manner. Nice facility to work in and the staff was nice. Good exercise while working is my idea of a good job.
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else. There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day. Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them. At least there was no shortage of hours. The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
It was a good place to work as long as you got along with all the girls. but as far as any job with as many people working in the same department under the pressure required to maintain standard could be a bit much
Start at 8 or 9, You stay until everyone on your housekeeping shift is done, you could be done your rooms ar 4pm but a coworker isnt until 9pm, you stay until 9pm. trainers are hard on new people. and they dont get your information for pay right away all they ask for when you start is your first and last name,
Pros
pay check
Cons
long shifts ( 12 - 16 hrs a day ), trainers are rough on new people
It is a great hotel however not a stable job as the seasons change and one may quickly be out of a job without notice. although during summer hours paychecks were agreeable the company cant secure the same amount consistently when summer ends. not a salary job so money isn't the safest.
Pros
slightly above min wage pay
Cons
pay not as good as it should be, hours arent garunteed, job isnt secure.
Hardest part of the job was the fluctuation in hours, and low pay. Days were pretty much the same day in and day out. Morning meeting, sent upstairs to clean rooms, when you were done, sometimes there was more work you could do, or go home. In the summer hours were great, but by the time October, it slowed down, with the exception of weekends. Great team atmosphere. Everyone is willing to jump in and help. The Executive Housekeeper is awesome to work for.
Pros
Pretty good work environment, schedules can be flexible
Cons
Fluctuation in hours, and low pay
At the Fairfield Inn and Suites there are many different people that you get to meet. They are all very friendly and supportive, you are always treated like family. The staff members all get along with each other and it makes for a pleasurable experience. There are usually some bumpy roads that we face, but we all stick together and help each other get through the tough situations.
I left the job because of transportation, i took the bus so wasnt always easy to get to work whitch i barley ever missed a day. The pay was not enough for my bills and life style plus i need to move up in the world. I would love to go back to school to finish and finally feel free from not finishing.
Pros
Great people i worked with, guests are wonderful.
Cons
cant live off of how much i got payed.
Work days range as a housekeeper at a hotel. This job is extremely physical, and while I do enjoy that aspect, the pay is ridiculous. An average work day for a housekeeper should be 16 rooms, 8 hour day. There have been several times where I have been expected - and produced- over 20 rooms in 9 hours. Sacrificing breaks and having no compensation for it to me, is ridiculous. I love what I do, but working at this Marriott has made me skeptical to others. The hardest part of my job would be having co workers who can barely speak our native language (English). Not only is it embarrassing for myself and others, but also irrelevant for a hotel when guests are depending on staff for recommendations on where to eat, activities to do, directions etc. The best part of my job is most definitely the guests. I love interacting and getting on a professional yet personal level with them- especially "regulars". These people are constantly on the go, and what I've experienced is the guests really do appreciate a familiar face away from home. That to me is gratifying in itself.
Pros
cheap hotel stays, medical benefits
Cons
unscheduled / improper breaks